How long does it take....

What is the quickest anyone has built up a club like Sunderland or Reading to win the premiership?

I have started a game with Sunderland and in my first 2 seasons been 12th then 10th and havent really made all that much progress from what I can see, not sure if its my tactics, I am using the old 3-5-2 origianl jambo dave tactic except using direct passing instead of short, maybe I just need to stick at it and try to get through some youngsters?

Would appreciate any input on this as I dont want to keep coming mid table and not improving....

Ok.... Think I found the problem, DIRECT is definitely not as good as SHORT passing.... Switched back to short and straight away I am sitting 2nd in the premier league with pretty much the same team as I had before...

Not sure how I managed to do so well with hearts, maybe just because the scottish league is very bad I guess...

I reckon the premiership will be mines withing the next few seasons so definitely before my 5th season i hope to have won it.

Going to play the 30 teams challenge next although I doubt i'll make it to 30.

SO... I came 3rd in the premier in season 3 and now in january season 4 I am top by 4 points, Bobby Zamora and Daniel Sturridge have been inspired for me and have got 15 goals+ each before christmas, I see that this version is definitely not as easy as the last 2 versions but if you stick with a game you get success eventually.

where you here when mightyowl was sashur?

no i was'nt registered but i used to see this site, i've said it before as seen below.

i've been browsing this forum and that site for alot of time,when this site required to be registered then i HAD to register,which i than did
mightyowl made updates, ridley made challenges... I'd say crickie is the new mightyowl and ridley helps as a stato!

True,but they both are experts(including LSD,LukaBoi,COMENONTHEARSENAL,B10,etc)

Same with me but ridley are you some sort of new Mightyowl to this forum?

i joined roughly the same time as MO we have both built up our reputations since then but MO has left but will be back in a few days where as i have stayed since i joined and as was said in the FMH08 ceremony i am Mr FMH08(not being big headed there though!) or for the old schools the "challenge guru"!

What is the quickest anyone has built up a club like Sunderland or Reading to win the premiership?

Won the Premiership first season with Reading and second with Sunderland, only signing Bosmans, frees and loans. Sunderland, Fulham and Derby were the only teams I didn't win Prem League with first season without spending any money.

Archived