I'm enjoying this game more and more

As the title says really.

I think when the few minor issues have been sorted that this is going to be one of the best versions of CM/FM ever. I'm really enjoying the 3D, which adds so much to the game, even if it isn't perfect from the start. I can't really see why people say it's the 3D engine, because these "minor" glitches must also be part of the 2D as well, seeing as though it's the same engine.

One example of the difference was when my player slipped and went down leaving the opponent a free run at goal. Now if that had been 2D all I would have seen was a 'disc' not moving anymore. At least now I knew why.

If SI want to make the 3D more realistic though, we should really only have two views, namely from the stands and from the coaching zone. The elevated and other views should only really be available after the match for tactical analysis.

The other additions are also making life more enjoyable, especially the improvements to the assistant manager. And these views are only from me playing at about 50% capacity. I haven't set up trainign schedules, my own tactics or used the transfer market yet, as I'm just trying to get a feel for the game.

Basically I just want to give the SI team some positive feedback, as I can imagine they aren't having the easiest of times right now. YES the game has its glitches and YES many people are experiencing difficulties for whatever reason, but I have the feeling that the bugs-forum isn't as full as in previous years and that the bugs are mainly about one or two (known) issues.

I personally think the criticism here goes way OTT. It's fair to point out what you think might be a bug (as I have done as well),because this can only help the SI team, but people really ought to consider the tone they use when doing so.

So, once again, I am enjoying the game again (after having got a little bored with FM 2008).

Just one small question: I still haven't worked out what the two small boxes in the bottom corners of the 3D screens are for. Can someone tell me?

2D pitch for me is what FM is all about , so I will be sticking with it , just like Commentry was what CM was all about . Likewise , I cant wait for the official release , keep up the good work SI :)

Not having a go, but honestly can't understand why anyone would "go back" to 2D after seeing the game (working properly) in 3D.

Archived