Steam payment via Paypal

**Just a note, this is not directed at SI, it is just a rant at effing Paypal or Steam, pretty sure its effing Paypal though**

Just purchased FM09 through Steam and did the Paypal option

It was $60 US which means $90 Australian which isn't to bad, but because we went through Paypal they have slapped an extra $30 dollars Australian on the price because it went through the credit card

WTF

I could have gone to the effing shop and bough it for less and got the disk as well, or just did it directly from the credit card to steam and got the better price, looking over the Paypal site I can't for the life of me see a 30% extra cost for that.

Bastards.

That is all, I feel better now, well not really, but I will if Paypal cancels the payment which I have asked them to do.

Quick Question: Can you cancel the payment through Steam? as I can't see it there anywhere

That extra $30 wouldn't happen to be VAT or something to that extent? Just a guess since the prices listed on Steam are without it. If I recall correctly you should be presented with the higher VAT-adjusted price before finalizing the order though.

Archived