Start with injuries option in FM

Would you like it?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like it?

Just because it makes the game more challenging it doesn't mean we should get rid of it. Injures are a real part of the game, and they are something that real life managers have to deal with, so FM players should have to deal with them to.

Well we deal with them, but why do i have to start with injuries that have nothing to do with the game... that's real life injuries, maybe we should have real life fixture results too, so we just browse around the game, and maybe even real life conferences, no need for us to do them..

Well we deal with them, but why do i have to start with injuries that have nothing to do with the game... that's real life injuries, maybe we should have real life fixture results too, so we just browse around the game, and maybe even real life conferences, no need for us to do them..

That's not a very logical conclusion. The injuries force you to deal with a real situation, whereas your other examples mean you sit there doing nothing.

It's fair enough that you ask the question, but then you have to accept when the answer is no.

One of the main appeals of a management game is to start at the same point as the real manager and either try to achieve the same results or better. If you start without the same injuries then that aspect is lost.

'start with transfer budget' affects realism even more ... for example , spurs start with around £25m transfer budget as well as Bentley, Modric, Pav etc. in the squad. So you can essentially double the strength of the squad before the first day of the season.

Surely that has a much bigger effect than being able to use players that would be out for a few weeks or months from injury..

more options are a good thing!

That's not a very logical conclusion. The injuries force you to deal with a real situation, whereas your other examples mean you sit there doing nothing.

It's fair enough that you ask the question, but then you have to accept when the answer is no.

One of the main appeals of a management game is to start at the same point as the real manager and either try to achieve the same results or better. If you start without the same injuries then that aspect is lost.

That's a bit of a flimsy reasoniing since you are just parachuted in at an essentially random point as a manager. If everything were to be properly matched up then you would start as manager on the exact day that the database is accurate to, not 3 months earlier, at which point loads of players you have at your club may not have been there because they were bought by the real manager after that date.

I'm not too fussed either way about injuries. My game world has very little to do with the real world after one season so I'm not bothered whether all injuries are accurately represented at the start, especially since it is only the case for those at bigger clubs or where the researcher has chosen to include the injury so it isn't consistent.

I think it would be great to have an option like the 'start with transfer budget in first season' that reffers to starting with injured players in the game.

What do yous think?

i like your idea..

we can choose our budget but it depends on our Financial cub

so we can`t choose have 50Million,in case...:D:D:D:D

That's a bit of a flimsy reasoniing since you are just parachuted in at an essentially random point as a manager. If everything were to be properly matched up then you would start as manager on the exact day that the database is accurate to, not 3 months earlier, at which point loads of players you have at your club may not have been there because they were bought by the real manager after that date.

That doesn't make the reasoning flimsy - in fact it backs up the reasoning as many people have debated whether the transfers should be correct as of the start of the season, rather than after the transfer window.

Well if the database was accurate to the time the game starts then sure, adding injuries adds to the realism, but since the database is totally out of synch with reality adding injuries is just rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, esp. since it is just selected injuries anyway.

Archived