Will the patch work with the Demo?

As the thread title suggests really.

The reason I ask, is, I don't want to have to buy the game to try the patch only to find the bugs haven't really been fixed. I'd like to patch the free demo in order to see if I feel the game has been corrected to a satisfactory state.

Thanks.

seems foolish, surely the demo is meant to entice people to play the game and should represent it in the best way possible. best idea would probably be to release an updated (patched) demo ?

If they do it will be post release :)

Oh right. Well I'm not risking £25 to find the bugs and glitches still evident. As history shows; patches never really fix everything.

Well no, Software is an evil beast when it comes to bugs. Windows XP for example which has been on the market for over 7 years now is still be fixed with patches as bugs are found. Unfortunately nothing will ever be perfect.

Well if they release a patched demo for us to try, then I will of course try it. Because how else would I find out if the patch worked, other than to buy the game, only to find the bugs haven't been fixed, which in the past, patches haven't totally worked.

I'll just have to read feedback on here post release. I tend to take more notice of people who actually list faults, errors, bugs constructively, than those who just say can't find a fault with it - great game!! they either can't see them, or are playing a different game to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen a reply from SI about this? I have found a few threads now but just lots of discussion and no response. Everyone is saying no but it would be good to get an official answer. I probably missed it somewhere. There are thousands of posts a day on here. Even searching returns tens of pages. :-)

I guess a new demo that was already patched would be most likely rather than the full game patch working on the demo.

Sometimes I wonder if people think before posting such useless threads....

What is the point of applying the patch on the demo?????????

I posted more info in another thread but it got closed. I want to see if the issues I have with the game (jerky 2d and 3d) are fixed before spending £30. That is all.

I might have imagined it - but I thought I'd read somewhere about a new demo (fixed version) being released at some point. Because as it stands, I can see the current demo putting a lot of people off purchasing the game.

I tried to ask that question on a new thread but it got closed so I replied to an existing thread and it got closed. So I give up now :-)

In reply to the other post about the problem getting fixed in the patch.

I understand the patch is meant to be fixing the jerky 2d / 3d thing but I probably won't fix every instance of the problem. It will depend on the cause which will be different for different computers.

Archived