Do you have Stevie Wonder for an inhouse tester?

How come we that have downloaded the demo and have only been playing the game for a matter of hours are able to identify bugs such as injuries (again, how many series will this bug keep showing up?), own goals, closing down, double lettering etc..

..and you testers and developers have been doing so for a year and it's somehow incredibly slipped by?

Sheer incompetance.

I'll give you a Mars bar if you can name any pre-release game demo in history without bugs.

The whole point of a demo is to generate feedback ready for a patch that will probably be available around release day.

Well then it shouldn't be released IMO. You don't release a game that isn't even finished, or if you know it's riddled with bugs.

Or am I wrong on this?

I don't think anyone can deny that the principle is right. But things don't work like that in computer games any more. Games get released, then they get patched. Pretty often they'll get patched again.

Come on Cheer up there is a PATCH going to be released on the release date

CHEER UP !!!!!!

Really? Well they must be really aware of the extent of some of these bugs because I can't remember the last time they had a patch ready for release day.

Why don't SI release a demo of the demo to the general public ... Then most of the bugs would be fixed for the demo - rather than letting the chimps test it?

The demo is made when the full game is completed so you would still get the bugs. The best they can do is offer a patch on release day.

Archived