Am i wasting my time?

I've got the dilemma of do i buy Fm09 or not.The reason is that my 08 game keeps crashing (crash dump) and i've tried all i know.I have done 3 complete un-installs and 3 clean install,but to no avail.So i don't want to waste my time and find that 09 will do the same.

snoggers, if it's a fresh installation of your operating system you shouldn't experience those problems at all - not without some drivers seriously out of whack or some hardware failing.

The FM games have always been very tolerant to my OS-installation-cycle (I usually re-install my Windows every year or so) even after the OS has become a bit less stable and more prone to crashes or bluescreens.

That being said, if you're running Windows, the easiest and fastest way to check if FM08 will run fine on your current system is to re-install the operating system and test it extensively with little to no software running in the background. You won't believe the stuff that's being added to your profile over time, be it some virus scanner here or a malware scanner there or the various background-tasks from whatever software you're using.

I've got the dilemma of do i buy Fm09 or not.The reason is that my 08 game keeps crashing (crash dump) and i've tried all i know.I have done 3 complete un-installs and 3 clean install,but to no avail.So i don't want to waste my time and find that 09 will do the same.

Playing games is wasting time anyway! Don't complicate your life - forget about FM!

Have you got the 8.0.2 patch? if not get it and try again. Check your hard drive for errors and defrag. Try a virus and spyware scan in case anything is causing problems but I think you might have to get your computer look at by a professional. As far as running FM2009 is concerned you could either run the "can you run it" test at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest select spore from the drop down menu and see if your computer can run it if not the you probably will have difficulties with FM 2009. Alternatively you could always wait until saturday at midnight and download the demo and try it.

Archived