Quad Core Processors

DP

Depends how many things you have running. If your simply running FM then quad, dual, single really won't make much of a difference. It's only noticeable when your running multiple applications at the same time.

At least that's how I understand it when I was deciding between dual and quad core myself years ago.

As I understand it, if an application is optimised for quad cores then it will have a sort of 'multiple processes' configuration so that it keeps all cores busy, whereas something that isnt will have only one process that only one core ever deals with. So I guess it depends how FM works things out and how it does its processing?

As I understand it, if an application is optimised for quad cores then it will have a sort of 'multiple processes' configuration so that it keeps all cores busy, whereas something that isnt will have only one process that only one core ever deals with. So I guess it depends how FM works things out and how it does its processing?

This is correct. And I guess FM could be easily programmed to use even more than 4 cores.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran all the major leagues and all the divisions in them (so thats England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland - and other leagues like Brazil, Argentina, MLS, Greece etc etc). Not all of them, simply out of choice. At no point did I really find myself staring at the screen and shaking my fist at it waiting for the processing to end. But then, I'm quite patient.

On FM09, takes a few seconds, if that.

Archived