Raiding the former club syndrome

just wondering if its only me that does it! i'll bide my time wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, usually making ridiculous amounts of profit on the way, then when i get itchy for a new challenge i'll jump ship and head elsewhere, normally another country/league, however, it is a habit of mine to firstly go back and raid my old club for the star players and best young guns. i guess i know what to expect from my old players! also i end up signing that many players each season that i have best youth around, i'm always the "most active" team in transfer market, usually with 20+ signings.

anyone else do this? or people prefer to start from scratch and scout fresh talent?

I always get a little disturbed by changing teams, because it feels awkward that someone else has assembled the team. Then I see my team either doing superbly or crashing and burning. And then I feel sad!

I have never tried raiding the former club, though, because I feel that transfers were always a little too skewed and that it would be unlikely to poach them at a sane and reasonable price...

I always get a little disturbed by changing teams, because it feels awkward that someone else has assembled the team. Then I see my team either doing superbly or crashing and burning. And then I feel sad!

I have never tried raiding the former club, though, because I feel that transfers were always a little too skewed and that it would be unlikely to poach them at a sane and reasonable price...

i've experience the opposite, being able to pick players up at a much lower value than i wouldve sold them for if i was still in charge. i agree it's hard to watch a team you've assembled crash and burn and see the new boss playing a bunch a players who'd only have graced your reserves!!!

i've experience the opposite, being able to pick players up at a much lower value than i wouldve sold them for if i was still in charge. i agree it's hard to watch a team you've assembled crash and burn and see the new boss playing a bunch a players who'd only have graced your reserves!!!

I'm the same. Everytime I leave, I find about half of my first team squad have been put in the reserves and are available for a much lower price than I'd have asked for.

In fact, in my current game, I left Bochum after steering them to 5th in the Bundesliga, and ended up joining Koln in the division below. I bought 3 of my former players and loaned another 2, and we ended up swapping divisions after the first season.

It's natural to raid your old club, after all you had the best players in the world there. ;)

However I'd imagine for some peoplethey think tha, but when they move to another club they realize their players weren't actually all that great...

Archived