Will goals look extremely similar in 3D

Most goals on MOTD look exactly the same lol.

There are so many places to shoot from on a pitch, only so many ways to get there, and strikers are statistically more likely to move into certain positions and score in certain positions than others.

It depends how they made the 3d graphics engine, from the sounds of it they've just added physics to the existing match engine which is very promising.

See, the repetitive games (especially ones like this that you can't interact with) tend to use a selection of pre-captured goal options so every similar goal is exactly the same. if they use physics on the other hand the goal will change with everything - position, strike, ability etc etc... but that said it's in its early stages so I guess we shouldn't expect too much :p

IMO FM has a good variety of goals. Although i think in general very similar looking goals keep getting picked for goal of the month etc. I played CM08 for a month a little while ago and their goals are very, very repetitive. Was quite annoying really, especially own goals by keepers from corner kicks which was one of those preset goal routines that happened over and over. Keeper would try to catch ball directly at the near post but would somehow knock it into his own goal.

Archived