I would like to know the meaning of the following in FM

Right I haven't had FM 08 for long however I have recently become addicted to it and I really enjoy it as everyone else does on these forums :) anyways...

One thing puzzles me on the game :confused:

when I go to the profile screen and on the right hand side u have club/louality etc. I know what the others on right hand side mean expect the following..

Domestic player bias - I have no idea the meaning of this

Hands on approch - I have an idea of what this could mean but not sure

Tactical consistency - Does this mean using the same tactic or using a consistant tactic which wins u a lot of games?

What do people think the meaning of these are and how can they be improved?

Much appreciated FM forums

hands on approach is usually down to setting your own tactics/training schedules up, although youll get a hiuge variety of opinions on that one!! and going on holiday drastically lowers this stat

domestic player bias > buying and playing players from the country your club is in ie english players at Liverpool.

tactical consistency > whether you chop and change tactics constantly, or tend to keep one for a long period of time.

hands on approach is usually down to setting your own tactics/training schedules up, although youll get a hiuge variety of opinions on that one!! and going on holiday drastically lowers this stat

Can also raise this by setting more custom training schedules and managing your youth/reserve teams.

When 09 comes out and you can play as a female manager this will take on a whole new meaning though, mine will always be at 20.

Thanks mate. I'm low on domestic player bias, so I think this could mean that I'm not buying enough spanish players (I'm espanyol at the moment)

I'm also low on tactical consistency so they may mean that i've changed me tactics at lot so that might be the reason why its low.

And not the mention my hands on approach is terrible haha

the only thing am high in is squard disaplice and financal control

Hands on approach is weather you handle things like training, arranging friendlies, doing team talks yourself and managing 1st\reserve & Under 18 teams yourself or get your assistant to do these things. Well thats what I've always thought it meant anyway. I'm not too sure if this stat really does anything or if its just a cosmetic feature.

Thanks mate. I'm low on domestic player bias, so I think this could mean that I'm not buying enough spanish players (I'm espanyol at the moment)

I'm also low on tactical consistency so they may mean that i've changed me tactics at lot so that might be the reason why its low.

And not the mention my hands on approach is terrible haha

the only thing am high in is squard disaplice and financal control

They don't effect you in any way unless your trying to raise them for completion sake?

When 09 comes out and you can play as a female manager this will take on a whole new meaning though, mine will always be at 20.

What makes you say that? Do you know something we don't? I personally think that people are over reacting to this whole 'female manager' thing. As far as I know it only means that the users of the game will be refered to correctly in the game instead of constantly being called he when it really should be she. It doesn't mean that female managers will be popping up all over the place as the only female mangers in the game will be the computer users themselves.

They don't effect you in any way unless your trying to raise them for completion sake?

I guess it wont affect me then, I would like them higher obviously but i can't complain because my record at barcelona is very impressive and have clubs coming in for me.

You can also raise domestic bias by buying players from your manager's nation.

so that means if a manager is from england and buys players from england the domestic bias should go up depending on how many people from your own country you have brought?

so that means if a manager is from england and buys players from england the domestic bias should go up depending on how many people from your own country you have brought?

That's what he is saying, yes, makes sense. Wonder if second nationalities count as well.

domestic bias is one of the hardest to get high imo.. mainly becasue its tough to restrict yourself to just players from that specific country...

Unless you're Athletic Bilbao of course! :p

I totally agree though, I've currently only got a rating of 5 for this stat. I don't half struggle when it comes to selecting my champions league squad because of the homegrown player limitations!

Domestic player bias - if you buy, loan players from your domestic country of birth.

Hands on approch - if you do team talks etc yourself or if you get your ass man involved alot

Tactical consistency - that u dont tinker with different tactics from game to game

• 1 month later...
Domestic player bias - if you buy, loan players from your domestic country of birth.

I would be very, very suprised if Domestic Player Bias had anything to do with your manager nationality. Players are considered "domestic" if they are of the same nationality as the club.

For example, if you are managing an German club, then German players are "domestic" and the more German players you sign, the higher your "Domestic Player Bias" attribute will be. If you sign a lot of non-German players, your Domestic Player Bias attribute will be lower.

Domestic bias doesn't really change much if you buy english/foreign players. The best way of getting this up is by actully PLAYING english players.

if you have a first eleven of foreigns (who always play/start) and only buy domestic players watch your stat plummet.

If you have a first team of domestic and only buy foreign watch your stat rocket!

Archived