11th Season Blues

I am new to the forums so apologies if you have heard this rant about a thousand times before....

I keep meaning to make FM games last 20 or 30 seasons, but something seems to happen when I get to about the 11th season. Many of the real players have retired, and the game looks unfamiliar and strange. Lots of the made-up players have an unusually high number of "20" stats in their attributes, and the whole thing takes on a very weird aspect. Around this same sort of time everything I attempt with regard to tactics, signings etc. seems to end in disaster, and the whole game starts to look a desolate mess. I want to wipe the slate clean, start again, etc. (And who in buggery is Kevin Monet-Paquet?)

This time around, I will be looking to persist with the game regardless. Perhaps having multiple leagues is the answer.

Kevin Monet-Paquet was my main transfer target from 2012-2015 and the bain of my life whenever I played Sunderland lol

I actually find the newness refreshing and fun, it'd be really boring if it was the same players over and over and over - I have to admit it can get a lil daunting though - I took ~16 years out of club management to go international (w/ brazil and england) - I had to go back in with Torquay in the conference cos I didn't have the faintest clue who was any good... I'm still with them though and in the championship so... don't give up :)

Kevin Monet-Paquet !

Not seen him for a good few years now...but that guy was Young Player of Year, Player of the Year, Top Scorer...several years on the trot. If you got any chance of signing him then you should !

But stick with it man, I had the same thing, but you're soon up against some of those former players as managers, and the real skill in scouting out a young star player starts. It happened to me as well with the tactics, nothing works, you'll win a few and then sink and have an awful year...ive been a bit of a traveller and im on my 16th managed team and 2411th game managed :D

Archived