African international management

In previous games of FM07 and 08 I have taken the step of taking the Ivory Coast managers job. Ivory Coast as im suure you are all aware have a variety if PREM stars....and therefore the potential to win the Africans Nations and maybe even challenge in the World Cup.

BUT....this all went horribly wrong when I discovered there was not 1 goalkeeper in the Ivory Coast...this meant that no matter how many goals I scored, there was no way I could ever get a win as goals would fly in from anywhere past my defender in goal...disaster!Had to resign 2 games in :(

Many African countries suffer from this, Ghana for example. It's been like this for a few versions now.

Bloody annoying ay! They have really good outfield players but theres no chance of any success without a decent goalkeeper, let alone a dodgy one!

Many African countries suffer from this, Ghana for example. It's been like this for a few versions now.

Perhaps its a licensing issue like how you cant have the proper players in the German squad (unless you know how to fix it;)) I've also noticed that if you scout the African nations the scouts never find any players which also leads me to believe its a licensing problem. Before anyone asks I am using the 8.0.2 patch.

Archived