Windows Vista 64 Bit

Guest PW

Hi

I've tried to do a search to see if this has already been asked but couldn't find any reference to it.

I just wondered if anyone knew whether FM09 would be compatible with a Windows Vista 64 bit system?

I'm assuming as it is a new game it will be but just wondered if anyone had any idea?

Thanks

I suspect not, as most personal computers use the 32 bit system. 64 is much more often found on professional (i.e. working) computers. So I'd be very surprised if it utilised the extra power as wakers said.

I suspect not, as most personal computers use the 32 bit system. 64 is much more often found on professional (i.e. working) computers. So I'd be very surprised if it utilised the extra power as wakers said.

FM09 will be a 32-bit application as FM has always been. It will run perfectly fine on Vista 64-bit or (XP 64-bit) just as any other 32-bit application will, but there will be no performance boost or anything like that. That would only happen if SI wrote and released a 64-bit version of the game.

You will actually get a slight boost using Vista 64bit if you have over 3.25gig of ram.

32bit operating systems are limited to this amount of accessible ram. Vista 64bit isn't and can utillise ram over that (I think 16gig is the limit at the moment).

Whilst the above comments are correct in that the CPU will not be utillised better, having more ram available will be of benefit.

Walkers - Same as if it was a 32 bit version of the OS, i've tried both Vista 64 and XP 64 with 6 gig of ram (ddr2 667) and noticed no difference really.

Waddle - Depends on the 64bit OS, if you have Home Premium 64bit you cant use more than 4 GB, Home Basic 64bit its 16 GB, Business up to Ultimate is up to 128 GB.

Vista 64 can use up to 8gig but thats only the ultimate version, the othes have the same as\less as XP 64 bit and thats

I have 4gb of ram running 64bit..i wonder how many leagues I can run :D

All of them, surprisingly well. :thup: Although a decent processor, nicely striped hard drives, and a decent defrag tool like Puran or Perfectdisk also lend themselves to an enhanced FM experience.

64bit really never been the problem that certain people tried to imply, in the samne way that Vista has never been the dog that the iCabal's would have us believe. Processors are 64 bit now and there are rumours that Windows 7 will not ship in 32bit.

I might even go get another 4MB before FM09 as it's dirt cheap at the moment. :)

All of them, surprisingly well. :thup: Although a decent processor, nicely striped hard drives, and a decent defrag tool like Puran or Perfectdisk also lend themselves to an enhanced FM experience.

64bit really never been the problem that certain people tried to imply, in the samne way that Vista has never been the dog that the iCabal's would have us believe. Processors are 64 bit now and there are rumours that Windows 7 will not ship in 32bit.

I might even go get another 4MB before FM09 as it's dirt cheap at the moment. :)

i upgraded mine not last month, cost me £45 for 2x 2gb chips.

And you're spot on about Vista - like Windows XP when it was released, the only machines that encounter problems with are either a) old or b) manufactured with the lowest possible requirements to run it.

Archived