Stricks Free Flowing Football

Hey chaps,

I have shamefully relied on other peoples tactics since CM 01/02, but 2 days ago decided to make my own, giving it 1 and a half seasons of testing before deciding to upload it.

I am Arsenal (yeah I know its a lot easier with a big team) and decided to base my tactic on letting the players express themselves and play good, attacking football.

Its basically a 4-3-2-1 with a difference, 5 players are on free roles, with a strong emphasis on passing and moving which creates a lot of chances.

In my 1st season I was unbeaten in the league (29 wins 9 draws) had a goal diff of plus 78 and my season was ruined by injury and lack of stregnth in depth. However I managed to win the CL knocking out Barca and Inter convincingly in the process.

2nd season stats are encouraging, 18 games played, with an average goals for at 3.8 and goals against 0.6.

Adebayor currently has 30 goals and 11 assists in 17 games, with no player performing at less than 7.17 (Frey - GK), while Ade is averaging at 8.53.

I do not use opposition instructions as yet, but any feedback would be appreciated, as this will suit a big club but is untested with smaller teams.

I like to use 2 AM/FC for the 2 AMC positions as they link up with the strikers and contribute with assists, so creativity and decent finishing are preferable, the MLC and MRC turn into FL and FR so I tend to use Maxi Rodriguez and Rosicky or Vela for this.

Central mid should be an all rounder, ability to tackle and pass essential!

Defence is pretty basic, flat back 4 with arrows to DMC for the full backs, Clichy and Sagna or Eboue are class here.

I have implemented to some degree the corner exploit and so the DRC should be the better of the two aerially.

One last thing before wishing anyone who wants to test it luck....how do I upload my tactic lol??

PS constructive criticism welcomed as I would like to develop this further with more experienced FM'ers!!!

tactictl8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Above - Screenshot of tactic

http://files.filefront.com/Stricks+Freeflowing+Foo

Above - Tactic

what kind of striker it is needed?? a tall stirker with good heading andi jumping or a fast and creative striker?? tahnks

I think if you use a good all rounder you should have no problems, however the corner set up benefits by having a striker good at heading/jumping, just alter it to suit your team, cheers

it is better to have a deffensive midfielder (mikel, veloso...) in the CM position or a more attacking one (as defour, piatti, wesley sneijder..)?? thanks

I have used Fabregas, Denilson and Song here so I think either type of midfielder is fine.

Megafan: I dont use 'the' corner cheat but I have set up my own routine especially for Adebayor/Bendtner

I have used Fabregas, Denilson and Song here so I think either type of midfielder is fine.

Megafan: I dont use 'the' corner cheat but I have set up my own routine especially for Adebayor/Bendtner

Sorry i was just wandering cause those results are seriously impressive so i was just checking. I finally have made another successful tactic with Arsenal so im gonna continue using that but I will definatly try this tactic :)

Sorry i was just wandering cause those results are seriously impressive so i was just checking. I finally have made another successful tactic with Arsenal so im gonna continue using that but I will definatly try this tactic :)

Let me know how you get on

Guest Nizam Bashir

Hey Stricks,

Just thought it would be good to provide some feedback on the formation you came up with. At the outset, I think it must be said that FM2008 has been devilishly rather hard - even with some of the tactics uploaded from this site. Nevertheless, your tactic has been proven to be an exception to the rule as it has proven to be rock solid in most situations.

I am managing Lincoln City (after having got them promoted) and found your tactic in time for the early part of the 2018/2019 season. We won all available titles - Community Shield, Premier Division, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League. But given the squad quality, this wasn't entirely surprising. What was surprising was the amount of goals that was pouring in even against formidable teams. Of course, bear in mind that I had a beast of a striker - Giulano Palmieri (regen).

Anyway, just thought I'd share these screenies of my striker from that season:

1. Career goals

This screen shows the record of Gigi's goals throughout the career. Just would like to point out that the difference between last season (using Strick's formation) Gigi scored 95 goals from 63 appearances. (approx. 1.5 goals per game)

His second best season was in 2016/2017 with 62 goals out of 67 appearances. (approx. 0.92 goals per game).

palmieiri2018jg5.th.jpgthpix.gif

2. Striker's stats

This screen shows his stats. Just for those who are keen to know what were the striker stats that resulted in the goals pouring in for Strick's formation.

palmieri2018zh1.th.jpgthpix.gif

Highlights of the season was hitting 7 goals past Newcastle (perennial league title contenders mind you as opposed to the real life counterparts), 7 goals past Chelsea and 6 goals past Sunderland (another league contender).

Long story short - Stricks Free Flowing Football is devastating. Highly, highly recommended.

After the last 4 seasons with Everton finishing second to the arsenal with them seemingly stopping me from winning any silverwear I have decided to give this formation a try.

First game, League Cup semi second Leg against the Arsenal (who else) I was leading 3-2 from the first leg. We stuffed them 5-1!!! Well happy.

Now we just need to overturn a 12 point deficit with just 16 games to go. If we pull this one off I will be very impressed with this tactic.

Well I finished my season and I have a couple of things to report.

I won the CL and League Cup, which is obviously a good sign, however I dont think it is conclusive as I had won the CL in the previous season (the only thing I have won in 8 years at Goodison!) and the League cup was only 2 games with the formation, although I was actually 3-2 down in the semi, not 3-2 up as I stated before.

in the league we finished 2nd to the Arsenal (5th time in a row) a massive 11 points behind. We gained 1 point on them and beat them in the run-in using the new formation, again, another good point but not really conclusive.

Balotelli, my main striker finshed the season on 54 goals, which is a record for me in this save and more than I would have expected when I changed formation.

I also found that my team worked better without the arrows on the fullbacks as suggested earlier in the thread.

In summary, I am impressed, but not convinced. I am going to give it another shot next season, for the whole year. The ultimate proof will come with winning the Prem.

here we go.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have just reached a point where I can tell everyone (is anyone reading this?) my opinion of the tactic.......

Its amazing! A+ the creator of this is a genius!!!

I have just clinched the prem title after 5 years a runner up. And I still have four games to go! I am so chuffed :)

I also ended up selling Balotelli at the end of the jan window for 70mil to the Arsenal, At the time he was on 52 goals! after just over half a season. I am hoping he replacement, a regen called Renan, will be able to break the 100 goals mark with this formation. He has the potential!

Strick, thank you for creating this formation for the world!

some initial feedback after using this also with arsenal... amazing at the start, conceding hardly any and scoring a lot. but away from home it is inconsistent, needs tweaking to score goals, too many 0-0s for me so far.

on top of that i have frey in goal who conceded 6 goals in 20 appearances (17 clean sheets). then he breaks a finger so i replace him with almunia who has now conceded 11 goals in 3 games so far wrecking my defence and pushing me down to third in the league:(

whats worse is frey's injury says he'll be back in 3 weeks... but its been saying that every week... he got injured 4 weeks ago now!

just finished first season with this tactic... won everything, but then arsenal tend to. what blew me more was the scale of goalscoring. never before have i used a tactic that scores so many but also is quite good defensively.

check out adebayor!

emmanueladebayorprofileyh7.png

w320.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys not been on the forums recently but just read some of the feedback and its great to see! I would encourage people to try this, give detailed feedback as per the above and also suggest tweaking as it seems there is a lot of success to be had!

Cheers for trying chaps really appreciate it :)

Archived