"I couldnt be worse than Ashley and Wise"

I was partaking in the rapidly growing act of "squat and surf" earlier today (I let those who dont know what that means live in wonder) and I strange thought popped in my head that didnt really make any sense at the time got me thinking. It went along the lines of "Imagine if Rafa Benitez was managing my Liverpool side" which was corrected by my underworked brain with a quick retort that went along the lines of "youre managing HIS team you dolt, you just brought in new players - now flick over to redtube"

....Some time later I flicked back onto this idea, bringing in players and building teams is my favourite aspect of the game and I quite often crack when my hard worked tactics get sussed out by some Steve McLarenesque plank who plays a 10 man defence and hits me with the old 1 shot 1 goal, causing me to take it out on anyone who ventures into what has affectionately been dubbed "the kill zone"- I still miss granny burjennio but she shoulda just admitted that that was never a penalty shouldnt she.

Anywhoo, after reading a thread that mentioned the "be the chairman" feature on FM08 (I dont know what that is so please feel free to fill me in) I thought how about being something like the chairman or the technical director? It gives you the fun of studying the new players and overseeing the influx of talent coming in, but also picking out coaches and the manager to drive your team to success. Personally, i think that on the new 3d engine it would make watching every match more realistic than ever before and therefore more enjoyable in a none influencial role, It gives me goosebumps to think that you could bring in a world class manager only to hand him his P45 when he loses the local derby in front of your own beleaguered fans -making you even more of a legend after you poach Jose Mourinho and win the Champions League with Halifax Town

The success in the game would not just be based on your results but on how you keep the fans happy, the finances in check and working deals with the sponsers, tv companies etc. You could even choose how filthy rich you actually are (think Man City) and take over Newcastle or Liverpool- where the arrival of new a new chairman would be on a par with the second coming of Christ, or a new series of the A-Team

It gives you the fun of studying the new players and overseeing the influx of talent coming in, but also picking out coaches and the manager to drive your team to success. Personally, i think that on the new 3d engine it would make watching every match more realistic than ever before and therefore more enjoyable in a none influencial role, It gives me goosebumps to think that you could bring in a world class manager only to hand him his P45 when he loses the local derby in front of your own beleaguered fans -making you even more of a legend after you poach Jose Mourinho and win the Champions League with Halifax Town

The success in the game would not just be based on your results but on how you keep the fans happy, the finances in check and working deals with the sponsers, tv companies etc. You could even choose how filthy rich you actually are (think Man City) and take over Newcastle or Liverpool- where the arrival of new a new chairman would be on a par with the second coming of Christ, or a new series of the A-Team

So you get to do everything you do now, except manage the team, and replace that with simply being able to sack the manager and negotiate deals with sponsors? Excitement galore!

can someone please explain the chairman feature on fm 08 i've never seen it

Sorry if this is a double post, I'm having internet issues.

The "make me chairman" feature just lets you add a chairman to take over a club in the future, you don't control them, just name them (like creating a player in the editor).

Chairman mode would be boring with very little to do.

PaulC has ruled out a chairman game.

Cookie to the first blank person to say the term 'football chairman'.

Expect childish remarks with somebody repeating something that other people have said several times in the same thread.

Edit: I just remembered, I saw this in GamesMaster magazine earlier today, made me think of this forum.

http://www.footballdirector.com/

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PChx88tuabhwpmuhaf/

Also that game, not sure how good it is.

Cookie to the first blank person to say the term 'football chairman'.

Expect childish remarks with somebody repeating something that other people have said several times in the same thread.

Edit: I just remembered, I saw this in GamesMaster magazine earlier today, made me think of this forum.

http://www.footballdirector.com/

Can i have a cookie please :)

This is a rubbish idea and copied from the Fifa Manager series. In FM your meant to be a manager and not a Director of Football or chairman. That's why the game's called Football Manager not Football Director or Chairman

it isnt copied from anything son I aint ever played Fifa manager, keerist the last fifa game i played was 99!

Archived