LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

- I'm late! I'm so very, very late!- said Frank Llama getting into the Hut.

- I'm late! I'm so very, very late! - repeated the Hut to which the Llama had entered.

- I'm late! I'm so very, very late! - said a voice.

... We have a Llama and a hut... Is there anyone else who can say anything?

- He's late! He's so very, very late! - said the Matrix.

Wonderful! Now we have a black leather clothed Llama, who has gone into a Hut in a virtual reality universe...

- Chop off their heads! - said a she-llama with her fur powdered who was standing below a banner with the following message:

Queen Cindy's Contest: Iberic Llama Clan Online Game

- Chop off their heads!

- No, my Queen - said the black leathered clad Llama who had just arrived running.- First they'll have to be given a team to manage!!! If they still deserve it after some time or if they are found guilty of breaking any of your Majesty's rules in trying to stay afloat sure we will, my dearest Cindy...- making the error of pausing his speech to recover his breath.

- And to the winner: Chop his head off!

- Yes, my queen. To the winner, chop his head we will...

Standing still in front of Frank, the black leather-clad Llama, and Cindy, the homicidal Llama Queen, were eight young Llama's awaiting the decision that would put them in charge of a new adventure in an unknown land... Should Cindy and Frank be kind, they would all survive their adventure, but who knows what the future will bring?

Standing still in front of Frank, the black leathered clad Llama, and Cindy, the homicide Llama Queen, were eight young Llama's awaiting the decision that would put them in charge of a new adventure in an unknown land... Might Cindy and Frank be kind they would all survive their adventure, but who knows what the future will bring?

- ¡Chop off their...! Oops, I got carried away.- muttered Frank while facing the eight unknown baby Llamas.- You all are going to the deep hell of Portuguese 2nd Division B group South...

- jcb23... I put you in charge of..... Sinistrense

- Giziar...I put you in charge of..... Santo Antonio

- Mooski...I put you in charge of..... Odirelas

- bigpants...I put you in charge of..... Estrelha V.N.

- adax...I put you in charge of..... Camacha

- seamus redux... I put you in charge of..... Louietano

- Kfoolmoon...I put you in charge of..... Olhanense

- UELLfan...I put you in charge of..... Mafra

-Dismissed!!!!

PS: Good luck to everyone involved. icon_biggrin.gif Remember we meet in IRC on Sunday at 20:00 GMT (UK time), be sure to get there at time or say word if you won't get there...

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- I'm late! I'm so very, very late!- said Frank Llama getting into the Hut.

- I'm late! I'm so very, very late! - repeated the Hut to which the Llama had entered.

- I'm late! I'm so very, very late! - said a voice.

... We have a Llama and a hut... Is there anyone else who can say anything?

- He's late! He's so very, very late! - said the Matrix.

Wonderful! Now we have a black leather clothed Llama, who has gone into a Hut in a virtual reality universe...

- Chop off their heads! - said a she-llama with her fur powdered who was standing below a banner with the following message:

Queen Cindy's Contest: Iberic Llama Clan Online Game

- Chop off their heads!

- No, my Queen - said the black leathered clad Llama who had just arrived running.- First they'll have to be given a team to manage!!! If they still deserve it after some time or if they are found guilty of breaking any of your Majesty's rules in trying to stay afloat sure we will, my dearest Cindy...- making the error of pausing his speech to recover his breath.

- And to the winner: Chop his head off!

- Yes, my queen. To the winner, chop his head we will...

Standing still in front of Frank, the black leather-clad Llama, and Cindy, the homicidal Llama Queen, were eight young Llama's awaiting the decision that would put them in charge of a new adventure in an unknown land... Should Cindy and Frank be kind, they would all survive their adventure, but who knows what the future will bring?

Standing still in front of Frank, the black leathered clad Llama, and Cindy, the homicide Llama Queen, were eight young Llama's awaiting the decision that would put them in charge of a new adventure in an unknown land... Might Cindy and Frank be kind they would all survive their adventure, but who knows what the future will bring?

- ¡Chop off their...! Oops, I got carried away.- muttered Frank while facing the eight unknown baby Llamas.- You all are going to the deep hell of Portuguese 2nd Division B group South...

- jcb23... I put you in charge of..... Sinistrense

- Giziar...I put you in charge of..... Santo Antonio

- Mooski...I put you in charge of..... Odirelas

- bigpants...I put you in charge of..... Estrelha V.N.

- adax...I put you in charge of..... Camacha

- seamus redux... I put you in charge of..... Louietano

- Kfoolmoon...I put you in charge of..... Olhanense

- UELLfan...I put you in charge of..... Mafra

-Dismissed!!!!

PS: Good luck to everyone involved. icon_biggrin.gif Remember we meet in IRC on Sunday at 20:00 GMT (UK time), be sure to get there at time or say word if you won't get there...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giziar:

Santo Antonio?

Does that mean I'm getting help from above?

I think I'll need that. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that in Texas? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig0:

I don't think I have ever seena post like that before. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will literary posting also get banned as sonnets were? icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

(PS: don't know how I made it but the 'Standing still in front of Frank...' paragraph has selfreplicated itself icon_confused.gif )

sorry guy's I posted on the other thread, I'll have to quit before even starting, I'm not sure I can be around enough. bit of a pis*er but hopefully i'll get things sorted after the new baby, and when the british aussie rules season finnishes. hope all goes well

ps iv'e got a tenner on redux, to steal top spot icon_wink.gif don't let me down.

look forward to reading the updates, with a heavy heart icon_smile.gificon_frown.gif

Hello to FMO from a newly-founded LLM clan. icon_smile.gif

The game should start on Sunday, 2nd May, 2004. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that we can solve our problems with hosting. icon_frown.gif

Some rules should be set up:

Iberian LLM Clan Rules

1) This online game is to be played in the Spirit and Ethics of LLM. This will be the Rules and Guidelines as advertised in the Forum Header of the LLM Forum. In addition SWYCT and SYB will be adhered to (on a serious note, though, keep it realistic).

2) The game will be two Nations, Portugal and Spain, Large database and v4.1.5.

3) Players' real names will be used in the game, and no passwords will be used.

4) Nationalities should be set to Portuguese so no advantage will be gained. Players with a lower reputation Nation may use their own Nationality at their own risk.

5) The session will definitely be held on Sunday nights at around 8pm (UK Time). A second session will take place on Wednesday nights (roughly the same time) but a few members won’t be able to make it. They will be put on holiday, but they can join if time allows.

6) Any player within the scouting area may be loaned if he wishes to come on loan to an LL Team. The two Divisions above "rule" will be relaxed for this game.

7) There will be a quorum of 4 players (out of the original 7) before a session can begin.

8) Players unable to attend should inform the host or another player who can contact the host at least 1 hour prior to "kick-off" time. In the event of a Player being unable to attend a session he'll be put "On Holiday" for the

session in accordance with Rule 7). Players may join in the session at any time in the event of missing the start.

9) Games will be played on the "fast" setting, replays off and 2D key highlights only.

10) All communication during the sessions will be made using the dedicated mIRC channel.

11) Extensions to sessions may be discussed on each night and extension agreements must be unanimous, meaning that all players must be able to attend.

12) To begin with a maximum of 2 Scouts per Team will be allowed. This is because scouting reportedly slows up the game considerably, but as it's an integral part of LLM it's important that we get the scouting balance right.

13) In the event of sackings or relegation players may wait for an approach from another Club or apply for vacant jobs in the same or lower divisions. Failing that, after a 1 month wait, the bottom AI managed team of the

Portuguese 2nd division B may be taken over.

14) No International jobs may be applied for or accepted.

15) All job offers from Clubs may be considered, regardless of division. However, it would be good if all players could stay as “near†(division-wise) as possible.

16) After the first season is over, there will have to be a conversation between the players regarding the clan’s future. It should also be decided whether the number of players could/should be expanded.

17) The Official LLM Clan thread will be posted in CMO and a short update will be posted after each session. Players will be encouraged to become involved in the CMO thread.

On a final note, thanks to iajafer for letting me borrow his ideas and set

these rules up.

This has originally been posted at LLM, but i feel it's very helpful and contains important information. Thanks Humph3.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Humph3:

I was thinking that it might be worth those of us in the 'A' game (or even the zealout game), putting down some notes on what it's like, and how it works, so you know what you're potentially joining.

So here's a few random thoughts, perhaps others can add:

1. Don't play if you need a fast game. Pre-season, in particular is very slow, the game constantly stops as there are a lot of decisions that require manager responses at that time of a year. Now the 'A' clan are experienced, we will normally get through 6/7 games in a three hour session. We completed our first season in Scotland in 8 sessions. However, the fun is to be had sitting in IRC taking the **** out of each other.

2. To help speed up, we turned on the auto-continue to 5 seconds, which has improved our speed tremendously. This means that if a manager doen't do anything within 5 seconds of the game coming back, the continue button will be pressed for them. This is helpful if say, one of your clan is blissfully playing his guitar, and is not concentrating on the game. (Don't know what made me think of that example, IAN)

3. Just because you've hit continue doesn't mean that you can't do stuff. If you're waiting for someone, you can do all the normal stuff, though the game will continue once that manager has hit continue. So probably not worth doing something too complex (eg tactics) as you'll inevitably find the game will move on just as you're near the end, and you will lose all your work.

4. The host should have broadband. Hosting is annoying as you'll find that when playing matches, they will continually freeze as your computer is serving the others. I've seen a lot of people posting their computer specs. To be honest, it doesn't really matter that much, as the limiting factor is the speed of the managers, not of the computer. The 'A' clan is going along quite happily on my AMD 1.4ghz.

5. Narrowband users can be accomadated, though I think the consensus on FMO is that more than 1 per clan slows things down (correct me if wrong, Ian). When I initially joined, I was on narrowband, and it worked suprisingly well. It is a lot better now that I'm on broadband.

6. If others have midweek games that you don't, use that time to your advantage. Don't hold up the game, then sit twiddling your thumbs when you're waiting for others to complete their games.

7. When others have games and you don't, or if you have completed yours first, you can go and view the other managers games. However, we had a few crashes early on as the game couldn't cope with us all watching different matches, so we have stayed out (has anyone used this feature lately in the 'A' game?)

8. Crashes do happen. It's probably best to put the game on weekly auto-saves, and also to do a manual save after every game played. Also, have a good backup system. We lost half a season's work in the initial game as the save file bacame corrupted icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

That's all I can think of for now...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

/me is preparing for the first evening

bottle of wine is open so if (when?) my results are dissapointing I can atleast blame the wine :D

edit: for some reason the smilie ":D " isnt working. Or have I drunk too much (spanish since I dont have portuguese) wine already?

OK, so the first time we started the game, I forgot to save after creating it, and then after I was beaten in the first round of the Llama Cup, the PC froze. I dunno what happened, it was a coincidence. Probably. icon_wink.gif

But anyway, we got going again and although there was another freeze and it was all a bit stop-start, we got into the swing of it all. I wouldn't have chosen to host, really, because I don't think the PC is as good as others, but I'm glad to host and hopefully it will be a success. Anyway...

The AssMan took control of the first friendly against a non-league team and fought out a 3-3 draw, pushing me more towards getting some defenders in. (For the record, I'm still looking.!)

Then onto Mafra with UELLFan at the helm and a very lucky 2-1 win after the silver goal. His AssMan was unlucky, it has to be said. THe second round gave me the chance to play Sinstrense and jcb. Another fortunate victory meant I would play Seamus in the Llama final.

He won 1-0. Deserved win for him and to be honest, I can't see a great deal to shout about my team at the moment. Yes, they've won twice, but both were fortunate and there's a lot of player-bonfires to be sorted before I can say that I'll be happy with the team.

But no matter, we shall try again later in the week, hopefully.

icon14.gif

Olhanense First session \o/

A crash before we remembered to save meant that i lost the training regimes i had made, plus an extra scout i had signed. I assigned my assistant to do the training, but if we have time i might give it another go. It seems my club is rather a big one, as it owns a 20k capacity stadium. Ground maintenance will soon drive me bankrupt. The squad is huge and rather crappy.

We cancelled all friendlies and scheduled a LlaMa Cup. I faced Camacha (Adax) at home in the first round. My boys did fine and won 2-0, although they were put under pressure in the second half.

Moving on to the next round meant i was to face Louletano (seamus) away. No matter what i tried, we only created two chances, and very few players finished with a rating above 5. Surprisingly, we only lost 1-0. I need a DC.

The third friendly of the session was against jcb's Sinstrense. Jcb had left his assistant on charge, and my side took full adavantage winning 1-0. Overall, rather unimpressive performances.

Odivelas (mooski) hosted Louletano in the Cup final, but the visitors won on the silver goal rule.

Next session should be on Wednesday, and we're all looking forward to it.

Interesting stuff. Sinstrense are likely to need our Ass Man a lot (midweek sessions during work hours in NJ are beyond my control), and on the evidence of this showing we're in trouble.

Since I had a friendly on game day 1, my ass man was in charge to speed things up, but I unfortunately forgot to revert to me for the real stuff. With the first round bye in the llama shield, I only got to play one game all session (in part due to the crash we experienced) and wasn't actually in charge. D'oh! A very dull game with Mooski's lot was settled by a penalty in the last 10 mins (with an extra goal tacked on at the death). I was then called away by family stuff and am informed my ass man did not cover himself in glory in our second friendly either. I'm looking forward to actually taking charge for a game icon_biggrin.gif

Mafra

Several disconnections (probably due to my new antivirus trying to protect too much my PC) meant that my unmanaged side was left at it's mercy during matches.

However, from what I gathered later from match reports and comments from opponents on chat, we didn't look as bad as expected for being one of the most probable relegation challengers.

We scored at all matches played, even if we also conceeded too much, so some measures will have to be taken regarding our defense.

Well, it's a lively bunch this clan. And an interesting mish-mash of locations (Greece, Sweden, UK, Netherlands?, Spain, and two of us stateside-- NJ \o/).

Louletano

This is the largest squad I've ever seen, and I don't like it. Some 30+ in the first team alone and another 20 in the U-19s. (No reserves in Portugal icon_frown.gif). Strangely, we're well under wage budget, and have 30k in tranfers funds. Put that to use straight away signing a 34 year-old defender and a striker on a free--I lost my first choice for two months with a groin strain in the first friendly. I've released a few players and am setting out to offer others for transfer.

Not much else to report. We cruised through the LLaMa Shield and have won our first trophy as a result! \o/ While our finishing needs some work we were never that troubled and didn't conceded a goal in the three matches. Winning 2 - 0 over Giziar, 1 - 0 over the Fool, and 1 - 0 in ET over Mooski.

Sadly I'll miss the season opener on Wednesday.

icon_smile.gif

Santo Antonio

Club is really looking like a challenge, looking at the odds for the forthcoming games I'm likely to loose most of them. Squad is relativly small, no U-19 available and yes I'm above my wage budget.

First game was the first round of the Llama Cup. What to say more then Cups Suck arse (icon_mad.gif) Lost 2-0 against Seamus'Lauletano. That gave room for a friendly against a non-league club which we manage to loose also. Final game of the evening was the heavily needed moral booster (2-1 icon_eek.gif) against Jordy's Mafra.

And yup Seamus I'm a true Dutchie icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by iajafer on 04 May 2004 at 12:55.]

It's Jordi, Giziar...

And I think things will be different in the first league match (that's if I can manage to manage my team). icon_razz.gif

About the layout: Perhaps you have smilies and code disabled???

I supose we'll be starting at 20:00 BST ... but I'n not sure... it all depends on Mooski's availability... Perhaps it'll be later.

Join msn later, I think kostis sealed the deal with our host, he might know the starting hour.

What I'll do is be online from around 7:15pm BST tomorrow, as I possibly have to go out (as discussed) between 7:30 and 8:00, but I'll leave the PC on so all can log on ready. I may have to be unavailable for an hour through the course of the game, so I'll just be on holiday for that. Would that be OK with everyone?

Odivelas

Great session tonight guys, thoroughly enjoyed it. Anyway, a brief run down of my night.

League unless stated.

17-8-03 (H) Olhanense Friendly

1-0 down at half time and my team aren't the greatest. It didn't look like a penalty, obviously, but nevertheless, it was put past my fat keeper. My penalty wasn't a penalty either. The ref must have had a couple of cheques. Good stuff. icon_biggrin.gif But the 2nd goal for the away side was one of those "Goalie having a lie down" moments, the third though was a belter. I was given a thoroughly deserved humping.

24-8-03 (A) Maritimo B

I feared the worst after conceding an early goal,my keeper making a tit of himself, but our strikers scored one each, to give us the lead at half time. We came under pressure during the second half but the post saved us as did some great defending on another occasion. We won our first game 2-1. icon_biggrin.gif

27-8-03 (A) Barreirense

Humped 4-0 and no sniff of a goal. Roll on april. icon13.gif

31-8-03 (H) Comacha

The third league game and the third where I've conceded a penalty. They missed it, but that's not the point. Again, we weren't great, but our half time subs made a difference. Maybe they sould start. It finished 1-1.

14-9-03 (H) Oriental

A couple of changes before the start of the game and a kick up the arse for the ones carried over. icon_wink.gif We started brightly, no really we did and scored after 7 minutes. We never looked to be in any real trouble but conceded a late goal after 75 minutes and we couldn't get any further chances after two injuries without any subs left. Ha!

17-9-03 (A) Sinstrense

It was going well, then not so well, JCB's star striker doing the business and crapping all over my defence, but I managed to make an "inspired" substitution and scrape yet another draw. 2-2 in the end.

21-9-03 (H) Marialvas Cup 2nd Rd

A convincing win against the visitors, my right winger now scoring two in two games. The team seem to be playing ok at the moment. What's going on? icon_biggrin.gif

OK there you go, we reconvene on Sunday, hopefully.

icon14.gif

A great session tonight. icon_smile.gif Had time to re-fix training, scouting and tactics, and the banter was great fun.

Olhanense Second session:

First came a friendly against Mooski's Odivelas. We were tied 1-1, when one of my players crossed the ball from midfield and scored icon_redface.gif. Sorry mooks. We won 3-1.

On with the regular season then. We had a good 2-0 away win against some AI team, and then paid a visit to adax's Camacha. A deflected free-kick in the 90th minute gave me my second win. Tough luck for adam, he deserved at least a draw.

Our best match of this session was against Maritimo B. We were losing 1-0, but one of my strikers scored 4 in 8 minutes icon_redface.gif. Final score of 5-3, with the striker getting all five goals and missing a penalty as well.

A big clash in the next game, hosting jcb's Sintrense. We scored after 40 seconds, only to have jcb's superstriker equalise just before half time. A late second half goal by a sub gave us all 3 points. Good fight for jcb's side, but they're quite low in the table.

We then visited Moscavide or something, and got our first thrashing of the season. Team was rather tired and i used some subs which didn't work quite as i would have liked. 4-0.

Next ficture was a cup game at some central division team. I fielded a reserve team, as our next league fixture is against seamus' Louletano icon_smile.gif. Typically, we lost 1-0 from a 10 men opposition icon_mad.gif

Seamus is setting the league alight, having won all 4 of his games without conceding a single goal. He also won in his cup fixture, but leaked a goal icon_redface.gif

Adam, your team has won 3 and drawn 1 against Mooski. Quite highly placed in the league.

Jordi, Mafra won 2 games on the trot and then got smashed 5-0 by Pontassolense. Your assistant took his revenge in the cup game against the same opposition, beating them 3-0 icon14.gif

Seamus, myself and an AI team all have 12 points, but Louletano have a game in hand and look unbeatable.

Archived