LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Machio

Due to the (mis)management of my ass.man on the last part of Sunday's session the team wasnt anywhere near fit. That showed.

First games of the season and its looking like a re-run of last season with Santo Antonio. First game lost 1-4, second game even 0-7!. (btw: never trust a Portuguese bookie, we were tipped as favorite for that match icon_smile.gif). Maritimo B was the next opponent and things went well till the 85th minute or so, the 1-1 was transformed into a heavy 1-3 defeat.

Last game of the session against fool's Olhanense (who played in their history 15 seasons in the Portuguese Superleague btw). We scored quite early and the game ended 1-0 in our favour. Not even underserved I must say. So now onwards and upwards I hope icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

Are you having trouble with the nef-gangled board, Humph? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Odivelas

------------------

22-9-04 (A) Camacha

a nice 3-1 win away from home and our firat half performance warranted it. The second half was pretty much all them, but we defended valiantly to hold on.

26-9-04 (H) Marinhense Cup Round 2

beaten 2-1 aet, which wasn’t ideal, but at least we can ignore the cup for another year.

29-9-04 (H) Juventude de Evora

a 1-0 defeat despite being all over them in the first half. Our domination wasn’t as strong in the second half, but we deserved something out of the game.

3-10-04 (A) Sacavanense

a superb game for the neutral. We went 2-0 down early on but managed to fight back. Then went 3-2 down immediately after equalising, then pulled it back again, only to be foiled by a goalkeeping error. Bah! It ended 4-3 to the home side

10-10-04 (H) Pinhalnovemse

We never looked to be in any trouble from the off and indeed we weren’t. We humped them 3-0 and that was it. My front two are scoring a few goals at the moment, so I’m quite pleased with that.

13-10-04 (H) Atletico

I blame the restart, I was 1-0 up before the crash, but then in the “replay†I was humped 6-3. The stitches are sore. icon_biggrin.gif

24-10-04 (A) Casa Pia

Hmmm… another defeat, this time 4-2 and we seem to be scoring goals, but defensively, we’re wanting a little. Well a lot, really. I’d like to give this tactic a couple of more games, as it seemed to work for a while.

31-10-04 (H) Sporting B

a 4-0 win? Against Sporting B? Are you sure? With all four coming from your main SC? Surely not? Etc, etc…. Go on then, explain that one? :/

3-11-04 (A) Imortal

a 7-1 defeat without a player sent off. Is something wrong, you ask? Well, I just think there might be. icon_biggrin.gif Oh aye, that's right, I refused their job offer.

7-11-04 (H) Portimonense

I give up. A 5-1 win and the team was the same. My SC has now scored 18 in 12 games so far this season., but the rest of the team is …. Well, carp.

14-11-04 (A) Machico

An unexpected 6-3 win. Yes that’s right 6-3 and yet again we were Keegan-esque in our attacking play and well… Keegan-esque in our defensive play, Ho hum.

21-11-04 (H) Estrela VN

A 2-2 draw against the league leaders cant be a bad result at all. So that’s how I’m looking at it. After the performance though, I was a little disappointed as I thought we were the better side, but whatever. icon14.gif

-----------------

And that's it, for now. More on Wednesday.

News from Sintrense

A long report for a long session. I've noticed my reports are either minimalist (when I didn't keep notes) or epic (when I keep notes). Today I kept notes icon_biggrin.gif

I missed the last session. My AssMan got us off to a great start to the season:

Imortal (H) W 2-0

Casa Pia (H) W 2-1

Sporting B (A) W 2-1

Portimonense (A) L 0-1

These results were good enough for 3rd \o/ icon_biggrin.gif

Start of today's session:

Machico (Giziar) (H)

Our on loan MR opens the scoring in the first half, heading home a nice cross from my young SC. Our new FL, picked up as makeweight when I offloaded a DC in the offseason, adds a second (his 4th of the season). Machico hit back from a free-kick, before a marginally offside goal from FL wraps it up in injury time. (By marginal I mean about 10 yards).

A deserved 3-1 win takes us top icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif

Cup match next. Ribeirao (A)

A couple of U-19s make appearances replacing regulars who are less than 100%. Loan winger opens up the scoring early on. The first half is dominated by us with no further scoring. We don't look as fluent second half, but there are few alarms as we ease through. The youngsters acquit themselves well. 1-0 win.

Estrela V.N. (A)

We get the run around early, fortunately the opposition fail to capitalize. ML off injured 30 mins, yougster who deputized in cup comes on. Goalless at ht. Eventually Estrela manage a decent shot, and we're 0-1 down with 13 minutes to play. We play more aggressively and an 89th minute equalizer arrives that we barely deserve. They'll feel we mugged them, but we lose top spot. A useful away point. 1-1

Maritimo B (H)

3rd vs 2nd. We're going to get stuffed, I think going in. We're 0-1 down in seconds after the GK goes walkabout (my second keeper,as #1 is out for a week injured). We equalize after 16 mins, with a long range effort from MC. We're playing like kids, all chasing the ball and not holding positions. Maritimo pass through us just before ht for a 2-1 lead at the break. Some good play after the break sees a second equalizer however, young SC setting up FL for his 5th of the season. Heading for an honourable draw, when young SC capitalizes on an injury time breakaway to score the winner! 3-2 Sintrense.

Cup 3rd round: Ac. Viseu (H)

Not sure how to approach the game, I stick with the same theory as last time. First team plays where fit. Super SC back from his broken leg and makes the bench. A quiet first half explodes with a superb double save from the visitor's GK late on. unfortunately the game returns to drabness after the break. Extra time is inevitable. We go down to 10 men 6 minutes into the second period as we have an injury after using all our subs. We immediately hit the post. icon_rolleyes.gif We concede a goal from a corner with the last kick of the match to avoid penalties though icon14.gif

Olhanense (Kfoolmoon) (H)

Injuries sustained in the marathon cup match leave us weakened for the visit of Kostis' team. We have a game crash about 30 min into an even match. We lose our FL injured 8 minutes into the rematch, and proceed to play badly. A disallowed goal for Kostis is followed immediately by a goal for us. 1-0 ht. We start the second half on fire and Kostis' GK makes two fabulous saves in the opening two minutes, before we get a second via my DC from a corner. The rest of the game is fairly uneventful. A 2-0 win, just about deserved for the blitz after half time where we could have scored 3. Hanging on to top spot.

Amora (A)

Three bookings in the first couple of minutes leave me apprehensive. Young SC opens the scoring after 8 mins, but a two goal burst from Amora on 23 and 25 mins leaves us trailing. A third is conceded just before the break. I'm less than pleased with our comedy defending. A missed offside contributes to the loss of a fourth goal as we push to get back into the game. On 68 minutes, returning "super" SC reduces the arrears to 2-4, but we are unable to avoid the loss.

I have to leave the Ass Man in charge to play Dale's Atletico. Ass Man loses 0-3 and has two men sent off.

He also loses the next game 2-3, away at Barreirense with another red card. A bright spot is the two-goal performance of our winger recently promoted via the academy. He later gets 1st and 2nd spot in goal of the month for his goals. Will need to ease him into things though.

Back in charge for Desp. Beja (H)

Cyber-Humph's team are the visitors as we look to reverse our current bad form. Super SC gets us off to a good start scoring after 2 mins. Young SC then missed a penalty, but was fouled getting the rebound, winning a second penalty, which was scored by my MC. Slack defending allows a goal to Beja just before the break. We do not score another until just before the end when super SC gets a second to underline our superiority (we won on shots by 20-3). A deserved 3-1 win. The bad run of form dropped us to 6th, but we've steadied it a bit with this. We're 2 points off the top in 4th now.

O. Moscavide (A)

Away at a team above us. What do I expect? Bad loss. I'm afraid. Sadly I was right.

Down 0-1 after 7 mins, a pen given away for handball by loan AMR. It gets worse icon_frown.gif 0-2 (18 min). 1-2 super SC gives us false hope, (40 min). 1-3 (68 min). 1-4 (77 min) we're pushing up, so get hit on the break. Finally, a wonderstrike at the death makes it 1-5 icon_frown.gif

We're now 7th. Dale has leapfrogged us on GD.

Midfield is not strong enough right now. Too many injuries and suspensions. I raid Seamus' Louletano to sign a MC who will join in January. I fear we may not have a shot at promotion by then though icon_frown.gif

U. Coimbra (H)

Frankly, we need a win. Our form has been too patchy since my mid session break. This lot just beat Kfoolmoon 3-2 in a tense game, so I don't know what to expect. I can field a much more like full strength team for a change, but it doesn't seem to help as we concede from a free kick 11 mins in. Loss of a MC to a red card after 40 minutes doesn't encourage me much either. Defeat is confirmed by a deflected freekick after 72 mins.

Camacha (A)

Another red card. Super SC is booked twice in the 7th minute. Dreadful finishing by the home side keeps us in it for the first half. Our resistance is broken 2 minuts into the second half. We switch to an attacking formation and go for an equalizer, but we concede a second in the 83rd minute.

A good session (13 games) that started well, but dropped off badly when we had some trouble with injuries and suspensions. The lack of transfer funds has crippled any hopes of promotion this year. Fortunately we have strengthened with some free transfers, but I don't think it will be enough.

We went through something like 15 games tonight icon_eek.gif. Great fun.

Olhanense

Things on the field weren't funny though. They were hilarious.

Estrella V.N at home: 1-0 win against the league leaders. Nice one, you say. An 8 for their keeper, i say.

Cup match against non-league Serzedelo: Fielded a "mild" team, run away 3-1 winners. Nice one indeed.

Maritimo B away: i wasn't there for that match and my assistant lost 2-0. The idiot hasn't even scored a goal while in charge.

Amora at home: we go 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go, so i say: "why not rest the lads?". GRAVE mistake. 2 corner kicks, 2 goals for Amora. Plus a 9 for their keeper. Anyone noticing a pattern yet?

Naval of second division at home; cup game; mild team fielded; well, well, well. A 4-1 win, we're through to the 4rth round.

Then away to Sintrense. Take one: game crashes at the moment jcb's guys are taking control. Phew. Take two: We score a goal from a corner, but it's overruled. Then jcb wins a corner, they score, it counts. Then he wins another corner. They score, it counts, they win 2-0, their keeper gets an 8. icon_mad.gif

Dale's Atletico, away: they go 2-0 up by half time, one coming from a corner. Naturally. We managed to draw at 2-2, which was a satisfying result. One good half for each of us, a good game all in all.

Barreirense at home: my first home defeat. Their only shot on target is a goal. My seven end up on their keeper. An 8 for him. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Away at Humph's more than desperate Desp. Beja: a 5-0 win for us. Humph wasn't there for that match. Many shots, many goals, but only against the bottom team of the league.

Moscavide at home: they're a good side, so i hoped to avoid a humping. we go 1-0 up early, and hold out until the 83rd minute. They score, game over. Their keeper...*sigh*. We're now in the relegation zone.

Away at Coimbra: a game that several clan members watched. We score a beautiful team effort to equalise a 50-yard "cross". Corner for them: goal. 3-2 loss. Guys said it was unfair. Story of my life in Portugal.

At home to Camacha: right after Adam left them, they manage to get something out of a game against me. We dominated the first half but only scored once. Then they monopolise the play in the second half and equalise. 1-1 final score.

Cup match: Superleague Penafiel at our place, infront of a 10k crowd. They score on their only shot on goal. They win. Their keeper... Anyway... Key striker out for 2 months, winger argues a yellow and gets a red. Cups suck major arse icon_mad.gif

Finally, an away win: Against 6th Juventude de Evora no less. A hat-trick by the loanee FLC, a deserved 3-2 win, but we're in big trouble, just one point safe.

We 're far better than our league position shows, because we do create chances and are decent in defence. It's just that luck isn't on our side. I hope this will change, it's not too late yet.

Machico

Summary of the evening: Cups suck arse and so does the league icon_mad.gif

Played a lot of games and managed to loose most of them. However managed to win the 2nd round of the cup. Too bad that cups suck arse, I needed extra time for it (against a non-league club) and that I got humped in the 3rd round of the cup with 0-4.

I definatly need to work on my tactic; only managed to concede 2 or less in 3 out of 12 games (2 draws and 1 loss); the above mentioned cup game I still managed to concede 4 however I scored 5 then (might be a clubrecord)

Brightside: I'm slowly making a bit of money and working the finances up a bit in direction of having nothing instead of having debts. To be honest in this pace it might take a few years and I expect to be relegated/sacked before that icon_smile.gif

Sacking might give me a chance to visit the beaches of Madeira more icon_cool.gif

Desportivo de Beja

Things are pretty grim. Rock bottom, with injuries and suspensions amounting. In fact, for some fo the games, I had only 12 fit and available players (including 2 goalies). Team selection is therefore a doddle. In fact, I left it to the Ass man for the last couple of hours. I'd be suprised if he managed any better, relegation is a cast iron certainty.

The one highlight was a 1-1 draw with Giziar's Macchio. We scored first and only a late equaliser prevented us recording our first win.

When I left the session, we had a record of no wins, 1 draw, 6 defeats. We'd shipped in 17 and only scored twice! icon_eek.gif

In the cup, we did actually manage to beat non-league opposition 1-0 at home. In the thrid round we crashed out at 5-0 at Sanjoannse (D2C).

It's lonely in the second league, but Louletano are still doing well. Some new signings proving fruitful (though if I remember I lost one of my new SC's to a long injury at the end of the session).

We had a few 5 - 0 victories, a cup loss to non-league opposition, a draw and some more wins. We're sitting second at the moment, but not too far off the drop zone, if you can believe that.

I'm praying for the AssMan to work some magic on Wednesday as I won't be around. And I'm looking to make some new signings soon after selling lots of players recently.

Atletico

After a slow start we continously improved our form and slowly but steadily climbed the table. Out of the cup early, but we're somewhere around 5th now in the league I think with only one point off the league leaders, so it's a pretty good fight up there for the promotion spot. The way things are going recently we should be a contender, but who knows, another slump like the one at the start of the season would see us drop out of the race quickly.

Olhanense

A short session tonight, but very enjoyable - as usual icon_smile.gif.

Things on the field improved quite a bit when compared to the disasterous last session.

First game at home against relegation fighters Sacavenense. We easily thrash them 3-0, and move out of the dangerous zone. Just 2 points clear though.

Second match away against Pinhalnovense. We scored after 11 seconds, but they equalised after 10 minutes. We took control and rarely looked troubled again, running out easy 4-1 winners.

Third match: against Mooski's Odivelas at my place. They were 3 points ahead of me and on a scoring spree, so we really needed to be serious in defense. The game started with a few chances for both sides, but after the half-hour mark we took control and scored three times. Mooski pulled one back early in the second half, but my 34yo AM/FR scored a goal which seemed to be final at the moment. Not even close. A goal by Mooski's free-scoring striker and an own goal grom my Dl meant a very tense final quarter. I was relieved to hear the final whistle. 4-3, great game Mooks icon14.gif

A visit to Casa Pia, and super-keeper strikes back icon_frown.gif. 0-0, but still, a point is a point. Olhanense are now in 8th, 11 points behind Dale's unstoppable Atletico who are first.

On other news, i agreed a deal with jcb23 for his super-striker. He'll cost me 2k and 2 players, but i think he's worth more than that. Time will show. Also secured the services of a DC and a DMC, who will join on a free at June.

Since he's already mentioned it, I'll start this issue of the Sintrense news by describing how I conned, (oops that should be "made a deal with") Kostis for my "super" SC.

To be honest, I think the deal will suit everyone. I had become increasing frustrated with my star guy. He had been sent off twice in the last 5 games (for arguing a booking, thus gaining a second yellow card directly after the first). He is inured about 40-50% of the time. I got a much needed DC with reasonable stats who is young enough to improve ( and is much better than my aged player coach) and a veteran FR who ought to have been playing for Olhanense but had ****ed Kostis off at some point I think. And 2 grand in my back pocket. Kostis got a classy SC, if he can keep him on the pitch.

On the pitch, the session sucked arse. No wins, two draws and the "highlight" a 7-1 thrashing at Mooski's Odivelas. At the midseason break we lie 15th, one place above the relegation playoff spot. However the midtable is pretty compressed this year, so if we turn things around with our new signings like last year we could make some ground fairly quickly.

In other news, I was turned down for the Rayo job (Spain D2) vacated by some Diego Maradona bloke. No surprise there, then. I think I'm the only one of us bar the promoted seamus not to have been offered a job.

Atletico

Amazing session for my team. With some games carrying over from last session we're now on a 7 game winning streak and have taken over the lead. It helps to have a good reputation and being able to attract good freebies and overall I'm quite happy with my squad now. There are one or two more DCs coming in the transfer window and the way things are going now anything but promotion would be a disappointment. We're only 3 points clear however, so I can't afford a bad run.

Most games were close and hard fought, so we're not exactly dominating the opposition, but the other teams in the league aren't very consistent (except for Giziar's Machico who are losing very consistently icon_biggrin.gif) so we should be able to stay up there.

Deportivo de Beja / Leça

Beja are useless. A further couple of defeats stretched saw us equal the league record of 10 straight losses. We'd picked up just one point from 17 games icon_eek.gif

I couldn't take any more. I applied for the vacant job at Leça , and they foolishly decided to take me on. Leça are struggling too, 19th in the Northern 2nd division, but unlike Beja, they have a fighting chance. They have a full suqad and are only 4 points from safety. Something for me to work with, at least.

The only two games I played with them last night were both away, and we drew them both. A creditable 1-1 draw at 13th placed Vianense was followed by a great fightback from 2-0 down against fellow relegation strugglers Famalicao.

Now the embarassing bit icon_redface.gif

Beja have done rather well since I left. They won 4-1 at home and followed this with a 2-0 away win icon_eek.gif Remember, this was the side with the 0-1-16 record under me!

It's bad enough in the A game with Andy following me from club to club and showing me up, but in the B game even the computer can do it!

Happy to see it was a short session. Hopefully my AssMan didn't **** up too much. If anyone has my results that'd be great. I know the first four, loss, win, loss, win (i think). did you play more than that?

Transfer window opened I presume?

No, Mooski had to cut short the session as he got called in to work early today.

I believe 4 games was about it.

You should still be 2nd IIRC.

We played until Dec 27th, I think (I know we "celebrated" Christmas). Just long enough for all parties in the Olhanense-Sitrense transfer to sign their contracts.

Machico

This was probably the last full session with me as manager of Machico, at the end of next session I expect to be either sacked or have applied for another job. Or both icon_smile.gif

Due to the ahum not so outstanding results of my team(s) the last session I changed the tactic in the hope to improve a bit.

First game against Sporting B only a 0-1 loss. First loss of the season that I lost with only one goal difference. Quite a good result then.

Next away to Imortal. Hmm team wasnt immortal enough to prevent a 0-4 loss. Move on to the next game please.

Portimonense. The good news; my keeper saved a penalty. The bad news: the final score of 1-3.

Then up to Dale's Atletico who were on course to a record winning streak. On the other hand I managed to get almost all of my (half)decent results against Human teams. Well to be honest; no suprise here, another 0-4 humping.

So there I was sitting on the bottom spot (Beja got more points out of two games without Humph then the 17 previous games with Humph managing them icon_eek.gif and jumped above Machico)and at least 19 points away from the relegation play-off spot (even more points away from the save spots)so I decided to spice it up a bit. The Benfica job became insecure so I declared interest.

Results:

Machico supporters: icon_mad.gif

Machico board: icon_eek.gif and then icon_mad.gif

Benfica board: icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

Job status: icon_confused.gif

Bring on January! icon_biggrin.gif

I think the exact wording was:

"There was turmoil outside the ground of Machico today as an angry mob were looking for manager Giziar. After changing their urine-soaked clothes, caused by the group collectively p'ssing themselves laughing after hearing Giziar had applied for the Befica job, the group then picked up a selection of pointed sticks and a three iron and set off towards the stadium, wanting 'a little chat'."

The Sintrense Weekly News

The blockbuster trade went through. The transfer window meant slow going though. A long session sees far too few games for most of us.

Casa Pia (A) After the winter break...

Things carry on as before. We are beaten before half time, 0-3 at the break. Despite a red card for them after 70 mins, they run out 7-2 winners icon_eek.gif We've shipped 14 goals in our last two matches (although both full backs being suspended might have something to do with that).

Sporting B (H) next, and I'm expecting the rout. Of course we then win 1-0 to do the double over them icon_biggrin.gif My new FRC, obtained in the swap for super SC scores (as does super SC for Kostis) and the new DC captains the defence to a clean sheet. Daylight from the relegation spots again.

Imortal (A)

They're below us in the league, so I expect the losing streak to be restarted...

Our right winger, who we signed permanently from seamus' Louletano during the week, gives us a 1-0 htlead. We give up an equalizer but win it on a breakaway with 4 mins left. 14th and only 6 points behind 4th icon_eek.gif

Portimonense (H)

Not sure what to expect. 16th place, below us, but favourites... and we're 2 up inside 10 minutes! Run out relatively comfortable 3-1 winners.

Machico (A)

Giziar's former team had added players. We put out an unchanged side, in a novel break from tradition icon_smile.gif That lasted all of 3 minutes, until new FRC got injured icon_frown.gif We concede twice in the opening 5 mins of the second half icon_eek.gif Despite pulling a goal back, our attacking outlook leaves us open to the counterattack and we end up losing 5-1icon_frown.gif My new FRC is out 5 months with a broken leg.

Maritimo B (A)

A dull first half has one moment of note, when our DR hits the post from 75 yards after 30 mins.icon_eek.gif 0-0 ht. Our resistance finally gives out after 80 minutes, and we lose 0-1.

Estrela V.N. (H)

Last game of the session. An early lead \o/ holds up well, but 3 substitutions due to injuries and a late red card leave us clinging on to a 1-1 draw at the end after a late equalizer.

We end the session in 14th, 5 points above the dropzone. We have been consistent only in our inconsistency. The board still love me though \o/ icon_smile.gif

Odivelas

The first four games are from the previous session, I just forgot to post them, like the muppet I am.

-------------------

28-11-04 (A) Maritimo B

Won 2-1, we were the better team.

5-12-04 (H) Amora

Won 4-2, we were definitely the better team. icon_wink.gif

12-12-04 (A) Olhanense

Kostis cheated 4-3. icon_wink.gif

19-12-04 (H) Sinstrense

And then we humped JCB 7-1, five of those in the first half. This team isn’t annoying in the slightest. :/

9-1-05 (H) Barreirense

1-1 they better side. Couldn’t break through 5 man defence.

16-1-05 (A) Desp Beja

A fine 4-1 win against Humph’s old side. We score too many goals. icon_wink.gif

23-1-05 (H) O Moscavide

A 3-3 draw and I was 2-0 down early in the second half. I managed to get it level, but they scored again after a huge defensive c0ck-up with 2 mins left on the clock. However, we scored straight form the kick off. I only wish I had a season ticket for this lot. They’re cool.

5-2-05 (A) U Coimbra

A 2-0 defeat because the lads were watching. Not because we’re inconsistent, obviously

12-2-05 (H) Camacha

The roadshow carries on, with a 3-2 win over a side not managed by anyone, it seems. Never mind. I probably move up in the league

20-2-05 (H) Sacavenense

Contrary to what you might all think, I would prefer to win 1-0 to the 6-2 scoreline against this lot. I’m more satisfied with a clean sheet. (Said the actress to the Bishop icon_biggrin.gif )

27-2-05 (A) Juventude de Evora

A strange game. We were 3-0 up after 35 mins but were the second best side after that. I don’t know if tiredness played it’s part, but the home side deserved better than the 3-1 scoreline, to be fair.

---------------------

I must admit, I'm still not convinced about this lot. The players themselves aren't great, apart from maybe four players, but it seems that they're playing cohesively up front. The defense worry me still. I think a couple of purchases may have to be in order over the summer. What do you mean I'm 650k in debt?

icon_frown.gif

This time through, Olhanense had a steady session, although i was expecting to have made a few more points. We're 8th, some 13 points off the top, so our goal now is to recapture 5th place just as last season.

Away to Sporting B. a dull game is lightened up by the dismissal of my AMC late in the second half. Naturally they score, and win 1-0. Should have got a point here.

At home against Imortal. A dull first half finds us trailing 1-0, but the half time subs change the team around and we run out easy 4-1 winners.

Potimonense away. Dull again. We manage to take the lead with 70 minutes played through my new super-striker. Their single key chance is a corner. Guess what, they score. The final whistle found me foaming from the mouth.

A home fixture against dead last Machico (who had already fired Giziar). A hat-trick for the super striker, an easy 4-0 win as expected.

Away at 6th placed Estrella. They score 2 through a corner and a free-kick right when we were starting to "pile up the pressure" icon_rolleyes.gif. A late conslolation goal for us, a 2-1 loss. I almost got a fit there. Our away form is abysmal.

Away (once again) at Amora, who were 4th at the time. They get 19 shots, we get 4. 13 on target for them, 1 for us. Final result? 0-0, with my keeper getting a straight 10 and only his 4th clean sheet of the season. Finally, luck smiles on us.

Final game of the session against 3rd Maritimo B. Two early goals coming from a corner and a penalty for us, and we manage to withstand severe pressure.

The super-striker has scored 5 in 7, and i'm quite happy with his contibution so far. He's also got 2 yellow cards already, so i guess a red card should be coming soon icon_biggrin.gif.

Next session starts with 2 game against human opposition: Dale's high fying Atletico, and Julian's inconsistent Sintrense.

Also got some Bosmans coming in at June. Some are already on loan at my team, so i'm starting to build up the future of the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

The super-striker has scored 5 in 7, and i'm quite happy with his contibution so far. He's also got 2 yellow cards already, so i guess a red card should be coming soon icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll say! He's class in a glass, except that he was incapable of playing more than three matches in a row for me (injury or suspension, he didn't mind which). I got fed up with that, as I need consistency and chopping the team around doesn't help that. Looks like you're having better luck with him though, and the deal in general now that the forward you exchanged for him is out 5 months icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This was probably the last full session with me as manager of Machico, at the end of next session I expect to be either sacked or have applied for another job. Or both <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was correct icon_biggrin.gif

Machico

I was a bit later and just in time to see the score of the first game after the winterbreak, the assman managed to loose 0-1 against Estrela V.N. That result was enough to get me sacked. I blame the ass.man icon_wink.gif

Then a few weeks of applying for jobs and declaring interest in other insecure jobs followed. Three (3!) times the board of the club I declared interest in gave a reaction that they were stupid if they didnt pay attention to a manager of my calibre (or something like that icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif.

The third declaring interest did the trick. Almost immediatly the old manager is sacked and I'm offered the job of Famalicão.

So after almost being online for 3 hours I finally get to play some games.

First game against Porto B who are lying second in the league will I'm 15th. Managed to scoop an unexpected 2-1 win with the last goal in the 89th minute.

A scoreless draw against Fafe followed; still very satisfied with that looking at the fact that my DC got a red card in the second minute and I had to play 93 minutes with one man less.

An off day against Freamunde followed; 0-2. Not much too mention.

Exiting game against Paredes. Too bad their goalie had a superday icon_mad.gif. I outshot them 11-8 on target, they managed to win 2-3 while being up 2-1 before that. Last goal of them in the last minutes. icon_mad.gif. Dissapointed about the result.

2 Losses in a row made us drop back to the 15th place (relegation play off spot) since Vianese managed to win 3 games in a row, one also against Porto B. icon_redface.gif.

So if the team can repack itsself it should be do-able but a second relegation followed by a third sacking is still very possible icon_eek.gif

Louletano

A mixed session slowed by the transfer window during which we hoped to be active. In some sense we were, selling an AMFR to Julian, loaning an FR to Kostis, and loaning a few other U19s out. We brought in an ML from some superleague side, and a DC from Benfica (?, I think) who is not as good as hoped, but he was the best of what my scout found in time. We needed some backup due to injuries and anticipated suspensions. I feel like I loaned one other play too, but can't remember. Wanted to buy but only 1k left in the coffer.

We were beaten easily in our first match 3 - 1 and it looked like a rough bad form session was on the cards.

Then Giziar (after being sacked) watched the next match and proved a good luck charm. We won.

This was followed up by most of the entire clan watching my next two matches, both of which spurred controversy in that the opposing teams goalkeeper may or may not have been bribed. There was speculation that at least 3 goals went "straight through him." Two more wins.

While we're winning. Nothing has been easy and we're on the precipice of collapsing. Still, we're in 2nd place going into the final 3rd of the season and the spectators are flocking to see us, almost 20k for the game against 4th place Varzim who beat us at their place. Revenge is like cold cuts [/tony soprano]. icon_smile.gif

Atletico

It looks like my players didn't come out of winter hibernation as we hit a bad run of form. We went from 4 points clear to now 5 points behind first place and only recently we've rediscovered the joy of winning a game. I hope it's not too late as league leaders Barreirense are in great form and seem to be getting away. We're still in second place but it's getting quite crowded up there and we can hear the other teams sneaking up on us.

Got a completely new central defense in the transfer window, taller and quicker than my aging DCs I had before. So far they've performed ok but not really better than the others. However during the first few games the whole team performed badly.

I'm still hoping for promotion but I'm not nearly as optimistic as I was before. Still, there is a lot of potential in this club, even if we don't make it this year we should be a force for years to come.

Leça

Here were our results from the Northern division:

Gondomar SC (A) 0-2 Well, they were 2nd in the league

D Sandinendses (H) 2-1 My ass man took charge while I was on the phone. Our first win since I took charge.

Porto B (A) 1-1 A draw away at the leaders - I'll take that! icon_smile.gif

Freamunde (H) 0-0

Paredes (H) 2-2

I have certainly managed to make Leça difficult to beat, having lost only once in the eight games since I took over. However, we are struggling to convert the results into wins, as we have also only won one of those eight as well.

I could do without Giziar having taken over relegation rivals Famalicão, as he has immediately made an improvement in their results.

When I left the session, we'd risen to 17th (from 19th), and were only 4 pts off 16th place (which is the relegation play-off spot).

Oh, forgot to say. That win was the first for a team managed by me after four sessions. And it was achieved while I was on holiday! icon_biggrin.gif

I've still to preside over a win in the B game! icon_eek.gif

Odivelas

6-3-05 (A) Pinhalnovense

Although the manner of the performance wasn’t great, being behind twice after early goals in each half, we showed real character in coming back twice then getting the winner in a 3-2 victory with 2 minutes of time to go. icon_biggrin.gif And we jump into 3rd place, which baffles me.

20-3-05 (A) Atletico

A better performance but a 3-2 defeat and that made dale happy. Meh! As long as he’s getting what he wants, that’s alright then.

30-3-05 (H) Casa Pia

1-1 but down to 10 men after 52 mins meant we were under the cosh a little with little chance of getting another.

10-4-05 (A) Sporting B

A 3-3 draw, but I feared the worst when they scored after 2 minutes. We rushed into a 3-1 lead though and were under tremendous pressure towards the endwhen they scored twice. I probably deserved the win, but well, you know…

16-4-05 (H) Imortal

A nice little 4-0 win there and we’re on course for 100 goals I think. I don’t know if I should laugh or cry, especially at the 65 I’ve conceded in the same 31 games. icon_biggrin.gif

24-4-05 (A) Portimonense

A bad defeat by 1-0 means that we’re unlikely to get to the 100 goals mark this season. Oh well, nice try anyway. I have already decided where I need to strengthen the team, so I’m on the lookout already.

1-5-05 (H) Machico

I spoke too soon. We’d already scored our seven goals (yes, seven) in this 7-0 win when the opposition had two sent off. They defended deeply for the remainder of the game and we didn’t get any more. I considered fining them all for the poor performance after the red cards.

-----------------

It's different, anyway. icon_wink.gif

Olhanense

This wasn't a bad session for my team, but i'm getting sick and tired of it.

First game at home, facing Dale's Atletico (Dale wasn't around for that match). We scored early, but they closed us down and hammered us for a while, managing to score the equaliser. We get a penalty towards the end of the first half, but we duly miss it. We manage to totally control the 2nd half, and our superiority finally paid off. Another penalty, taken by the same assh.... player icon_smile.gif. 2-1 for us, which also was the final score.

Next game against Sintrense at home. Jcb wasn't around either. Didn't face any trouble, an easy 2-0 win.

Away at league leaders Barreirense, the only team that's managed to beat us at our place. A dull 0-0. We get 7 shots, not one is on target. Once again, we can't capitalize in an away game.

At home again, this time against Desp. Beja (Desp. obviously stands for desperate icon_biggrin.gif). I go out with all guns blazing in order to improve our goal difference. All we manage is a 2-0 win. "Super" striker gets a goal after a long while.

Away at Moscavide. An early goal allows me to hope that we can finally excorcise the away games demon. Nope icon_frown.gif. Moscavide only needed 15 minutes to turn the game around. They score a 3rd one late in the second half. A consolation goal for us doesn't make any difference. 3-2 loss. Our away form is ridiculous, while we've proven we can beat just about anyone at home.

More proof from the next match against 3rd placed Coimbra. An easy 2-0 win.

Final game against Camacha away. An off-side goal after 15 minutes wraps it up for the hosts, who never looked troubled.

Every win is getting us up to 5th, every loss brings us down to 8th. And when i think that the last game away is against Mooski Odivelas, who are scoring like maniacs... icon_frown.gif

Somewhere along the way, i clicked on something at an unfortunate moment, which caused a crash. Only game lost was a Louletano defeat. Seamus won the replay though (you owe me icon_wink.gif).

Table posted below, i apologise in advance icon_redface.gif

Sintrense News

As is usual, the Assman started the session in charge. Mixed reults: 1-0 Amora (H), 0-2 Olhanense (A) (Kostis), 1-1 Atletico (H) (Dale)

Lots of injuries. My best SC out 4 months with a fractured skull. Not a stellar session for AssMan, although his results haven't been dreadful.

I take charge for the visit of the leaders...

Barreirense (H)

Things looked bad when we conceded a penalty after 3 mins: 0-1. Equalized on 41 mins through a long shot from our youth team ML. We hang on for a draw.

Desp. Beja (A)

First Half: we have all the pressure, they have a goal disallowed.

Second Half: we have all the pressure, they have a goal disallowed.

Then we score with 5 mins left \o/ icon_biggrin.gif 1-0 win.

O. Moscavide (H)

Dull first half, and start of the second. We score on 60 mins though icon_smile.gif We hang on to it for another 1-0 win \o/

AssMan has to finish up the session, with a 2-3 loss away to U . Coimbra icon_frown.gif

Looking at the table just before the end, I notice the startling difference between out home and away form.

At home we have won 10, drawn 5 and lost just once, scoring 25 and conceding 12.

Away, however, we have won just 3 and drawn once, with almost a league worst 13 losses on the road. Those 7 goal losses tally up too, as we have scored 17 but conceded 50 icon_eek.gif

We're not totally safe from relegation yet, but I am heartened by the fact that 3 of our last 5 are at home icon_smile.gif

I'm afraid it won't icon_frown.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st |Dale | Atlético | | 33 | 19 | 4 | 10 | 56 | 36 | +20 | 61 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Barreirense | | 33 | 17 | 10 | 6 | 56 | 38 | +18 | 61 |

| 3rd | | U. Coimbra | | 33 | 16 | 10 | 7 | 45 | 29 | +16 | 58 |

| 4th |Mooski | Odivelas | | 33 | 17 | 5 | 11 | 96 | 66 | +30 | 56 |

| 5th | | Juventude de Évora | | 33 | 16 | 6 | 11 | 53 | 36 | +17 | 54 |

| 6th | | O. Moscavide | | 33 | 15 | 8 | 10 | 65 | 45 | +20 | 53 |

| 7th | | Marítimo B | | 33 | 15 | 8 | 10 | 54 | 36 | +18 | 53 |

| 8th |Me | Olhanense | | 33 | 15 | 8 | 10 | 58 | 34 | +24 | 53 |

| 9th | | Estrela V. N. | | 33 | 13 | 14 | 6 | 44 | 29 | +15 | 53 |

| 10th | | Amora | | 33 | 14 | 10 | 9 | 53 | 44 | +9 | 52 |

| 11th | | Sporting B | | 33 | 14 | 9 | 10 | 45 | 43 | +2 | 51 |

| 12th | | Camacha | | 33 | 13 | 7 | 13 | 44 | 36 | +8 | 46 |

| 13th |jcb23 | Sintrense | | 33 | 13 | 6 | 14 | 42 | 62 | -20 | 45 |

| 14th | | Casa Pia | | 33 | 12 | 7 | 14 | 49 | 48 | +1 | 43 |

| 15th | | Sacavenense | | 33 | 11 | 8 | 14 | 45 | 55 | -10 | 41 |

| 16th | | Portimonense | | 33 | 10 | 10 | 13 | 49 | 55 | -6 | 40 |

| 17th | | Pinhalnovense | | 33 | 10 | 8 | 15 | 44 | 51 | -7 | 38 |

| 18th | | Imortal | | 33 | 9 | 5 | 19 | 39 | 60 | -21 | 32 |

| 19th | R | Desp. Beja | | 33 | 3 | 4 | 26 | 22 | 80 | -58 | 13 |

| 20th | R | Machico | | 33 | 2 | 5 | 26 | 25 | 101 | -76 | 11 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Rest of the players are in different leagues.

We need a table of a proper division though. icon_smile.gif

What are the odds I can get it to work...

Maybe later.

This session sucked ass worse than cups.

We had a dramatic win in our first match. After going down 1 - 0 we equalized in the second half and scored the winner on the last kick--yet another walk off goal. Ball never even made it out of the net before the ref blew for full time.

Managed another win after that and then my worst losing streak of my short career. Which was only helped out by the fact that I was beaten badly in a match by U. Madeira 2 - 0 (outshot 15 - 2) but the game crashed \o/. The replay saw us win.

I believe karma came back to punish me and we lost two matches while I let the AssMan control. When I resumed control back at home we faced League leaders Leixoes who were 1 point ahead.

A 0 - 0 draw suddenly turned into a 1 - 0 loss with a 90th min penalty. icon_mad.gif

A few games left and I'm 4 points back in 2nd. Rio Ave are in third 2 points behind me. We face them at their place soon... :nervous:. That could be the promotion decider.

Atlético

Mixed session for us, with moments of genius alterning with madness. A grand 2-1 last minute road victory over league leaders Barreirense saw me taking the lead again after being behind as much as 6 points, only to be followed by an unnecessary 0-1 home loss against Sporting B.

We're lucky Barreirense are dropping points as well so on the last match of the session we took the lead again, but it's quite crowded up there with the first four teams all in a good position for the end of season rush. Especially Mooski's Odivelas are a bit worrying because of their recent stellar form and them just scoring a sh*tload of goals.

Famalicão

I think my team is secretly training together with the chaps of Fool, they are just as utter crap playing away.

Taipas (home); a nice but late 2-1 victory

Vila Real (away against Cyber Adam); Adam's team played very agressively and outplayed me. Final score 1-3

Feirense (home); a 1-1 draw

Trofense (away); 2-6 trashing icon_eek.gif. First 0-2 behind, coming back to 2-2 before falling totally apart.

Braga B (home); Braga B is one of the topteams in the league (around 3rd place) so I was a bit afraid. Quickly 0-1 down followed by a 0-2. But wait the 0-2 is ruled offside so 0-1 it stays. Then in the 84th minute the 1-1 equaliser is scored. icon_smile.gif

Pedras Rubras (away); Pedras Rubras is huge favorite for relegation and hanging safely in last spot. A few weeks earlier they were in the news when they finally broke their 17 week non-winning streak.

After a quick 1-0 I was hoping to finally ending my loosing streak away. Wrong of course!. The 1-1 was followed by a 1-2 and another away defeat accomplished. icon_mad.gif

Next week followed by Esposende (home); another topteam (around 4th). Again 0-1 down and again this was converted into a 1-1 draw; now for the third time in a row at home.

Sidenote: I lost all my loanplayers as the previous manager only loaned them for 3 months intsead for the rest of the season so now I'm severly crippled.

Another sidenote: 5 games to go now with me lying in 16th spot (relegation play-off) as Humph's Leca suddenly the medicine for succes has found and is scroing a win after win.

More bad news: 3 out of 5 upcoming games are away ....

I might be applying for the next job any soon I'm afraid ..

Archived