LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

I've always thought it was 7pm on Sunday, which is why I always turn up then, only to be disappointed.

Looking forward to the end of season tonight, I just hope I can avoid relegation/playoffs though. What happens if the unmentionable does occur? I get one of the three promoted sides?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

Looking forward to the end of season tonight, I just hope I can avoid relegation/playoffs though. What happens if the unmentionable does occur? I get one of the three promoted sides? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a rules post in the first page, it should enlighten you. Basically, if you get fired, you wait for one month, waiting/applying for a job. If no job comes up, you should retire and add a new manager in a promoted club that will be pointed out to you icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know how things will be in Portuguese LLM, but in Spanish LLM freshly promoted sides wait until 20.08 to appoint their new manager... thus the one month rule could be obsolete or only appliable during season...

7PM on sunday looks fine for me... However, I think I must miss today's session as I have an important dinner and meeting to attend at Barcelona icon_frown.gif (A friend of mine gets his first book published and I *must* be to his premiere and to the aforementioned posterior dinner icon_cool.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

Looking forward to the end of season tonight, I just hope I can avoid relegation/playoffs though. What happens if the unmentionable does occur? I get one of the three promoted sides? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a rules post in the first page, it should enlighten you. Basically, if you get fired, you wait for one month, waiting/applying for a job. If no job comes up, you should retire and add a new manager in a promoted club that will be pointed out to you icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting a jon in CM03/04 is not a problem (under 4.1.5). In the 'A' game, I got the sack from Queens Park by steering them to the bottom of the Scottish 3rd division. I was made countless offers of new jobs. My problem, in fact, was to filter out those that I considered unrealistic. I eventually plumped for Shrewsbury in the English Conference, but could easily have got a job in Scots 2nd or English 3rd, probably even English 2nd.

today's session still has to begin but I already make public that I probably will be late for next sunday's session since I'm going away this weekend.

Don't have a clue at all at what time I pop up

Odivelas

I've played 30 games and I'm just outside of the relegation spots. It will be touch and go if I make it, to be honest, we're not in the greatest of form.

25-4-04 (H) U Micaelense

An undeserved win by 1-0, they were all over us, despite them being already relegated. icon_biggrin.gif

2-5-04 (A) Lusitania

Another draw, this time 2-2 and we conceded a late goal which was a shame, we could have done with the points.

9-5-04 (H) Amora

A 1-1 draw and a fight to the last minute, which was when they hit the bar. Lucky me, but someone else wasn’t so lucky, eh Giziar?

16-5-04 (A) Santa Antonio

So it was onto Giziar’s team and anything other than a win would send him down, he was currently able to scramble to the play offs, but it was looking bleak, but I needed the points too. They were shared after a 0-0 where Santa Antonio were all over my lot, we didn’t even have a shot on goal, but scarpered away with a point.

30-5-04 (H) Mafra

cyber Jordi next up and yet another draw. Again 0-0 and not many shots to speak of. Boring!

6-6-04 (A) Pontassolense

So the decide and a draw would do me to stay up. Anything less and I’d be in the play offs. WE went 1-0 down in the first half and weree struggling, then our stand in right winger cracked a volley in just before half time. We managed to hold on in the end, rather fortunately at times, but the watching fan club kept us going. icon_biggrin.gif

So that was that and I was saved by virtue of a run of one win then five consecutive draws. I should be happy, but I'm not. 14th place isn't exactly great, but next season must be an improvement surely? With the debt of the club becoming a problem, mainly due to the maintenace on a 13000 stadium, there won't be much in the way of transfer funds. We are lacklustre on strikers but quite poor defensively also, but which to prioritise?

Ok, first season done, and that's how it ended:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st |seamus | Louletano | | 36 | 26 | 7 | 3 | 74 | 20 | +54 | 85 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Sporting B | | 36 | 26 | 3 | 7 | 68 | 26 | +42 | 81 |

| 3rd |UELLFan| Mafra | | 36 | 20 | 7 | 9 | 46 | 40 | +6 | 67 |

| 4th | | O. Moscavide | | 36 | 20 | 6 | 10 | 82 | 52 | +30 | 66 |

| 5th |Me | Olhanense | | 36 | 19 | 8 | 9 | 52 | 40 | +12 | 65 |

| 6th | | Amora | | 36 | 18 | 7 | 11 | 59 | 46 | +13 | 61 |

| 7th |jcb23 | Sintrense | | 36 | 16 | 8 | 12 | 48 | 45 | +3 | 56 |

| 8th | | Marítimo B | | 36 | 13 | 11 | 12 | 51 | 49 | +2 | 50 |

| 9th | | Estrela V. N. | | 36 | 12 | 10 | 14 | 38 | 41 | -3 | 46 |

| 10th | | Lusitânia | | 36 | 13 | 6 | 17 | 44 | 48 | -4 | 45 |

| 11th |Adax | Camacha | | 36 | 12 | 9 | 15 | 40 | 42 | -2 | 45 |

| 12th | | Barreirense | | 36 | 12 | 7 | 17 | 45 | 55 | -10 | 43 |

| 13th | | Pinhalnovense | | 36 | 11 | 7 | 18 | 54 | 56 | -2 | 40 |

| 14th |Mooski | Odivelas | | 36 | 8 | 15 | 13 | 43 | 51 | -8 | 39 |

| 15th | | Pontassolense | | 36 | 10 | 9 | 17 | 44 | 53 | -9 | 39 |

| 16th | R | Oriental | | 36 | 10 | 9 | 17 | 44 | 57 | -13 | 39 |

| 17th |Giziar | Santo António | | 36 | 9 | 6 | 21 | 41 | 74 | -33 | 33 |

| 18th | R | Ribeira Brava | | 36 | 7 | 11 | 18 | 24 | 53 | -29 | 32 |

| 19th | R | U. Micaelense | | 36 | 3 | 8 | 25 | 27 | 76 | -49 | 17 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Seamus got promoted, Giziar got relegated. He took over a newly-promoted side, called Machico. It also was the first session for our new member, The Amazing Dale Watkins, who took over at Atletico, another newby team.

Olhanense

A poor ending to the season, to be honest. We could have finished 3rd, but only managed a 5th place, Mafra jumping over us in the last day.

First a game away at relegation certainties Micaelense. A pish-poor performance and a 0-0 draw, their keeper getting MoM.

At home to Lusitania, and a relatively easy 2-1 win. We yet again conceed in the dying minutes, only to save the clean sheet bonus for my keeper icon_biggrin.gif. Another MoM for the opposition keeper. Noticing a pattern here? Just you wait icon_mad.gif

A scintilating match against Amora, who were currently 5th, just a few points behind us. They go up 3-0 by half time icon_frown.gif. We go all out attack in the second half, score twice, then we concede a 4th. Even so, the guys manage to bring the game to a 4-4 draw. Most entertaining match of the season.

Our last win of the season: we pinned another nail to Giziar's coffin, beating them 3-0 at home.

We then visited Mafra. Congrats Jordi, you got a good keeper icon_mad.gif. Yet another MoM for him, and an unfair 1-0 loss. A 6-points match gone wrong, and an 11-game unbeaten run comes to end.

Two next games against Pontassolense and Barreirense, who were threatening Mooski at the time. 0-0 at home to the former and a 2-0 loss away to the latter allowed Jordi's Mafra and Moscavide secure the 4th and 3rd final league positions respectively.

we had the best home record in the division btw, but our away performances need to improve dramatically if we are to challenge for promotion. I expect Moscavide to go all the way, and there's the unknown quantity of Dale icon_smile.gif

Mafra will be in the central division next season. Our division (the south one) gets seven (7) new clubs icon_redface.gif. I'm considering jumping ship to Barreirense, but i'll probably stay put for another season. 800k in the red.

Sintrense finished a creditable 7th, given that we were dead last just before Christmas.

cyberjcb was in charge for the first four games, and as with last week, went four unbeaten including a 3-0 stuffing of Moscavide which kept them off Seamus' back. His unbeaten streak:

2-1 Camacho (cyberadax) 2-1

1-0 Maritimo B

1-1 Oriental (A)

3-0 Moscavide (H)

I return for the penultimate game of the season, against Seamus' Louletano. Needing to win to clinch the championship, he did just that. A well contested match sees me lose my DC to injury early on and my young SC at half time. Louletano run out 3-1 winners.

My final game at home to Estrela is academic. I cannot finish lower or higher than 7th. I wrap up with a win, a piledriver from 30 yards capping a spell of pressure. An undeserved equalizer is conceded in the 85th min, before my young SC converts an injury time penalty for the win. We all dash over to watch the tense second half of Mooski's game.

Preseason:

The Amazing Dale Watkins joins us (Altetico). Giziar finds a new job after his relegation (Machico). Due to seamus' promotion to Div2 and a regional divisional reorganization, 2 of us are now in divisions alone, with Jordi's Mafra relocation to Div2B Central.

My board upgrade training faciitlies to academy status icon_eek.gif Unfortunately they wreck my bank balance to do it and we are heavily in the red. There are no transfer funds.

My super SC will miss the early part of next season due to a broken leg sustained early in the session. I sign a new GK on the remainder of last years budget as my vet has retired. I sign an experienced DC as player coach on a free. Seamus' AMR is joining us on a season long loan (under which I am actually paying his wages this time). I am trying to offload some of my high earners to help the fiscal situation. Amazingly at least 10-15 of my players contracts will all expire on June 1st next year. I try to sign good youngsters to longer contracts now.

We will be holding the second annual LLaMa shield again. I made the draw, and record it here in case I forget it before Sunday icon_smile.gif

To be played Sun July 25th:

1. Seamus (Louletano) vs. Dale (Atletico)

2. Mooski (Odivelas) vs. Giziar (Machico)

3. Kostis (Olhanense) vs. Adam (Camacha)

4. Jordi (Mafra) vs. Sintrense (Julian)

Semi finals:

Winner 1 vs. Winner 2

Winner 3 vs. Winner 4

We agreed to start our Sunday sessions in general at 7pm UK time as we usually seem to be there then anyway, althought there may be some scheduling confilcts for this week.

\o/ Promotion \o/

And league champions to boot.

We couldn't shake Sporting B until 3 weeks to go when CyberAdam beat them at home 1 - 0. Before that I was only one point clear of Sporting with a possible stumbling block in Moscavide on the last day.

Adam's win meant I only needed to win one of my last two and my fellow New Jerseyan politely bowed down to guarantee me the title with a week to go. icon_smile.gif As a result, I've granted him my AM / F R on loan again this season as he performed well for JCB with near a 7.80 avg rating this season on loan.

Preseason:

I can't find a new scout though I did sign a coach and a DM RC. Still looking for a DL and a GK, and have offered a contract to a striker.

We've a decent amount of money to spend (40k) I'm scouring the market with my one scout. Looking back to standouts from the previous year as well and am offering fringe players out for loan / transfer. I've let go one of my three AssMen, a coach, and a scout (by accident, though he was crap).

The Portugese Second League is 18 teams, 7 of which go down icon_eek.gif. I expect to join the lads in Div 2B south again soon.

And welcome to experienced Dale. That makes three of us stateside...EuroPooves. icon_razz.gif

atleticologo.jpg

So newly promoted Atletico Clube de Portugal it is. With a name like this the club is destined for greatness, and they already have the stadium for it with room for 15,000! Regional reputation too, looks like I may have a sleeping giant under my command.

The squad is gigantic (6 keepers and 5 DLs?) and of course awful, and nobody wants any of my players, even on a free. I've sent half the squad to the U19s to get them out of my sight and I'll have to make a couple of signings, most notably a left winger and a striker. Other than that it's something I can work with, maybe. We'll find out soon enough.

Finances are ok still, but with the stadium maintainance costs I figure it won't take long before I'm in the red. Pre-season drags on a bit, and everybody is itching to get started - bring it on!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus redux:

Adam's win meant I only needed to win one of my last two and my fellow New Jerseyan politely bowed down to guarantee me the title with a week to go. icon_smile.gif As a result, I've granted him my AM / F R on loan again this season as he performed well for JCB with near a 7.80 avg rating this season on loan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matchfixing? icon_eek.gif

I'll be sending this evidence to the Portugese FA. You may be stripped of your promotion yet Seamus icon_smile.gif

Congrats to all of you on completing your first season so swiftly. Sounds like you've got a got a nice little game going.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Humph3:

I'll be sending this evidence to the Portugese FA. You may be stripped of your promotion yet Seamus icon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No don't, we don't want him back!! icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Humph3:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif.

I guess I shouldn't mention the proposal for Sintrense to act as Louletano B with a youth player agreement being worked out for the future icon_wink.gif.

The match meant nothing in the end as I won the last game as well. icon_smile.gif

And the Fool seems to be the happiest (in that bitter, disgruntled manner) at my promotion as seen above. Funny that he's the one who beat me twice.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately not, Humph. I put out my strongest available team. It was missing a couple of my better players through injury, and seamus' loan winger had just returned to Louletano, but I was attempting to get something from the game, if only local (NJ) bragging rights. Just goes to show that my offseason rebuilding needs to be swift and comprehensive if I am to improve next year.

Mafra

CyberJordi did a fair job. He won 5, drew 1 and lost one... which reassures me in my belief that last session's misshaps were due to injuries on my rather thin team and not him doing crap as all other human managers suggested icon_razz.gif.

I'm sad to learn that the Portuguese FA has decided to relocate us to Central Division icon_frown.gif Bye Poofs (perhaps I'll head back to south if there are any available non-managered sides there...)

Looking things on the bright side of life I should have 7 players less in my first squad for this next year if some aging players that promised to retire at the end of the season have kept true to their word.

icon_biggrin.gif thanks veggiebloke

Anyway, I was lurking at another place and found an old thread (11 march 02 I think) which said that about our host:

BoYo (ppr. n, arch.) - MooSki. A noteworthy divot and wearer of the thickest mittens known to Man.

Crapping (v) - The art and science of playing Championship Manager with the worst possible teams available. And, in elthy (qv)’s case, winning the frigging Champions’ League with them or some other such outlandish nonsense. See also crapper (n) - Someone who indulges in crapping.

Divot (n) - A dedicated crapper.

I knew your username rang a bell, poof! icon_biggrin.gif (I started lurking there when I was living in France...1999 I think and when I came back to Spain continued doing it. don´t ask why I didn´t post as I can´t freaking remember why I didn´t)

Aaah, Hornet's guide to the old Grass Roots forum. A funny thread that one, although I can't recall being very scientific in my CM games. Yes, we used to (and still do) call ourselves divots, although we don't go to the Dugout anymore of course after some "trouble" last summer.

But I digress.

The BoYo reference was only ever used by one user, Poplexter, who knows Iajafar, as all others call me by Mooski. These elderly gentlemen just get so set in their ways though. icon_biggrin.gif

Odivelas

Not much happened in the pre season. I did restructure the backroom a little, but whether or not that does anything is debateable.

25-7-04 H Machico Llama Cup

The usual “All subs on at half time†tactics for all friendlies was applied and as I was 2-0 up at half time, it didn’t seem that I needed to do anything else. Not that I would anyway, but hey! It finished 2-1 and I progress.

1-8-04 A Louletano Llama Cup

â€So then, you made it through the first round of the cup?â€

“Yeah, but you know I never take friendlies seriously, it’s just to get match fitness upâ€

â€Yeah, whatever, so who are you playing next?â€

“Seamusâ€

â€The guy who won the league last season and humped you in the Llama final last year?â€

“Errr… yeah, what of it?â€

â€You know you haven’t a prayer, don’t you?â€

“I dunno, it’s a game of two halves, etc…â€

â€********. You’ll get humped.â€

â€So what happened?â€

“Shut upâ€

3-1 wasn’t it?â€

“Errr… match fitness, not too bothered, superior opposition, etc.â€

You’re ***** aren’t you?â€

[Exeunt]

8-8-04 H Lixa Friendly

A 6-0 humping of the non-league team to get some confidence back. Various players scored, I wasn’t paying attention.

We also arranged a friendly with Olhanense which both AssMen were in charge of, the score being a 2-1 win, but with my demon right winger being injured despite scoring the two goals. Hmmm… should be an interesting start to the season.

Olhanense

One word for tonight's session: borrrrrrring icon_frown.gif We had to go through the pre-season period, and we did the grave mistake of not holidaying through it. Mooski, Dale and myself stayed up until now, set on holiday, and have reached August 25th. This means there's only a week left for the transfer deadline, and we're having the first league match in a few days.

The LlaMa cup took place as usual. I faced adax's Camacha at home and run out 2-0 winners (just like last season). I then hosted Jordi's relocated Mafra. 2 identic goals from corners (my first ones in this game \o/) gave me a golden goal win, while both our keepers made some magnificent saves.

Final. Seamus. Louletano. Away. Nuff said icon_frown.gif. A 5-1 thrashing, with my keeper getting injured with the scoreline still at 2-1. Sub keeper got a 4, so i fined the living daylights out of him icon_mad.gif.

We also had a couple of friendlies next, hosting mooski's Odivelas. My assistant manager had the bright idea of playing a DMC as an out-and-out striker icon_redface.gif. Naturally, we lost 2-1. And yet another friendly against Ovarense, and yet another defeat. 1-0. We desperately need a morale-boosting win - and soon.

Made a few signings on a free and loaned 4 players in, so i'm inexplicably optimistic about our future.

:yawn:

Atletico

Spending two sessions on pre-season oughta be a record of some kind, but we're through it now and can begin the season next time. My sleeping giants' reputation allowed me to sign some good players, my new left winger even comes equipped with 3 caps for Portugal icon_redface.gif

Got kicked out in the Llama Cup against Seamus but I pushed them hard and they were lucky to tie the game in the 85th minute to send the game to penalties. Other than that nothing of interest really happened. Looking forward to next session, I think I got a decent squad and should be able to compete with any team in the league. Still on the lookout for a striker but good things come to those that wait.

Desportivo de Beja

Last night was dull. 5 hrs, and I only played one game. Fortunately, I know from the A game that pre-season is like that.

I've been assigned to Desportivo de Beja. Strangely, we have a staidium that holds 25K, plus good training facilities. We Didn;t have any staff members, but I soon signed an ass man, a coach, a physio and a scout from the waste bin of Portugese football.

On the playing side, I have only 16 players, so team selection is relatively easy. I am crying out for new blood in midfield, so typically my scout has been concentrating on defenders.

My one game was in the qualification round of the LLaMa cup, away to Dale Atletico. With everyone else looking on, we managed one of the most boring games in history. Finally, late in the second half Dale scored. Whoops of joy from everyone were soon stuck in their throats as we equalised with a few minutes left. Extra time was particularly dreadful.

Even the pens were tied. Eventually, after 8 pens, the deadlock was broken, and dale came out 6-5 winners.

Looking forward to the season proper starting on Weds. I will probably be about an hour late.

Santo Antonio-Wednesday Session

The expected did happen; relegation followed by getting the sack. Ah well. Still managed to achieve 2 club records within the last 3 games of the season. Games won in a row (2!) and games without losses (3!). Looking at those records its fairly obvious why the team went down.

One remarkable result: Pinhalnovense at home. Away I got severly beaten up (0-7 icon_eek.gif), at home the team managed to dominate the game completly and won 2-0 with even one goal ruled out for off-side.

Machico-Final part of wednesday, Sunday session.

Only a few days after getting the sack I got approached by the newly promoted Machico. Nice stadium, good facilities, a team which might be capable of saving me from another relegation but no staff at all. Managed to find staff, loaned a goalie here and there and got humped in the LLama-Cup first round (again). Next week I managed to win atleast against Adam's Camacha in another game; atleast the team knows wins are possible. Hoping they remind that when the real work starts.

Arranged a few friendlies more and went to bed, still a bit exhausted from the weekend. At what date did the session finish?

And yup I agree the session was a bit dull but want to express that the option to holiday the entire period will bring the newly appointed managers in a serious disadvantage since those teams are without staff and the managers dont have the knowledge about their team as the managers do who starting the second year as manager of their team.

Because of our two new Iberian-Clan members we still have 7 teams in out league; we lost Seamus because of his team/supertactics/managerial skills (remove non-appropiate icon_biggrin.gif) and Jordi because he emigrated to the Central Division (traitor icon_wink.gif). Already looking forward to the mid-season where the team faces 3 human teams in a row.

Louletano

We retained the LLaMa Shield \o/.

Dale's Atletico pushed us to the brink and I thought we'd be out early, but a third striker (i've about 12) came on to tie the match late on--through on Pens. (I'm tipping Dale as early odds on favorite to challenge for the title).

The other matches were reported on by others and went fairly well. I've got question marks at the back, desperately in need of a good center back and a DL. I've a DL in my sights. Signed a DMC and two strikers this session, but the DMC is down with a two month injury now. icon_frown.gif

Still looking for 3 - 5 signings and am also selling off players (think i've sold about 5 now with offers for more). I'm not sure how much of my 45k transfer budget is still available but I have a feeling I'll use it all. I've cut down the staff and am well in the red. icon_smile.gif

Lots of season ticket money, but crippling stadium costs.

Mafra

CyberJordi has given himself a new crippling wages' 5 year contract that means he'll probably be onboard longer than Jordi will icon_frown.gif

Preseason was dull, with the noobies desperately trying to bring in backstaff and players while the others barked at them for holding us back icon_razz.gif

Llamashield saw us advance in tie further than last year. That means exiting in the second round, thanks to two identic corner goals by Kostis...

The team is basically the same as last season and Second B Central must be crap, because we are no longer expected to rebuild the team... the board now want to fight bravely against relegation icon_eek.gif

Only sleeping one hour the last night combined with the fact that I won't be able to make any nap during the afternoon really advise that I leave CyberJordi in charge tonight. (To check the wreckled state in which I am you only have to go and see the quantity of typpos and uncompleted sentences I wrote in my Europa de Nava update in that dieing board in which everybody lurks but noone posts (a.k.a. ghosttown))

Sorry guys. icon_frown.gif

OK, there's no guarantee I will be back home for 8pm BST, I may be a little late myself, but I shall put Kostis and Jordi on holiday myself, if they aren't around.

I think the norm is only seel transfer listed players for listed price or above, use current tactics and current first team.

Is that OK?

Odivelas

Well, we got into the game eventually and played a few games. It seemed a slow session, but this was probably due to the later than advertised start.

So onto the new season then...

29-8-04 (A) O Moscavide

Away at one of the better teams of last season was always going to be a tough opener and so it proved. A 3-0 tonking wasn’t the start I wanted. There’s still a long way to go though.

1-9-04 (A) Barreirense

Hmmm… a 3-1 defeat and a man sent off. I sense a long season ahead of me. Maybe I should have accepted the Imortal job that was offered earlier. icon_frown.gif

5-9-04 (H) Desportivo Beja

Humph’s team came to town and were roundly thrashed 5-0. Our two strikers were on fire today getting the five between them. I couldn’t have asked for more after two bad defeats at the start.

19-9-04 (H) U Coimbra

A fine battling performance there, giving us the 2-1 win. Things are looking up. Ha!

A session with mixed emotions for Olhanense. We went through 4 league games, and my team amassed two home wins and two away losses.

First game against Pontimonense: we start badly nad are put under severe pressure. Just when i thought we're going to be run ragged, my(retiring icon_frown.gif) AM/FR wins a penalty, which gets tucked away \o/. A couple of subs at half time allowed us to take control and win 3-0, although we only had half the shots our opponents did.

Next game at home again, against the only team that'd beaten mine at home last season: Sporting B. An early penalty gives us the edge. We withstand the pressure, and score 3 more goals from 3 shots in the first half icon_smile.gif. Final score of 4-1, we're looking solid.

Away at Imortal. Their keeper saves 3 shots from close range, we undeservedly lose 2-1.

Final game against Giziar's Machico (away), who were desperate for their first win. We get completely outplayed, even though we missed a few sitters. 1-0 loss, which was too kind to be honest.

3 of the loaned players have secured a regular first team place, and an FLC among them gets MoM twice. He didn't play at the away games because of injury, so i hope we're not already depending on him icon_redface.gif. We desperately need to improve our away form, if we are to do something better this season.

Jcb's Sintrense win 3 out of their 4, and verify my secret belief they might star this season. Oh, and Adax jumped ship from Camacha to Vila Real (2B North). SPLITTER!! icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

Louletano -- Second League

Made some last minute signings at the deadline, a DL and a DMC on loan that Giziar tried to buy as well.

We started well, with a 2 - 0 win away. I then left the game as the other humans had two matches before my next one. Which I didn't make it home in time for. The AssMan led us to a 1 - 1 draw. Not a bad result, but we'll need to win our home matches if we're to have any chance of staying up. Over 11k showed up to watch icon_smile.gif.

The final game of the session for me was away to leaders Varzim who jumped out to a 2 - 0 lead. We pulled one back and went for an equalizer, but were caught on the break. 3 - 1 loss.

It's going to be a struggle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

3 of the loaned players have secured a regular first team place, and an FLC among them gets MoM twice. He didn't play at the away games because of injury, so i hope we're not already depending on him <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the guy you loaned from me? He averaged like a 4.5 with us. He never put in a good performance for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Jcb's Sintrense win 3 out of their 4, and verify my secret belief they might star this season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll bet one of the wins was a cup game though icon_frown.gif

Desportivo de Beja

Oh, so familiar. A winless session, just like the 'A' game icon_frown.gif

At least I have the excuse in this game that I have taken over a newly promoted team and have only a 16 man squad. I was not able to bring in any new players before the transfer window shut. I just have to hope my scout unearths some pretty good free transfers. Here were my results:

Casa Pia (H) 1-2 (we threw away the lead)

Pinhalnovense (H) 0-3 icon_frown.gif

Odivelas (Mooski) (A) 0-5 icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif (All the more gdestresing considering how they'd lost their previous two)

Sporting B (A) 0-1 A fooking 92nd minute goal to beat my superkeeper icon_mad.gificon_frown.gif

If my team manage to beat the drop this season, it will truly be a miracle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

Is that the guy you loaned from me? He averaged like a 4.5 with us. He _never_ put in a good performance for me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No icon_smile.gif. I doubt your guy will average anything better than what he was for you. Actually, i'm considering sending him back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

I'll bet one of the wins was a cup game though icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. 4 league games, 3 wins icon14.gif

'gdestresing' was my attempt to type "distressing".

BRING BACK THE EDIT FUNCTION! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you having trouble with the nef-gangled board, Humph?

(See Seamus, I told you that I'd manage to save that one for the archive icon_biggrin.gif)

Hi guys!!

Sorry about yesterday, but preparing the tax income declaration always puts my sleep upside down... icon_mad.gif

I supose it was still fun yesternight... although I'm quite sure that noone would have kept an eye on that relocated misfit team of mine, am I right?

Archived