Will I Get Fired?

Hi.

Something terrible has happened I'm afraid.

My board expected me to reach the Quater Finals of the Carling Cup but I got Chelsea and I got beat. Evidently, they're not best pleased.

My board expect me to reach the Sixth Round of the FA Cup but I have just been given Arsenal in my opening round and I am very pessimistic about it, to say the least.

What I want to know is if you fail two of the expectations does it result in an instant sacking?

Hope not. I'm doing well in the UEFA Cup group stages and I'm currently 6th in the Prem.

On a side note, I think the board should extent you a little courtesy if you're drawn against the big clubs in the opennig rounds. Seems a little unfair.

Cheers. :)

It's mostly dependent on league performance, if you do well in the league the board will forgive you for you cup failures.

Hopefully this is something that will be looked at for 09 as the expectations completely fail to take into account who you're drawn against.

I think the board getting p***ed with you for losing to a big team like chelsea or arsenal has more to do with the confidence bug that they haven't fixed rather than your incompetence as manager.

I have just played the game and got beat 3-2. One of my goals was clearly offside but it was allowed so I don't have many complaints.

It didn't change my job security much, my job is still 'secure' so I am really pleased about that!

Let's hope the confidence has been vastly improved in FM09 nonetheless, in terms of courtesy etc. :)

Archived