Ultimate Football Manager Internet Game [*Not an Established Clan anymore as currently we are a disgrace*]

dogs

logo_fmo_banner.gif

fmo_white.gif

Ok folks its that time again and i must admit i'm pretty excited at the prospect of this new game. At the end of the last game i made a proposal of 4 games themes to the clan members and by using a vote by email system the following scenario was voted in.

First division master class, or Championship as it will be known , get ahead of the pack by getting your team out of the Div first and into the rich pickings of the EPL before your rivals.

With that in mind the managers from UFMIG have selected the following teams.

deano_reading.gif

Deano - Reading

Shockeroonie as Deano doesn't select his beloved Forest, doesn't matter will still do the damage i'm sure, can he lose his new moniker icon_wink.gif

bod_wigan.gif

StevieBod - Wigan

Stevie has shrewdly picked Wigan, a team with a transfer budget of more than the combined other human managers teams here. He will hope to utilise this finacial clout to his advantage as he seeks immediate promotion.

blue_watford.gif

BlueDog - Watford

As per Blue, takes over Watford. Desn't matter in what game, what team blue goes, he will always end up at Watford. He has decided to cut his losses early this game.

azmo_crewe.gif

Azmo - Crewe

Big test for Azmo as he seeks to cut his teeth in this clan, miracles might happen though, he may yet get Alex de Souza to sign icon_wink.gif

dogs_millwall.gif

Dogs - Millwall

After wiping the floor with everyone in the first 3 seasons of the last game i've decided for a challenge this game icon_wink.gif. Any team that has Wise and Muscat on their payrole is a challenge trust me.

serpico_safc.gif

Serpico - Sunderland

The clan welcomes new teaboy Serps to the clan, its going to take a few "miracles" Jim to avoid the scavengers that make up your new clan mates, I'm sure you are wide enough lol.

bell_whu.gif

Bell - West Ham

Chris returns and has taken over the Hammers lets see if his missus lets him on the computer long enough to actually achieve anything icon_razz.gif

marlow_cardiff.gif

Marlow - Cardiff

The real clan teaboy returns with his adored Cardiff City will either be the clan whipping boy or will sign one man army Toledo ( if he is in the new game) after chasing him for umpteen seasons and wipe the floor with everyone. Two sugars and milk please!!!!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

logo_fmo_banner.gif

fmo_white.gif

Ok folks its that time again and i must admit i'm pretty excited at the prospect of this new game. At the end of the last game i made a proposal of 4 games themes to the clan members and by using a vote by email system the following scenario was voted in.

First division master class, or Championship as it will be known , get ahead of the pack by getting your team out of the Div first and into the rich pickings of the EPL before your rivals.

With that in mind the managers from UFMIG have selected the following teams.

deano_reading.gif

Deano - Reading

Shockeroonie as Deano doesn't select his beloved Forest, doesn't matter will still do the damage i'm sure, can he lose his new moniker icon_wink.gif

bod_wigan.gif

StevieBod - Wigan

Stevie has shrewdly picked Wigan, a team with a transfer budget of more than the combined other human managers teams here. He will hope to utilise this finacial clout to his advantage as he seeks immediate promotion.

blue_watford.gif

BlueDog - Watford

As per Blue, takes over Watford. Desn't matter in what game, what team blue goes, he will always end up at Watford. He has decided to cut his losses early this game.

azmo_crewe.gif

Azmo - Crewe

Big test for Azmo as he seeks to cut his teeth in this clan, miracles might happen though, he may yet get Alex de Souza to sign icon_wink.gif

dogs_millwall.gif

Dogs - Millwall

After wiping the floor with everyone in the first 3 seasons of the last game i've decided for a challenge this game icon_wink.gif. Any team that has Wise and Muscat on their payrole is a challenge trust me.

serpico_safc.gif

Serpico - Sunderland

The clan welcomes new teaboy Serps to the clan, its going to take a few "miracles" Jim to avoid the scavengers that make up your new clan mates, I'm sure you are wide enough lol.

bell_whu.gif

Bell - West Ham

Chris returns and has taken over the Hammers lets see if his missus lets him on the computer long enough to actually achieve anything icon_razz.gif

marlow_cardiff.gif

Marlow - Cardiff

The real clan teaboy returns with his adored Cardiff City will either be the clan whipping boy or will sign one man army Toledo ( if he is in the new game) after chasing him for umpteen seasons and wipe the floor with everyone. Two sugars and milk please!!!!

I think after the first season , youll be changing that banner to "Knows **** All" bearing in mind im going to go in completely blind and not play FM at all (even the demo) until the full game comes out this month.

(actually, if previous shows are anything to go with, i might wait until patch 5 or 6 before coming in, just to avoid the bugs icon_biggrin.gif)

Who the f**k said he could play

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, I give you the one, the only "Mr Huffy" himself, he's back, its PM7.

pm7_burnley.gif

Peacemaker7 - Burnley

The question is will he be back with a vengeance or a whimper, huff and goodbye icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Already got it installed on the base unit and laptop and running it overnight testing tactics icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stevie "Sad Boy" McGuiness

I'm advocating holding off until patch 1 release before starting. There are some issues that i feel need resolved. Nothing to do with the fact i can't buy a win with my MKDons team in my single game icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

I'm advocating holding off until patch 1 release before starting. There are some issues that i feel need resolved. Nothing to do with the fact i can't buy a win with my MKDons team in my single game icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mibbe we could have a practice game if the patch isnt out before this weekend? I have to say, there dont seem to be that many issues compared to previous releases, certainly nothing I've seen thats show stopping, but then I dont hunt for bugs, as tbh thats not my job.

After 23 different AI run games testing tactics , with a highest position of 7th , ive finally completed season 1 with Wigan with me actually in Charge , and managed 5th , losing to Leicester in the playoffs.

However season 2 has started 5-2-0, so i think ive got the squad just right. Might be season 2 before i go up, definetely not going to be season 1 , too much upheaval required.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

After 23 different AI run games testing tactics , with a highest position of 7th , ive finally completed season 1 with Wigan with me actually in Charge , and managed 5th , losing to Leicester in the playoffs.

However season 2 has started 5-2-0, so i think ive got the squad just right. Might be season 2 before i go up, definetely not going to be season 1 , too much upheaval required. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bod i havent even looked at millwall yet, i'm now scared of you and your superior managementest skills icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

However season 2 has started 5-2-0, so i think ive got the squad just right. Might be season 2 before i go up, definetely not going to be season 1 , too much upheaval required. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bod i havent even looked at millwall yet, i'm now scared of you and your superior managementest skills icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of it made one Iota of difference. TBH , the new engine works in such a way that you know how your game is going to play in 80% of all matches. Inevitably , i discover the following pattern.

1. You grab an early goal, or the opposition does.

2. The game sits quietly scrapping in midfield for the next 70 minutes.

3. In the final 10 minutes, either team scores to make 2-0 and kill the game, or to force a 1-1 draw. This happens regardless of tactical changes, introducing fresh legs, or telling your team to slow down the tempo, pass short and kill the game.

I foresee a lot of draws in this clan game.

Archived