Another AI experiment...

Blanco

How will the AI manage with

This is fairly similar to kipfihz's experiment, although not quite as extreme..

Here is a link to his: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=28789

I am planning on unashamedly pilfering the structure of his article - but it will be a little different due to me using FM Weegie's Sept 08 update alongside the latest patch.

Team Bath, the worst ranked side in the Conference South, have been replaced by 'The Marmalade Brigade', who have been given a bank balance of 20m, and a perfect chairman who as a sugar daddy would look to see the club rise up the divisions. The rest of the club stays relatively similar - but their reputation is now that of a middling Championship club. Other than the chairman, they have no members of staff as of the first of July..

They've also had their entire squad replaced by 22 brilliant Andorran youth players. With 100 CA and -10 PA, and randomised stats, they are potential superstars. They all turn 17 at the beginning of the January transfer window, with birthdates 1st January 1991. This means that they are unlikely to move until January 1st - as they have agreed 3 year contracts worth £500 a week, meaning that it will cost £300,000. There are two for each position of a standard 4-4-2 - but some have skills in other positions as well.

So:

Will the Marmalade Brigade get to the Premiership - where all the players will surely belong?

Will the club stay financially solvent - will the perfect chairman invest in improving their 750 seat stadium and their almost non-existent training facilities and youth academy?

Can they get decent staff to mastermind their ascent?

Will the players stick with the Brigade, and if not how high up the footballing hierachy will they rise?

What will happen to the Andorran national team?

Created a new manager - managing Alfreton in the Blue Square North (but I will be constantly on holiday so should not affect the Brigade in the slightest)

I have all the players on my shortlist - so will be informed of any major news items involving them

If anyone wants to adopt a player, just ask

I'm intriged gonner follow this one closely. I woudln't let people adopt players mate as it becomes more of a sign up rather than a experiment and you'll more than likely lose focus of it as people will what you to follow their players rather than the club but its your experiment.

Other than that UP THE BRIGADE :thup:

July 07 update..

13th July - Darron Gibson joins on loan from Man Utd

18th July - Andrius Skerla joins on a free transfer (30 yo Lithuanian international CB, formerly of PSV and Dunfermline, and more recently of Tom from the Russian LEague)

- Auchinleck 0 - 4 The Brigade (hat trick from striker 2, and one from striker four)

21st July - Galway Utd 2 - 2 The Brigade (Goals from CB 3 and ST3)

22nd July - Ken McKenna joins as manager (from his history he spent 10 years as a player in the Welsh Premier, and managed TNS)

24th July - Robbie Fowler joins on a free

27th July - Peter Murphy (DLC, WBL) joins for 85K from Carlisle (26 yo Irish international (well, has one cap))

31st July - Sligo Rovers 3 - 0 The Brigade

The chairman has brought in a whole host of staff - including Franco Baldini and Ray Clemence who are both working with Fabio Capello for England

No plans for expansion to the stadium or improvement of facilities thus far.

Player's values ranged from 275 K to 500K (Apart from DM 2, who I forgot to give a contract to!!), although as yet there has been no interest from better clubs.

Good to see that a top backroom team has been brought in, and Gibson and Fowler are a couple of ambitious signings who can do a job at a higher level. If I remember correcttly in kipfizh's experiment the Bandits didn't bring in anyone like this so that's a sign that FM08 uses the wealth and reputation of the edited clubs more wisely than FM07.#

KUTGW :thup:

August 07 update..

31st July - Wycombe 1 -3 Brigade

4th August - Jorge Soto (35 yo Peruvian AMRC with 100 caps) joins on a free transfer

11th August - Start of BSS season

- The Brigade 4 - 0 St Albans (2 goals from Left Wing One, one from Robbie Fowler, and a penalty converted by Centre Back Three before he fractured his arm and was out for four weeks)

12th August - Vladimir Manchev (29 yo Bulgarian ST with 14 caps but only one goal) joins on a free

13th August - Maidenhead 0 - 2 The Brigade ( Debut goal for Manchev and one for Striker Two)

18th August - The Brigade 2 - 1 Bognor Regis (Goals for Manchev and Soto and an injury for Murphy - fractured ribs and out for between a week and two months - maybe a sign we need a new physio)

20th August - Weston-super-Mare 0 - 2 The Brigade (2 for Fowler but Soto was sent off late on)

27th August - The Brigade 1 - 1 AFC Wimbledon (CB One scored but inaccurate shooting cost us 3 points)

Screenshots of squad, formation and league table to follow as well as general update...

Big transfers...

Mutu to Man City for £24 million

Stephen Hunt to Derby for £6.5 million

Nothing else over £5 million so fairly unusual - does anyone know if the database has been altered to encourage stinginess at least in the first transfer window??

Screenshots will come later - technical difficulties (what is the best way to do it??)

The next update will be from 1st Feb...

OK then... February 1st update

Transfers in:

David Noble (25yo AMC from Bristol City, £550,000)

Alan Tait (25 yo DRC, WBR, DM from Swansea, £450,000)

Kris Commons (24 yo AMRLC from Derby, £150,000)

Simon Lappin (25 yo DL, MLC from Norwich, £325,000)

Dean Gerken (22 yo GK from Colchester, £750,000)

Total of £2.3 million thus far...

Darron Gibson returns to Man Utd after his loan spell

Top of the league at the moment, 13 points clear after 28 games

Interestingly, rather than going up in the world, it seems like some of the players may have to drop down to get noticed, some not having played a first team game yet.

League Table:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/leaguetable.jpg

Squad:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/squad.jpg

Tactics:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/tactics.jpg

Reserves:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/reserves.jpg

U18s:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/u18.jpg

Sorted now...

On the international scene, the players have shown that they aren't really international calibre yet. Despite the Brigade providing all of the matchday squad, Andorra have lost every game they've played without scoring a goal..

Transferwise, Huntelaar got his big money move to Milan for £17 million, and another highlight was the £14 million transfer of Ricardo Montolivo to Liverpool

England qualified for the Euros, and are with Poland, Holland, and Croatia in the group stages.

Man Utd are 8 points clear at the top of the Premiership, with the usual big 4, and Pompey, Hull and Stoke are 8 points adrift at the bottom...

Have to admit another slight error from myself - The Marmalade Brigade did not take part in the FA Cup

In a shock result, however, The Brigade were knocked out of the FA Trophy by Stafford Rangers 2 - 1, although Stafford are only 7th in the BSN.

They should get in the FA Cup from next year. Quite often with sign ups to improve International teams nothing happens as the Qualifying stages for tournements aren't run on full detail which means the results are worked out by reputation not player abilities.

End of season report...

Darren Carter (CM, 24yo) was brought in from Preston for 750k in mid February

The Brigade cantered to the league title, winning by 23 points... and a goal difference of +52

League Table:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/leaguetable2.jpg

Squad:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/squad2.jpg

Reserves:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/reserves2.jpg

Goalie One spent the second half of the season on loan at Gillingham.. conceding 14 in his 13 games

Left Back One was on loan at Palace, playing 12 games with an average rating of 6.33

World news...

Man Utd win the Premiership, with Liverpool and Arsenal qualifying for the CL

Chelsea and Everton in the UEFA...

Chelsea won the Carling Cup and Liverpool the FA Cup

Bayern beat Lyon on penalties for the UEFA Cup

Real won the CL against Man Utd (also on penalties)

Now, to simulate the transfer window whilst I go and have my dinner...

Big transfer window for the Brigade...

All but three of the Andorran superstars left for pastures new... but they brought proven quality to replace them, most notably Michael Kightly and Fitz Hall...

Here's a link to the transfers:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/criz_white/transfers.jpg

4 ex-Brigadiers are now plying their trade for Premiership clubs (Charlton were promoted), and most of the rest are in the Championship

On September 1st, the Brigade are 12th in the BSP, with 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses

How about chairman stats? have you edited it?

Yes - the chairman is perfect - ambitious, loyal, willing to spend etc

For the games with the Andorran national squad, are you playing them on full detail, because if you don't, Andorra will never win because the games will be simmed based on reputation and not player's abilities

That's probably why the national team are doing so badly...

May 09 update...

The Brigade won the BSP easily this season, 15 points aherad of the rest. They also triumphed in the Setanta Shield, 5 - 2 against Cambridge in the final, but the real highlight of that tournament was a 12 - 0 demolition of Droylsden in the quarterfinals...

Left Back One, Striker Two and Centre Back Three still remain at The Brigade, but with interest from bigger clubs in the last two means that we're unlikely to see them at The Jam Bowl much longer...

Left Back One, on the other hand, has really stagnated. No interest in him, certainly because he spent last season on loan at Kingstonian, who aren't in a league as far as I can make out...

Ken McKenna, the manager, has left to take the reins at Leeds, so the Brigade have drafted in Sammy Lee as his replacement...

The club have seemingly overspent, however, as the information page lists the finances as insecure...

Update from after the transfer window will follow - it looks likely we'll get a first million pound transfer for our Andorran elite

The club have seemingly overspent, however, as the information page lists the finances as insecure...

You don't mention how much you gave them (if anything) at the start. If they had over a billion the Chairman would have put some in a fund to be used at a later date if needed. If they had very little to begin with then they will have overspent for their level. Without a bigger stadium they will not have the income to support the likes of Robbie Fowler, plus all the Andorran superstars will have earned £2.2m combined in the last season which is crippling to a league 2 club let alone Blue Square North/South side.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived