EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Kozak

Euro2004logo.jpg

EURO 2004 ONLINE TOURNAMENT – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Introduction:

From the organiser of the World Clan here is the chance for you to play online this week. To make it easier for new CMO-forum users we organize a short-term EURO 2004 tournament game. The tournament will be played on Friday 2 January as well Saterday 3 January:EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Friday 2th January 2004 >>>18.00 – 23.00 UK-time. Teams draw +Time to make your team selection for the EURO 2004 Championship. If you made your team selection then you can leave so no need to stay till 23.00.

<LI>Saterday 3th January 2004 >>>13.00 – end of EURO CHAMPS UK-time. Play of the tournament.

Game rules:

1. Be friendly to other humans and be in the chatroom of the EURO2004 chatroom during the time you are in the game. The organisers must know if there aren’t invaders in the game. You will get the IP only in the chatroom.

2. People that can’t make the game anyway, must let it know to me by email (see my profile) as fast as possible so I can invite other people then.

3. People aren’t allowed to take other teams than they draw. Also giving out the IP to others isn't allowed. Reports in the game-thread will be appreciated and give you a bigger chance to join a long-term clan.

The game will be played on Version 4.1.3 + exe fix. This version will be tested on online play. If the online bug shows up during testing the game will be played on Version 4.1.2. More about this later this week.

Goals:

This tournament is organised to give online newbies a chance to show themselves and look if they like the speed of online gaming. Playing this short term tournament will give you a bigger chance to being picked up by existing online clans and give you the opportunity to learn some other online gamers for future games.

We are looking for the next sort of people:

1. People that like playing CM03/04 and want to try out if CMonline gaming is just as/ or even more fun than offline gaming. Please apply in this thread, we need you!

2. People that can’t find an online clan and are looking to join one for some time.

3. More experienced CMO regulars that wanna help me organizing/ hosting this game.

Per played EURO 2004 tournament we need 16 people to compete with each other. If there are more than 16 people, we will split it up in groups.

To apply please fill in the next info:

Name:

Forum-nickname:

Country of living:

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above):

Internet connections (speed):

Computer speed:

Can you host:

CMOnline expectations:

Make sure your MSN is in your profile!

Any tips to help me with this game are welcome. Let’s who will win EURO 2004 so early in 2004.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro2004logo.jpg

EURO 2004 ONLINE TOURNAMENT – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Introduction:

From the organiser of the World Clan here is the chance for you to play online this week. To make it easier for new CMO-forum users we organize a short-term EURO 2004 tournament game. The tournament will be played on Friday 2 January as well Saterday 3 January:EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Friday 2th January 2004 >>>18.00 – 23.00 UK-time. Teams draw +Time to make your team selection for the EURO 2004 Championship. If you made your team selection then you can leave so no need to stay till 23.00.

<LI>Saterday 3th January 2004 >>>13.00 – end of EURO CHAMPS UK-time. Play of the tournament.

Game rules:

1. Be friendly to other humans and be in the chatroom of the EURO2004 chatroom during the time you are in the game. The organisers must know if there aren’t invaders in the game. You will get the IP only in the chatroom.

2. People that can’t make the game anyway, must let it know to me by email (see my profile) as fast as possible so I can invite other people then.

3. People aren’t allowed to take other teams than they draw. Also giving out the IP to others isn't allowed. Reports in the game-thread will be appreciated and give you a bigger chance to join a long-term clan.

The game will be played on Version 4.1.3 + exe fix. This version will be tested on online play. If the online bug shows up during testing the game will be played on Version 4.1.2. More about this later this week.

Goals:

This tournament is organised to give online newbies a chance to show themselves and look if they like the speed of online gaming. Playing this short term tournament will give you a bigger chance to being picked up by existing online clans and give you the opportunity to learn some other online gamers for future games.

We are looking for the next sort of people:

1. People that like playing CM03/04 and want to try out if CMonline gaming is just as/ or even more fun than offline gaming. Please apply in this thread, we need you!

2. People that can’t find an online clan and are looking to join one for some time.

3. More experienced CMO regulars that wanna help me organizing/ hosting this game.

Per played EURO 2004 tournament we need 16 people to compete with each other. If there are more than 16 people, we will split it up in groups.

To apply please fill in the next info:

Name:

Forum-nickname:

Country of living:

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above):

Internet connections (speed):

Computer speed:

Can you host:

CMOnline expectations:

Make sure your MSN is in your profile!

Any tips to help me with this game are welcome. Let’s who will win EURO 2004 so early in 2004.

I will do first:

Name: Jacco

Forum-nickname: Kozak

Country of living: The Netherlands

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above): 3

Internet connections (speed): 384kb/sec

Computer speed: P4 1.7 ghz, 256mb RAM

Can you host: Can but prefer faster connection

CMOnline expectations: Make fun and more competition than offline gaming.

Name: Steve

Forum-nickname: Stev0NUFC

Country of living: UK

To which group do you belong: 2

Internet connections (speed): 1Meg Broadband

Computer speed: AMD 2.4ghz 512mb RAM

Can you host: possibly

CMOnline expectations: more fun with human players

NAME: Matt Varley

FORUM NAME: Matt Varley

COUNTRY OF LIVING: England

GROUP: 1 , 2

COMPUTER SPEED: P4 2.0gig , 256mhz ddr

Me bro is a computer genius of some sort, he told me that info

HOST: no

EXPECTATIONS: have fun and win loads of tropheys.

if i can pick a team can i have man utd please.

Kozak i applaud you for your idea and hope it takes off, i hope you get loads of people who aint really playing much to join in. If you dont get 16 players please let me know and i would love to stand in as a player.

Name: Chris Powlay

Forum-nickname: Powlay

Country of living: England

Internet connections (speed): 600k

Computer speed: um 850mgz or 1800+ athalon

Can you host:i can but would prefer not to

CMOnline expectations: in general a long term enjoyable game, in this game a fun time and a laugh with new people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Varley:

if i can pick a team can i have man utd please.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate have a re read of the thread its the european championships that will be played...that involves national teams not club teams icon_biggrin.gif

Name: Andy Jordan

Forum-nickname: Andy Jordan

Country of living: United States

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above): 3 (Original UCMIG icon_cool.gif)

Internet connections (speed): 1.5 mbps ADSL

Computer speed: P4 w/HT 3.06 GHZ, 1 GB RAM

Can you host: I could, but not sure it would be fast enough for others.

CMOnline expectations: To enjoy friendly banter and actual competition

I don't know what you people discuss at the Scottish Clan icon_wink.gif. And as I don't have time when I am at work, I decided to organize the thing this week as it will take some time.

I will contact all applicants later this week by MSN. But normally every applicant gets in. I wanna ask all applicants to apply at http://groups.msn.com/euroCM2004.

People in till now:

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

Group 2

2. Stev0NUFC

Group 3

3. Kozak

4. Powlay

5. Andy Jordan

Offcourse more people from especially group 1 & 2 are welcome!

OK I will Dogs (or Mr X called by me icon_wink.gif)

People in till now:

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

Group 2

2. Stev0NUFC

Group 3

3. Kozak

4. Powlay

5. Andy Jordan

6. Kuky (hosting the game)

7. Lambies Lovechild

I am searching for some newbies/unexperienced online gamers now. As we have representers from World Clan, UCMIG & EMA in it now. I will use the available player listings also later today to contact some people.

Name: Steve McWee

Forum-nickname: superayrunited

Country of living: Scotland

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above): 1

Internet connections (speed): 512k broadband

Computer speed: 2.5GHz P4

Can you host: No

CMOnline expectations: I just want to play with real live people for the banter!

People in till now:

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

Group 2Group 3

3. Stev0NUFC

Group 3

4. Kozak

5. Powlay

6. Andy Jordan

7. Kuky (hosting the game)

8. Lambies Lovechild

All applicants will be contacted on Tuesday or Wednesday. A friendly ask to all people is to apply already for our MSN-group.

Name: Jamie Willis

Forum-nickname: mballack19

Country of living: United Kingdom

Internet connections (speed): BT Broadband

Computer speed: Very Fast

Can you host: Nope

CMOnline expectations: To best I can

Name: Simon

Forum-nickname: 36EE (or Fatits)

Internet connections (speed): Broadband 576k

Computer speed: 750mhz 128mb Ram

Can you host: No

CMOnline expectations: To play against human managers

Name: Paul Bray

Forum-nickname: Paul Bray (Wengermagic)

Internet connections (speed): 1mb

Computer speed: 2.6ghz 1024mb DDR RAM

Can you host: Yes

CMOnline expectations: Enjoy new challenges.

Name: Michael

Forum-nickname: Birk

Country of livingicon_biggrin.gifenmark

Internet connections (speed): 256/128 adsl

Computer speed:1333 ghz 256 ram

Can you host: no

CMOnline expectations Looking for the challenge and have some fun

People in till now:

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

Group 2

5. Stev0NUFC

Group 3

6. Kozak (World Clan)

7. Powlay (EMA)

8. Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

9. Kuky (hosting the game World Clan)

10.Lambies Lovechild (Scots Clan)

11.36EE (World Clan)

12.Paul Bray (EMA)

4 places left which can be at least 3 people from group 1 & 2.

Name: Dez Wilkins

Forum-nickname: DezMW

Country of living: UK

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above): 3 (Co-Organiser of the GQ game)

Internet connections (speed): 576K BB

Computer speed: P42.4 1gig DDR ram

Can you host: I could if needed

CMOnline expectations: World peace, else just a nice slice of humble pie

Guest wee_ian

Name:

Forum-nickname:

Country of living: scotland

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above):1

Internet connections (speed): 1mb

Computer speed:

Can you host:no

CMOnline expectations: to have a proper onlne game and to have a bit of banter

_People in till now:_

_Group 1_

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

_Group 2_

7. Stev0NUFC

_Group 3_

8. Kozak (World Clan)

9. Powlay (EMA)

10.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

11.Kuky (hosting the game World Clan)

12.Lambies Lovechild (Scots Clan)

13.36EE (World Clan)

14.Paul Bray (EMA)

15.BelfastNiall

16.DEZMW Wilkins (clan owner)

It seems to full with regulars icon_frown.gif

At least 6 non-regulars competing in this chalenge. If theres more interest people can keep posting, you will come on a reserve list however I hate this lists icon13.gif

Originally posted by Kozak:

_People in till now:_

_Group 1_

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

_Group 2_

6. Stev0NUFC

_Group 3_

7. Kozak (World Clan)

8. Powlay (EMA)

9.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

10.Kuky (hosting the game World Clan)

11.Lambies Lovechild (Scots Clan)

12.36EE (World Clan)

13.Paul Bray (EMA)

14.BelfastNiall

15.DEZMW Wilkins (clan owner)

Oups counting seems to be difficult for a Dutchman icon_razz.gif

So 1 place available!

People in the EURO2004 contest

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

Group 2

6. Stev0NUFC

7. Matt Hooker

Group 3

8. Kozak (World Clan)

9. Powlay (EMA)

10.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

13.36EE (World Clan)

14.Paul Bray (EMA)

15.BelfastNiall

16.DEZMW Wilkins (GQ clan)

And my hard work to get the countries from DDT-file in the EURO2004 will start now icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Good luck Kozak. icon14.gif

DDT files are a piece of p!ss. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol yeah but I tried to keep it as small as possible, but each time 1 country, I havent added to the DDT, reaches the tournament icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

Lol yeah but I tried to keep it as small as possible, but each time 1 country, I havent added to the DDT, reaches the tournament icon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT is funny. icon_biggrin.gif

I Blame the TESTERS icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

Can I Still Apply?

Name: Paul Doherty

Forum Nickname: Paul Doherty

Internet connections (speed): 56k icon_frown.gif

Computer speed:2.8 ghz 256 ram

CMOnline expectations: TO HAVE FUN!

Cheers

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

_People in the EURO2004 contest_

_Group 1_

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

_Group 2_

6. Stev0NUFC

7. Matt Hooker

_Group 3_

8. Kozak (World Clan)

9. Powlay (EMA)

10.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

13.36EE (World Clan)

14.Paul Bray (EMA)

15.BelfastNiall

16.DEZMW Wilkins (GQ clan)

And my hard work to get the countries from DDT-file in the EURO2004 will start now icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now the problem we have here is that the majority of the entrants are seasoned players, with only 5 listed as new players, not in my book what the drop in tourney is aiming to achieve. Shít any of us can organise a seasoned game for CMO regulars to play each other. The idea of this is for new players to come in and play with a few, and i'm talking handful of seasoned players and get a feel, i dont call this 5:16 ratio a new player friendly game.

Kozak as much as your enthusiasm for the online scene is large. I would of prefered if you had waited till we had set up some sort of regime for these drop in tourneys. I have been working on a system which i was going to run by the community for feedback.

This game has been well organised but i see it as simply a one off network challenge and not addressing the points argued in the ideas sticky.

I'll still be watching tho, i still like the finals tourney icon_smile.gif

There are 7 unexperienced guys as far as I see. icon_rolleyes.gif Group 1 & 2 are both unexperienced. What is almost 50%. A next point is that people from each others clans can meet each other.

Further I didn't see more newbies apply or showing interest when I contacted them. I just contacted some people when Marlow emptied the Available Player listings. The reason why I've split the applicants up in groups is to make clear there aren't that many newbies at this forum. If they were there then they would have been in!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Doherty:

Can I Still Apply?

Name: Paul Doherty

Forum Nickname: Paul Doherty

Internet connections (speed): 56k icon_frown.gif

Computer speed:2.8 ghz 256 ram

CMOnline expectations: TO HAVE FUN!

Cheers

icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will see what I can do for you. You will hear from me.

Kozak whats the point of trying to discuss the point with you when you "are always right" you have an answer for everything instead of taking a step back and realising maybe someone has a constructive comment. This roll eyes is ****ing me off btw and shows lack of respect. No matter what you say, the game caters in favour for the experienced regular.

I think you are a good host btw , but stop running before wyou can walk. We are trying as a community to implement a system that suits all. As a online fan myself i will never stop a host setting up a game at all but you will be on your own with this one as i hope to implement a communnity agreed regime in the next week or so icon_smile.gif

Maybe you should advise the experienced players that their acceptance is provisional and that Group 1 & 2 players take priority.

Your idea of bringing together Clans is also a good one as this is a problem with the forum - the individual nature of each Clan.

I reckon you are doing a good job there Kozak, but must agree with Dogs that your overuse of the icon_rolleyes.gif smiley ****es me off as well.

icon_smile.gif

icon_eek.gif

OK back on topic then. Jimbhoy you was just to fast for me. I was looking into all the things. So this is the list till now:

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

6. Paul Doherty

Group 2

7. Stev0NUFC

8. Matt Hooker

50% unexperienced players

Group 3

9. Kozak (World Clan)

10. Powlay (EMA)

11.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

12.Kuky (hosting the game World Clan)

13.Lambies Lovechild (Scots Clan)

14.36EE (trialist at World Clan)

--------------------------------------

15.Paul Bray (EMA)

16.BelfastNiall

r1.DEZMW Wilkins (GQ clan)

The experienced people under the line are on that place. Paul Bray & BelfastNiall can still fall out if more newbies show up. DezMW will be reserve. Hope they are willing show up at the start of the game if people fall out or don't show up.

So 2 places available for unexperienced users only!

You can sign in till Thursday 12.00 and the first two people signing in, are in.

I wanna ask Mballack, Wee_Ian, 36EE, BelfastNiall and Paul Doherty to sign in at the MSN-group: http://groups.msn.com/EuroCM2004

Archived