Maybe stupid question!

amirko

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people :D

In answer to your question i believe it uses terrible english (as everyone "over there" does lol) and refers to you as a "coach" rather than a manager. Other than that i think its pretty much the same.

Also though most user created content (skins, edited DB's etc) won't be compatible with WWSM.

It's my first year out here in the colonies too (see how we measure our 'year' by when FM comes out!) and I really want to get my hands on FM rather than WWSM. I like to try different skins and what not :)

Is that true? I would have thought skins and custom dbs would be fine.

I guess what I have done here is stated something I have been told as fact :)

I have read it a couple of times though, so assumed that my info was correct. Maybe wrong though?

I guess what I have done here is stated something I have been told as fact :)

I have read it a couple of times though, so assumed that my info was correct. Maybe wrong though?

Hmm. I could be totally wrong as I don't have WWSM. I don't know, may be something I'd like to find out though :D

Can anyone tell me what is difference between Football MAnager 09 and World wide manager 09.It is my first year in America and I wanted po preorder the game but I have found just Worldwide manager.

Thanks

Worldwide Soccer Manager is exactly the same and if it is cheaper it would be good for everyone worldwide to buy it. Yes the language is different, however you just have to change it in preferences to UK English and boom its exactly the same game. In 08 i bought both in case there was a difference, when there wasn't I returned FM 08

Hmm. I don't know, may be something I'd like to find out though :D

Yes me too...again!

I have just done a quick search that doesn't really show up anything. I think maybe it is things like FMM and Genie that don't work rather than the things I have been told previous. If so that's no beef as I've never used them.

Also though most user created content (skins, edited DB's etc) won't be compatible with WWSM.

It's my first year out here in the colonies too (see how we measure our 'year' by when FM comes out!) and I really want to get my hands on FM rather than WWSM. I like to try different skins and what not :)

I haven't had that same problem at all for my game, I have a couple of downloaded skins for it, as well as goal-net graphics and various new footballs for the ME. However in saying that user submitted data updates and utilities to cheat with usually aren't made for both games. So if you like that then I wouldn't buy it.

Worldwide Soccer Manager is exactly the same and if it is cheaper it would be good for everyone worldwide to buy it. Yes the language is different, however you just have to change it in preferences to UK English and boom its exactly the same game. In 08 i bought both in case there was a difference, when there wasn't I returned FM 08

EDIT: Nvm..you beat me to it :)

Thank you..nice name too :)

Yes me too...again!

I have just done a quick search that doesn't really show up anything. I think maybe it is things like FMM and Genie that don't work rather than the things I have been told previous. If so that's no beef as I've never used them.

I think FMM works with WSM, as it is an choice in the compatability part of FMM's options. I have read several times that suggests the opposite though. Not sure about Genie :thup:

I think FMM works with WSM, as it is an choice in the compatability part of FMM's options. I have read several times that suggests the opposite though. Not sure about Genie :thup:

Yes actually this is true. The most recent FMM is compatible for both up to certain updates i think 8.0.2 or something. It took forever for it to work for both though, so there is no guarantee that it will come out in a timely manner for 09. I actually had scout or a similar program work at one point too but I was just testing it out for my friend who wanted to buy WWSM but likes scout and wouldn't buy it if it didn't work. My point is that its no longer on my computer so I can't say which one for sure :(

I was gonna get a screen for you of my skin but I realized im lazy and don't wanna have to post it online and then link it plus I have class in a min so I have to go. I hope it has been helpful to everyone and I would recommend WWSM to anyone because it is just the same game for less money :) Oh my main skin is the Stecklo Vista (left) just as a little bit of proof it works

Archived