Monthly Installments

Typically in both a sale or a purchase the "transfer budget" will be impacted by whatever items are occurring in the next 12 months. So, in your example, you should gain the whole 4M. (Assuming your chairman gives you 100% of transfer fees).

However, if the deal had been, say, 2M up front, plus 2M over 24 months, you should gain only 3M.

Note that it doesn't mean your actual balance has gone up, just what the chairman will allow you to use .. so if you're having cash flow problems, you can make them much worse by spending money you don't yet have!

I'm sure this isn't true. As when I was manager of someone (Can't remember who) another team offered me £6mil upfront for the player and £5mil after 12months. But I got £11mil straight away. I could tell this had happened as I had no money at the start then after the sale It shot up to £11mil.

I'm sure this isn't true. As when I was manager of someone (Can't remember who) another team offered me £6mil upfront for the player and £5mil after 12months. But I got £11mil straight away. I could tell this had happened as I had no money at the start then after the sale It shot up to £11mil.

Thats what we've been saying :confused:

Archived