Performance doubts

Hi

About the new 3D someone thought to the problem of performance? I want to buy a Mac and until yesterday I was sure that FM work well on a Mac. Now, with the new 3D, we are sure that even on a Mac, which have a bad video card, FM work fine? I was thinking of buying a Mac mini (FM 2008 runs well on a mac mini) but FM 2009 will work fine on a Mac mini? Someone from SI can tell US if an integrated video card (with low performance) will be enough for FM 2009? thanks a lot

Hi

About the new 3D someone thought to the problem of performance? I want to buy a Mac and until yesterday I was sure that FM work well on a Mac. Now, with the new 3D, we are sure that even on a Mac, which have a bad video card, FM work fine? I was thinking of buying a Mac mini (FM 2008 runs well on a mac mini) but FM 2009 will work fine on a Mac mini? Someone from SI can tell US if an integrated video card (with low performance) will be enough for FM 2009? thanks a lot

Btw...why do you want to buy a Mac when a PC is more powerful, much cheaper and more upgradable?

Don't gaming applications run better on Leopard than on Windows? Or am I thinking of Linux?

Whatever, if you know the Mac to PC equivilient I expect anything slower than a 2GB dual-core PC will struggle with the new game. Don't know what the equivilent Mac spec is, tho. If it's a new model it should be fine.

Miles did say on yesterdays video that Football Manager 2009 would be available on PC & Mac so I don't think Mac users should be concerned about performance. We'll just have to be patient (highly unlikely in this forum :D) until the specs are published.

I wouldn't worry. The 3D match engine is hardly next generation stuff.

I expect anything slower than a 2GB dual-core PC will struggle with the new game.

I think you're wrong. The specs will be very similar to what we have now. FIFA Manager has the 3D engine and has very similar min and req specs. The only thing extra you need is a GPU with 64mb of memory.

It's difficult to know whether to pre-order when they have not set out the min specs (inclusive of running the 3d match engine) - or have I missed something I cannot find min specs for FM09 anywere.

:-)

It's difficult to know whether to pre-order when they have not set out the min specs (inclusive of running the 3d match engine) - or have I missed something I cannot find min specs for FM09 anywere.

:-)

Good point. You would have to be pretty confident about the specs of your machine.

Archived