Whats your best success story???

I took my local team Hucknall Town to the Championship 5 seasons. I must admit to one small cheat however. I signed Troisi and after the first season offers were flying in from Premier League clubs. I saved the game and kept offering him around over 24 months to see how much I could get.

Hull ended up offering £12,250,000!! As a Conference North team this was just luxury. I had already won the Conference North, the season after I finished 4th in the Conference and won the playoffs. Took 2 seasons to get out of League 2 before finishing 3rd and then finished 2nd immediately in League 1.

Crashed a bit in the Championship however as the 6-7m I had left wasn't anything special.

Dagenham and Redbridge to the Championship in four seasons on CM 03/04. No cheating involved and I managed to locate an awesome Faroe Island right back called Mario Zannoti. I loved that little guy. I also got to the FA cup semi-final during my promotion season from Division Two as it was then. It was mostly thanks to my inspired signing of Peter Weatherson in my first season. Ah memories...

Mine is also with Stevenage when they were a good conference side. Took them to the bring of the Championship when I foolishly accepted a job as Slovakian manager. I had amassed a squad of world beaters (alright, decent players) and I'm sure the chairman was about to build a statue of me at the ground.

Yeah it is a good feeling when you sign someone on a free or for a nominal fee when your a conference (or below) team and then selling them in a multie million pound deal.

My player like that was Chris (maybe Craig, not sure,) James who used to play for Fulham. I got him on a free when his contract expired but then I sold him to wolves for 5 million. Although he was my best player, i needed funds as i needed a bit of stability in the champo.

Archived