Clubs accepting lower bids, why?

This is a phenomenon I have seen several times, but now I just have to ask if anyone else have had the same problem:

I am Tottenham, and since I currently have loads of cash I bidded 20 million for Huntelaar. Ajax accepted, of course. Now to my issue: two days later Ajax accept a bid from Lazio of 12,5 million! And, a couple of days after that, they accepted a bid from Aston Villa of 7,5 million!

My questions:

Has anyone else encountered this?

Why in the world would any club accept a bid of 7,5 million when they have another bid of 20 million already accepted? Why would they risk losing out on the difference of 12,5 million just like that?

And, even more disturbing, I know that if I try to lower my bid to 7,5m, they will refuse. (tried that with Matías Fernández once)

It happens all the time which is why the transfers are completely screwed. Ive had teams in other countries accept offers and then refuse my offer of £5m more, then they sell to a team in their own division.

Same thing goes for a player who will demand 20k from you but refuse 15k and then sign for 3k with another team the next day or a player that will refuse to sign for you and then sign for a lower league team.

They accepted a bid of 12,5m euros less than what the OP offered because the player asked nicely? I can't really see how there's any way of justifying it when stuff like this happens, and I really hope its sorted for FM09.

I find this happens a lot to me, I am forced by the selling club to pay a lot of money and then as soon as my bid is accepted other clubs come swarming in with lower bids and occasionaly nick the guy right out from under my nose, real pain in the arse, as I and countless other people on here haven mentioned the transfer system is severely flawed and therefore I echo Kain's sentiments in the hope that it be fixed for 09

Archived