Wow... forced bidding war!

So, I have mentioned this guy on here before; Al-Qahtani, the angry backup keeper. Well, I'm having a bit of fun with a bidding war for him. Keep in mind here that the most I've ever sold a player for is around £16.5 million pounds. So, I decided this transfer window that he was no longer of any real use to me, as I had 2 very good young keepers, and my first choice was still plenty good enough. So I offered him out at £15 million. 4 clubs put in bids: Inter, Real, Milan and Barca... So naturally I decided to play like the AI and rejected them all and reoffered him at around £22 million and a 20% sell on clause. Again, the same 4 clubs bid so I again reject them all and move upto £28 mil and 20% sell on clause. Again all 4 clubs bid so I chuck it upto £32 mil and 20% and this time only Real offers... So I offer it up once more to £33 mil and a 20% (since I'm incredibly ********), and no-one bids... Feeling rather stupid I decided to chuck it upto £34 and 20% and BAM! Real bids again and Pearson accepted the offer on my behalf... So that's my new record transfer!

Anyone else managed to really milk the worth out of a transfer? The reason I decided to actually post this is people complaing that AI don't let go of good players on resonable amounts and that they can't get enough for them... Well, there you go. I also just signed on of the best left wingers in the world for around £14 million, so I'm happy with my buisness this transfer season.

I can never bring myself to do it. :( I'm usually so desperate to get rid of a player that I'm worried negotiating a transfer will see him stay on my books for ever.

This pretty much sums me up. I only ever sell players I want to sell, so that's exactly how I am.

I wanted to sell him, and I was within seconds of it last season for about £14 million, but I thought, well let's see what I can get for him... It turned out not much, until now!

I have a tendancy to push and push. If it wasn't for Pearson I would have kept going...

I just spotted something there in the confidence screen: "You are so good at generating money for the club that we think that you should consider a career as an investment banker should your management career come to an end"

Are they hinting at something...

I'm now also very tempted to find the best player outside my club and just go nuts with my money; £175 mil in the bank, £160 in the transfer budget, £800,000 free for wages and now the largest transfer in or out is Al-Qahtani out for £34 million + 20% sell on clause.

I had once a €40 million bid from chelsea on a reserve winger. Since the winger had great potential I pushed the bid up to €50 million and a 50% sell on clause. Suprisingly Chelsea accepted this and my director, ofcourse, took the whole transfer over. I was really shocked because I couldn't believe that a computer manager would bid €50 million for a player.

It is true what you said about the AI wanting massive prices thou.

I'm after pato and I jokingly offered 60 million when his value is at like 4.5 and the AI still turned it down. crazy!!

Values mean bugger all... One of my best midfielders (who I had an AI bid some £22 million for) was valued at about £5 mil until he was around 25. A player's value is determined by how much either you or the AI is willing to pay for them, and in truth despite all the complain I hear, I don't really see anything wrong most of the time. If an AI manager doesn't feel that selling let's say Messi to you for less than £80 million, then you're the silly twit who payed £80 million for one player. You only go after players when you can, the likes of say Pato at Milan, Messi at Barca, Fabregas at Arsenal and such aren't going to be let go of at cut down prices because you want them to be, you have to stike either when the time is right or be prepared to pay over the odds for them.

ie. Steffan Nielsen, best midfielder I've had in a long time, recently left at the age of 32 after 5 years of pure class. I signed him from Arsenal for £16.5 million (and he was at the time the outright best midfielder on the planet)... How? Because Arsenal were in **** because their coach sucked donkey balls. However, say I went after Ayari (best Striker on the planet at the time) from Juventus, I would have to fork out around £70 mil... Why? Because Juventus were doing perfectly fine and he was worth more to the club than less than £70 million was!

This game's transfer system shouldn't be about signing Aguero, Messi and co. on massively cut down and massively unrealistically low prices, it's should be as it is, about finding the right players at the right price.

Archived