How to move a game from 1 comnputer to another

Ive got a saved game on one laptop and want to move it to another, ive put the game onto a memory stick, put memory stick in the computer i want to move the game to, dragged the shortcut and put it in the games file, but when i go on load game its not there, can any one help please!! thanks

You need to just right click on the file and click copy. Then goto My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/games and right click and choose paste. It will then appear.

I think you need the actual file and not a shortcut.

Load the game from disc on your new computer

from old computer goto> MyDocuments and find the Sports interactive folder,

open it and select football manager 2008, put this on your mem stick, then put it in your new pc

in reverse you then goto> MyDocuments and open Sports Interactive, put the file you saved in here

and obviously replace the current one when prompted.

This will ensure all required files are transferred

on a similar note, i created a database with real competition names etc. it was 8.0.1 (i created a separate on on 8.0.2), but whenever i load an 8.0.1 edited DB game on the 2nd PC it says that the DB couldn't be found and it is loading the default DB. it also told me that with the edited 8.0.2 game, which rubbishes my theory that i needed the actual 8.0.1 patch extracted onto my 2nd PC as i have done that with 8.0.2.

i once stumble upon a folder on my old harddrive containing DB folders, not in program files or my documents, could that be what i need?

on a similar note, i created a database with real competition names etc. it was 8.0.1 (i created a separate on on 8.0.2), but whenever i load an 8.0.1 edited DB game on the 2nd PC it says that the DB couldn't be found and it is loading the default DB. it also told me that with the edited 8.0.2 game, which rubbishes my theory that i needed the actual 8.0.1 patch extracted onto my 2nd PC as i have done that with 8.0.2.

i once stumble upon a folder on my old harddrive containing DB folders, not in program files or my documents, could that be what i need?

You need your original database that the game used.

Archived