What do you think?

Right this is just an idea for FM2009 I think you should be able to start off as like a teams under 21's or 19's coach

eg. I start of as Arsenal's under 19 manager and say if i won the league with them maybe a lower league team would want me as manager. jst a thought just seeing if any1 agreed?

I suppose there's a certain logic to it. Okay, some managers start off as the numero uno, but others do start out in coaching. The question you have to ask is whether or not it would add anything to the game. If you were, say, coach of the U-18s, what would you be able to do? You wouldn't get to do transfers and the whole media side of the game (which, when you think about it, takes up quite a lot of time even though it can be pretty damn annoying) would be off-limits as very little media attention ever focuses on the U-18s. You'd get to do tactics and matches and training, but is this enough? Tactics and matches would take up a reasonable amount of time, but other than a bit of fiddling, training is a pretty underdeveloped part of the game.

Overall, I'm not convinced it would work, even though I do see a certain logic to the suggestion.

I actually like the idea, but that is because I would love to have a real history for my manager. Instead of them just appearing out of the blue. The alternate for me, would to allow us to set a history at the manager creation screen. Allowing us to set maybe a couple of U-18 and AM jobs.

Archived