No Summer friendlies possible in Italy

Is this happening just to me or is it a known problem (with FM2008 there's always a new surprise round the corner)?

This is my second season in Italy's Serie C2 and for the second year running I'm being stopped from organising friendlies for my First Team in the pre-season. There seem to be no problems for the Youth and B Team, but as the image below can show, for the First Team all dates are unavailable. Please note that all other teams in the league do organise friendlies without problems!!!

fixturesay5.th.jpg

I would have thought it was the cumbersome calendar problem when switching to a new season, wherein you can look ahead to fixtures from the current 'season', or flip ahead to the next 'season' and look at the same months.

But it look like you are in the 08/09 calendar looking at 08 dates. This means that you're in the late spring/summer of the 07/08 season, when the new calendar becomes available. Try switching back to the 07/08 calendar (with the minus button next to the 09/08 at the top), and see if you can schedule them then. There is sometimes a period of a few days when neither calendar has much range, before the new season kicks off.

Hope that helps.

Archived