CM New match engine

Surely you can't judge from that on how good a match engine is. With all respect for their efforts, there is no way they can enhance a match engine to be a good one when your base has been the awful engine of the last years. It gets better, but not by far. That takes time. More time than a year. By switching to 3d however, either they can disguise it a bit and attract the shallow visual gamers or they didn't have time to improve the core and it is still bad with a shiny outlook. It is no comparison to FM and it shouldn't be expected yet to be that. Everyone can play whatever they want though. You can't discuss taste.

I am much happier sticking with the 2d engine. I thinks it gives a better perspective of whats going on. Whilst you cant see individual skills and stuff, when the match engine for FM is ironed out completely I think it will be far more beneficial for players who use it in conjunction with player stats to develop tactics and spot weaknesses. For CM it is only a gimmick and doomed to failure like they all have been since the split

• SI Staff

There's already a thread on OTF, as has been pointed out, and that's where this belongs, as it's not about FM.

There are also loads of threads about whether FM should, or shouldn't have, a 3d match engine, so you can talk about the benefits or negatives in those :)

Thread therefore closed.

Archived