Semi-Professional >>> Professional --- Possible?

It's certainly possible, but it will take time as you're playing in Northern Ireland. I made pro there myself, but it does take a fair few years. The league simply isn't as good as most others, so only the best teams make pro.

In England it usually happens when you get promoted to League Two.

Not sure exactly what triggers it, probably a mix of several factors. It's not all good though. Once you make pro status, more players will want to sign for you, but everybody will demand more wages. A lot more as well.

Keep at it and you will make pro in the end. You will most likely need to get promoted to the top division first, and be at least in the top half there. IIRC that's when I got it. Though that it a few FMs ago. It was possibly FM06. Don't think this has changed much since then though.

Thanks!!

I wanted to know this because if it is to manage a semi-professional team forever, I rather leave and try another country.

Now I have some hope again, it's only wait some more years and decide about my future... :D

Thanks!!

I wanted to know this because if it is to manage a semi-professional team forever, I rather leave and try another country.

Now I have some hope again, it's only wait some more years and decide about my future... :D

It also depends on what country you are managing in as well. If it is a very low ranking footballing country, it could take years to become professional even if you are successful because it also depends on the quality of the other football clubs as well as the national team in question. If you are successful nationally and the other clubs from your nation are successful in continental competitions, it could take only a few years!

I manage Chimney Corner myself so was looking for the answer to this question. But I am not putting my hopes high as my parent club, Linfield, themselves are Semi-pro despite winning the top division for few years thus qualifying for Europe.

Razer82, thats very difficult to achieve as my team is only valued 60k but all well. At least I have an aim.

Razer82, thats very difficult to achieve as my team is only valued 60k but all well. At least I have an aim.

I managed it by adding future fees to all my transfers. Things like £1m after 10 internationals. Very easy to achieve when signing lots of islanders.

Doesn't getting players on Full Time contracts have a big influence aswell?

When I was first promoted to the Premier League in Northern Ireland I re-signed all my players to full time deals and this had no effect on the status of the club.

I'd won a number of league titles before making the switch to a professional club. Took a fair number of year after that to make the CL group stage but the £3mil in prize money was very well received when we did make it.

Just keep plugging away at it guys, you'll make it.

Archived