No Goalkeeper in U19 team

I just realised that there aren't any goalkeepers in my under 19 team. I have ter Stegen who is 23 and i've got a couple of reserve keepers (Aged 21 and 23).

My assistant manager recommended players to be selected towards the end of last season and I accepted his recommendations and let the rest of the contracts expire. I didn't have a close look at my youth team because all of the prospective players had a 2.5 star PA rating or below. Now i'm left without an U19 goalkeeper.

What should I do? Does it matter if my U19 team doesn't have a goalkeeper? I've checked and there aren't any decent regens (Surprising, i'm in my 4th season and no good goalkeepers have come along). I could just sign a random 16-17 year old on a free just to fill the gap, but i'm not sure if it's worth it.

Problem solved; I've signed a young 17 year old on a free. He has decent potential so he'll probably make his way up to be my second keeper once my current reserves start asking for first team football. I doubt he'll ever challenge ter Stegen for the first team though. He's content on £250 a week which is nothing for a top flight club.

Even if it doesn't matter for my U19 results, it would have really bugged me. Plus they would probably end up playing good prospects which i've signed in goal instead of their regular position, which could be problematic for their growth.

Archived