Preserving "Club home grown trained" status.

Now I know this has been discussed before but I can't find any thread so can I quickly ask again?

I manage Peterborough and am doing very well with them, indeed in a season or two I expect Euro football at London Road. I notice that I have absolutely no decent, or even potentially decent, home (club) grown youngsters in my ranks. So, in the last few months I've bought 4/5 extremely promising young players (18 years old, or less) so that when glory days arrive I will have those four necessary HG Cub players.

My questions;

1) None of them are good enough for my first team so I would like to loan them out; if they move on loan does it stop them from coming through as Club HG?

2) Is there a limit on how much time they can be loaned out of the club in these early years?

3) Does it make a difference if the loaning club is abroad?

Appreciate guidance here.

Cheers!

If you loan a player out the time spent on loan will not count towards acquiring HG-Club status, if however they remain in the same country they will build up time for HG-Nation status.

I always find it better to keep the very best talent at my club until they have gained HG-Club status & then loan them out if they could do with a little more first team playing time than I am able to offer.

I always find it better to keep the very best talent at my club until they have gained HG-Club status & then loan them out if they could do with a little more first team playing time than I am able to offer.

This. Even loaning them out to a club of the same country causes a bug. As Dortmund I sent players to Hannover(feeder) for 2-3 season, they have never played out of Germany but don't retain a true HG in same nation stat. They are consider HG though, but the bad kind, the 0-21. Any player with 0-21 for HG club and HG nation dont count when registering for the champions league. I'm not sure how the premier league rules work though.

I'm sure the 0-21 thing is a bug mainly relating to champs. So buy them young, keep them for the 3 years with the odd game, then send out on loan once they are HG.

Now I know this has been discussed before but I can't find any thread so can I quickly ask again?

I manage Peterborough and am doing very well with them, indeed in a season or two I expect Euro football at London Road. I notice that I have absolutely no decent, or even potentially decent, home (club) grown youngsters in my ranks. So, in the last few months I've bought 4/5 extremely promising young players (18 years old, or less) so that when glory days arrive I will have those four necessary HG Cub players.

My questions;

1) None of them are good enough for my first team so I would like to loan them out; if they move on loan does it stop them from coming through as Club HG?

2) Is there a limit on how much time they can be loaned out of the club in these early years?

3) Does it make a difference if the loaning club is abroad?

Appreciate guidance here.

Cheers!

1) Yes, it would stop them from acquiring that status. The time spent at other clubs is not taken into the calculation.

2) See above for HG effect. In general there is no such limit.

3) Yes, it should. If you loan the players out dometically, the time spent at the other lub does not count towards club HG status but towards national HG status.

You should re-check whether the guys who were already 18 years old when you signed them will ever qualify as club HG. IIRC they need to be at your club for full 3 years before they turn 21. In that case you'd have to signe them while they are 17 or younger.

1) Yes, it would stop them from acquiring that status. The time spent at other clubs is not taken into the calculation.

2) See above for HG effect. In general there is no such limit.

3) Yes, it should. If you loan the players out dometically, the time spent at the other lub does not count towards club HG status but towards national HG status.

You should re-check whether the guys who were already 18 years old when you signed them will ever qualify as club HG. IIRC they need to be at your club for full 3 years before they turn 21. In that case you'd have to signe them while they are 17 or younger.

According to the UEFA rules, a player counts as homegrown is he turns 21 during his third season at the club, so a player you signed at 18 should be able to become homegrown. However, I am not sure how this is coded into the game; I feel like I have seen it go both ways.

According to the UEFA rules, a player counts as homegrown is he turns 21 during his third season at the club, so a player you signed at 18 should be able to become homegrown. However, I am not sure how this is coded into the game; I feel like I have seen it go both ways.

Players who turn 18 after the season update will become homegrown, while players who turned 18 before the season update will not be homegrown. Players who have more than one season at their original club before you buy them may not receive the HG status even though you sign them before they turn 18. I know for sure that once a player has stayed 3 seasons (edit: at another club) before he turned 18 he will not be homegrown, and I have homegrown players at the club who stayed one season before I bought them... but some who stayed two seasons didn't become true homegrown.

I've played around a lot with home grown status. You can sign 19 year olds in January who will still eventually qualify for Home grown (club) - as long as they turned 19 after your club's domestic league kicked off.

If you loan a player out the time spent on loan will not count towards acquiring HG-Club status, if however they remain in the same country they will build up time for HG-Nation status.

I know I've asked this before but i have a terrible memory and can't remember the answer, or find the relevant thread, so once again...At what point after FM10 did it change to this?

cheers

xxx

Archived