Question on affiliaction for merchandise purpose

I would just like to know if for such an affiliaction to actually bring profit, I must have the league that the affiliated club comes from loaded.

I have such an affiliated club (with continental rep) in China in my save game but the chinese league is not loaded and at least on the first month I did not notice any increase in my profits

thank you

I think league loaded doesn't matter. Let's take for example United's signing of Kagawa...In japan now there will be a boost of United shirts due to this signing, if united had a japanese feeder club then this boost would be double(i think). T think also it happens with the signing of every player, but not as greater extent.

This is how it works in game anyway, as far as I am aware. So normally the 1million you pay for these connections is very over priced, yet I am sure many of us still do it, I know I do.

I believe to get any real benefit you need to purchase players of the same nationality as the feeder club.

Nope, i proved a few versions ago that this wasn't built into the code :)

Unless it's changed in FM12 (which i don't think it has)

Yes, I've done it recently with United. I had an option between 3 Japanese clubs (I think) and I chose the ones who I paid least to...! No idea of the benefits. Any concrete details somewhere?

The amounts you pay are purely linked to the reputation of those 3 clubs i believe. I don't think choosing the cheaper option will have any difference over the more expensive option, so you were right to choose the cheaper one :thup:

Nope, i proved a few versions ago that this wasn't built into the code :)

Unless it's changed in FM12 (which i don't think it has)

I thought someone proved you did a few versions ago??

What were your finding? and can you link to the thread?

I thought someone proved you did a few versions ago??

What were your finding? and can you link to the thread?

It was for FM09 where i did a lot of work for it (but i don't think it's an area that's changed much since then!)

Basically discovered in FM09 that..

- Touring the country

- Arranging any friendlies against clubs from that country

- Buying players from that country

- Choosing the more expensive affiliate club

Had no or very negligible effect on Merchandise income :) It was this thread from 3 years ago :D

It's probably right to assume that some more code has gone into this area in the past 3 years, but having played FM12 substantially, i haven't seen any major income increases associated with Commercial Affiliate clubs.

Archived