How do you train for this... ?

I have a very good player who's weakness is arguing with officials. At a recent team meeting it was suggested he be put on special training to avoid doing this. I agreed, of course.

Then I got to thinking, how do they train a chap for this? Do they give bad decisions against him in traning matches & instruct him to keep his trap shut? Sad thing is, he's had training of this nature before & come back saying something like "Suc'h-'n- such despite training, still argues with officials".

Any ideas?

It is not something trained for, but moreso part of the makeup of the players hidden stats. It may take several attempts to remove that PPM. Possibly it may not work no matter how much you try.

Whilst it is a negative, it is only an issue if the behaviour becomes problematic. Say, high aggression attribute, plus dives into tackles PPM and maybe not such a great tackler. That could possibly have the potential for issues.

In my team I have Fellaini, who has the argues with officials PPM, I trained him to stop diving into tackles and he is yet to be red carded.

He's 28, good player (I'm manager @ Lincoln City) for the standard we are in and, as far as I can tell in the two seasons I've been there, not getting any more cards than his mates. So not a problem yet. I was just surmising what the training would be for this issue.

I guess he argues not only with officials, but with coaches and fellow players as well. Training might consist of him getting fines or disciplinary actions against him whenever he starts arguing too much.

Archived