am i the only one that is awful at this game

well to be fair, i got promoted as champions in my second season with sc cambuur.

first season in the top league , i made alot of mistakes, ALOT. i have taken a beating all season , with 10 matches left i have won 1 and drawn 2, absolutly terrible. i have been beaten 7-1 and 4 or 5 goals have been scored past me on more than well 5 occassions.

Anyone else taken a huge beating for a season??

Solidifying your position within a top league after promotion is imo one of the biggest challenges FM has to offer and I think assuming that struggling to achieve that goal makes you bad at the game is being a bit hard on yourself.

I personally am probably not good enough at the game to manage it either (although I'll never know as I only ever manage title challenging established top division teams) but I'd still consider myself as fairly good at the game, within my comfort zone.

Im pretty sure i have had the worst season ever in the history of football.

season over won 1 and drawn 2.\

could it be my players simply wernt upto it ? i mean surely even a random semi pro team could of got better results than that ? which leaves me and me alone to take responsibilty of it.

Hopefully it was a learning experience. But really, personnel selection is as important as tactics, so if you've got no transfer budget and ***** players then its always going to be a big ask to do well with a recently promoted side.

When I started my save I was managing lower division clubs, Verona (Serie C1A), Bologna (Serie B), Cagliari (lower half of Serie A) and the 2nd season was always much tougher than the first. Fair enough, it was a higher division, but even when I finished midtable in Serie A with Cagliari the next season was quite difficult, as teams were more defensive against my side, and took us more seriously.

I found the jump from the Jupiler League to the Ere a massive one. I speant alot of time playing it as the FC Oss Researcher and more often then not if I went up too quickly (usually within 5 seasons) it was near impossible to stay up as the team just werent up to it.

just searched and found it, i managed and created the worst team EVER in the history of football :applause:. no other team has managed to earn only 5 points in a season at top flight....what will i do............

easy. Go down, take your time and re build. You need a build a squad that solid at the back. Play to win at home and draw away. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to 'out attack' any of the sides in the top division. Make the Cambuur Stadion a fortress!

I think your main problem is you played 10 games in 45 minutes (the space between your first and second post in this thread).

If you really did that you can't have spend much time picking your team, choosing your tactic/formation and deciding how to motivate your players. let alone watching where it all went wrong...

Well to be fair this season has taken me about 9 hours to get through

i have spent alot of time tweaking things, but have made a few mistakes and havnt learnt alot about the tactiss ystem

i lied and i have 6 matches to go but twente, ajax, psv,...you get the point i will not win or draw.

LOl i wasnt complaining either mate, so chill your wits, bro.

I'm at 686 hours played and I'm only in my third season, mainly because having never played this game I would start one, get half way through a season and then restart after I realized I made a critical error. I'm pretty sure that season 4, aka Series A is going to be a nightmare.

Archived