Football Manager - Student Documentary - Skype interviews

Hi, I'm a student at UCLan in Preston and we are making a short documentary about overplaying games, based on my own experiences in playing football manager for far too long.

We are looking to interview some people who feel they too have spent a bit too much of their time playing the game and explain why they do it. We are planning to do this with a series of interview over Skype as we do not have the facilities to take the filming equipment around the country.

So if anyone is willing to do this for us and have a little face call chat over skype that we can record and use in our documentary this would be a great help, thanks

Paul

• SI Staff

Good luck with this - sounds intruiging, are you going to post it online once its completed?

(speaking personally as someone who joined the company back in 1997 because he loved the game I don't think you can 'over-play' it .... after all the fact I'm in 2048 on FM2012 and have completed several entire games of FMH2012 just shows I'm dedicated to my job, right ..... I'm not addicted, I can stop any time I want to ..... I just don't want to at the moment thats all :D;) )

Good luck with this - sounds intruiging, are you going to post it online once its completed?

Depends on the quality of the interviews we get. We have already had a short interview with my mate who plays it a lot about how he feels playing it and why he reckons he plays it, we've also had an interview with a Psychologist studying a PhD about the motives behind playing video games discussing reasons why we play games like Football Manager a lot, so all we'd like now is a few recorded Skype calls to put in the documentary to see if what players of the game say about it match up to what she was saying.

So anyone interested please get in touch

• 4 weeks later...

we got it done eventually, unfortunately we couldn't get any Skype interviews sorted before our assignment deadline so we had to make do with what we had, it ended up turning into an advert for playing Football Manager in the end!

It can be viewed on YouTube here if you're interested:

Archived