teams talks not working well after 12.2.2

I have player half a season now after starting a new game with 12.2.2 database. Now when I give team talks I have never ever got 1 positive response, even when I ask my assistant to do the team talk no positive responses either.

I and my assistant have got 1-2 negative responses a game when doing team talks though.

I remember in my past games you would at least get 2-3 positive responses at some point, either before match, half time or at the end of the game.

whats the point having this feature if it doesn't work!

Has anyone else noticed this with the latest update?

You dont need a positive reaction in order for a team talk to have worked.

Ill assume you have started a new game with a low reputation, it will take a few seasons before players really sit up and listen to you properly. It was changed in the xmas patch, not the last one irrc.

So I have to wait until my reputation goes up before my team talks really take effect. I suppose that makes sense.

But if you don't get a positive reaction how do you know your team talk has had any effect?

Yeah if you have started with a very low rep, it will take a while for players to respect you, part of the moral update they did back in xmas.

Performances count mate, if your winning without a heap of green reactions then chances are your talks (and tactics) are working. Also i use the motivation widget when watching games, that can help you out as well. The only thing to be avoided in team talks is lots of bad red reactions, anything else should be taken as gone well.

I find if my Assman has decent ratings for Man Management & Motivation, and average Discipline ratings, the TT are fine.

It's the team meetings I find are difficult to predict. I suppose what suits one player, won't suit another, so it's better to speak to players individually rather than as a group.

Also i use the motivation widget when watching games.....

What the motivation widget, milnerpoint??

It's the team meetings I find are difficult to predict. I suppose what suits one player, won't suit another, so it's better to speak to players individually rather than as a group.

Team meetings are working great for me. I usually get 6-7 very positive responses and only 1 or 2 negative response.

What the motivation widget, milnerpoint??

When your watching a match you can pull up various widgets on the screen, match stats, player condition, motivation, assistants feedback, things like that, i personally use the motivation, and player condition widgets for every game.

Thanks, milnerpoint, I'll take a look at that.

Is the any negatives out of not using team meetings?

What I was slightly disappointed about was when I won the league, I held a TM hoping to congratulate the team, but unfortunately there wasn't an option to do so. I just think it would have been a nice touch, and it may have got some of the players on my favourites list for future seasons.

I dont think you would suffer if you never used them. The only time i use them now is if i see my team playing badly for a few games in a row, or if i have failed to win something the season before. I really dont see the need in having them to praise the players for playing well, thats what my team talks are for and private chats are for. Its def one of those features that can be avoided if you want too.

I've only used Team Meetings for correction when having a bad run. There's little sense getting the team together for a meeting to say "Keep up what you are currently doing". On good runs i use player interaction instead.

It's another of many "fancy that!" options in the game that adds very little to the activity, apart from providing the player a few extra button pressing moments.

It's way up there with praising players, altering player status, or training when recommended by trainers. In fact almost all the advice you receive, if ignored, will not prejudice your chances if you play the game with sound tactics.

Button pressing for micro-managers is what this is.

There was a bigger thread about manager reputation but i can't find it so i'll post it here..

I'm managing on Holland and got promoted and two fifth place finishes on the top tier and i still have the problem of "not looking motivated" to play for me, apparently you need to win something to get their respect even if it's a minor division(so i didn't had this problem on a previous save in England where i won the League One or Championship on the way to the top) i think this might be a little overkill, surely a promotion and two fifth place finishes from a team that wasn't even favorite to go up should be enough to be respected..

I guess i'll just have to deal with it since it's going to take a while until i win anything though i'm again on the semi-finals on the cup but playing away against Ajax is going to be tough..

I'm also wondering if getting on the players favoured personnel list negates this effect?

Archived