2 sending offs in the first half? Barca strike again...

Hey Guys,

After watching a youtube video of Messi's 234 Barca goals, I was inspired to start a Barcelona game, something I've never done on FM.

My 3rd competitive game in charge was the European Super Cup against Porto. Having paid a fee I'm not too proud of to bring Neymar in, he scores a goal from an offside position after about 15 minutes and gets booked for his protest, a little harsh. 10 minutes later he dives in the box and gets sent off, brilliant. I bring on Alexis Sanchez to replace him and he gets booked for dissent a few minutes afterwards. Somehow, Sanchez decides it's HIS turn to dive inside the box and gets himself sent off.

Personally I think this is quite funny, and ironically Busquets stayed on the pitch, and somehow I still won the match so I'm all smiles, but has anyone else had similar experiences to this?

Hey Guys,

After watching a youtube video of Messi's 234 Barca goals, I was inspired to start a Barcelona game, something I've never done on FM.

My 3rd competitive game in charge was the European Super Cup against Porto. Having paid a fee I'm not too proud of to bring Neymar in, he scores a goal from an offside position after about 15 minutes and gets booked for his protest, a little harsh. 10 minutes later he dives in the box and gets sent off, brilliant. I bring on Alexis Sanchez to replace him and he gets booked for dissent a few minutes afterwards. Somehow, Sanchez decides it's HIS turn to dive inside the box and gets himself sent off.

Personally I think this is quite funny, and ironically Busquets stayed on the pitch, and somehow I still won the match so I'm all smiles, but has anyone else had similar experiences to this?

:lol: nope never had that before

Just had two players sent off in a minute. Koke sent off for a two footed lunge, Silvio who was already booked decided to protest and was booked again and sent off. I only lost 1-0 despite being down to 9 men for 70 minutes - didn't even change my tactics, just saw it as a write off.

Had a situation in one of my previous saves when I was 1:0 down and entered injury time. A cross came from the wing and my star striker tapped it in, but an offside call ruined my happiness. Then I see my players gathering around the linesman and three of them get a yellow, one is sent off because he has already been booked before. I was to give up but then another cross and an identical shot from the same striker gave me a valuable draw. What a game!

I had a game a few days back where I went down to 10 men, losing 1-0 and managed to bring it back to 1-1 before they scored again. I somehow equalised and then in the 88th minute I scored off a massive deflection :D

I then had to play with 10 men in the next game, won that one too.

I then had to play with 10 men in the next NEXT game, but only drew. But still, 3 red cards in 3 games and 7 points to speak for it made me happy :p

I thought you were going to say that two of the opposition players got sent off after your players dived and rolled around faking injuries :p

(J/K, I love Barca myself)

Anyway - I've found that going from 11 to 10 doesn't seem to change the results, assuming that the opposition presses for the win, it's usually quite feasible to get a goal on the counter. It can be difficult to score with 9, although that's usually enough to defend solidly if that's all you need in the situation.

On my United save (12.1 database), Ravel Morrison got sent off in the first 10 mins against Stoke. Darron Gibson then saw red just before half-time. At half-time I sent on two subs to re-jig things.

In the second half I made my third and final sub on the 62nd minute. Cleverley then got crocked bang on the 65th.

Playing with 8 players sucks! Somehow managed to win 1-0 though.

Archived