How to control the same player frequently picking up red cards?

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been raised before, I did do a quick search but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Basically, I need to try and control Yohann Cabaye's on pitch attacks on his opponents.

I'm in my third season with Newcastle, his first two seasons he picked up a collective total of 13 yellow cards and no reds in a combined 73 appearances. This season so far he's picked up 9 yellows and 4 reds in only 4 games. I've tried warning, fining and talking in no uncertain terms of my extreme anger/disappointment in his sendings off when questioned in the press conferences, but his aggression seemingly knows no bounds right now.

Are there any other options available to me? I would love the option to take this into a private chat with him and tell him that if his attitude on the pitch doesn't improve I'll be dropping him for a prolonged period and/or looking to offload him, but this doesn't seem an option available at the minute. As important as he is (He's consistently been one of my best players in my game so far), he's currently a liability and I'm at the point where I'm worried to actually select him in case he goes and gets another red card and another suspension.

Some facts, I aint sure if all of them are relevant or not...

I haven't changed his position in my formation (playing as a DM: DLP-Support) and I haven't touched his or the teams tackling instructions.

I started with 12.1 database, updated to 12.2 after the start of my third and current season.

His morale and general happiness have been steady and haven't dipped or changed in such an extreme way that could feasibly affect this.

Would be very interested to hear some tips/advice on how to possibly combat this problem.

Thanks guys.

After so many times being fined his aggression hasn't dropped a single bit?

You could try telling him to tackle lighter,but mark tighter on his instructions,could solve something at least.

There is also a PPM section for discipline,but I've never seen that being available actually,maybe this one is the aggression gem that will need a little training on that,

This season so far he's picked up 9 yellows and 4 reds in only 4 games.

thats impossible my friend xD but i got no clue :S telling him to tackle lighter should be a good option

thats impossible my friend xD but i got no clue :S telling him to tackle lighter should be a good option

Again, "Violent two-foot tackles" aren't really tackles! Adjusting tackling, closing down, mentality or other tactical instructions will not affect these incidents at all.

Whenever you see a player jumping in like crazy and is correctly shown the direct red card, just replace what you saw with any given real-life incident involving assault or other illegal activities; like headbutts, fistfights, throatgrips. Your player is not tackling too hard, he is losing it on full tilt!

I don't know why FM reduces Aggression when violence is met with a 2-week fine. Aggression could be 1 and a player with that Temperament will still attack people...

On FM2011 I had Juan Manuel Torres in my team, and he had a habit of getting sent off, often in important matches. When he got sent off I'd heavily criticise him in the post match press conference, and his aggression attribute actually seemed to lower a point each time I did this (2-3 times). I'm guessing his mental attributes might have altered as well.

I eventually had had enough though and I decided to get rid of him, even though he was a first team regular, as I didn't think I could remove his recklessness.

Archived