Question about "gifting" via Steam during the current limited-time discount offer.

Since the "main" thread for this offering was closed, I have to express myself in this one. I read all about the logic between "same discount percentage", but why in the world are we using Steam – one point of which, in my opinion, should be giving each and everyone the same possibilities to participate – if the pricing is different depending on your whereabouts? This is completely ridiculous and will merit, for myself, for a full boycott of any Steam products until this is resolved.

Furthermore, even if Sega is not responsible for the pricing, should they/you not be at least aware of the pricing differences so as not to send out emails independent of the recipient's region, promising the £7.99 price for all. I would call this false advertisement.

So why am I writing this here? I know it's not thoroughly your responsibility. Yet, it is, if you take this point: you know your customer base better than anyone, so it really is of your responsibilities to let the Sega marketing team know what will work and what will not work with your (potential) customers. I'm very disappointed at how this latest campaign was conducted and will NOT be purchasing FM2012 as a result. I don't know if many people or not have reacted the same way but for me the only way to jump back into your bandwagon is to get your pricing right. And don't tell me you're not responsible for it – because you are. You can push Steam towards a more reasonable pricing if you want to.

I have a question: I haven't bought the game yet, but me and my friend both want to buy it.

If I buy a copy now, and then gift a copy to him, will he get the special super-discount (4.99 pounds)?

wi

In theory, this should work. However, some of the staff in the forums have said they have received feedback regarding problems and they will contact SEGA marketing today, should be sorted today they said.... Fingers crossed!

• Administrators
Since the "main" thread for this offering was closed, I have to express myself in this one. I read all about the logic between "same discount percentage", but why in the world are we using Steam – one point of which, in my opinion, should be giving each and everyone the same possibilities to participate – if the pricing is different depending on your whereabouts? This is completely ridiculous and will merit, for myself, for a full boycott of any Steam products until this is resolved.

Furthermore, even if Sega is not responsible for the pricing, should they/you not be at least aware of the pricing differences so as not to send out emails independent of the recipient's region, promising the £7.99 price for all. I would call this false advertisement.

So why am I writing this here? I know it's not thoroughly your responsibility. Yet, it is, if you take this point: you know your customer base better than anyone, so it really is of your responsibilities to let the Sega marketing team know what will work and what will not work with your (potential) customers. I'm very disappointed at how this latest campaign was conducted and will NOT be purchasing FM2012 as a result. I don't know if many people or not have reacted the same way but for me the only way to jump back into your bandwagon is to get your pricing right. And don't tell me you're not responsible for it – because you are. You can push Steam towards a more reasonable pricing if you want to.

If you're unhappy with the European pricing I'd suggest contacting Steam and/or Sega to raise your concerns about it. Unfortunately we don't have any kind of say in regards to pricing here at Sports Interactive. I'm not trying to pass on responsibility or fob you off, I'm afraid we just can't really say or do anything in this situation.

Archived