Players growth has stalled due to lack of match experience

I always get this info from my assistant when i look on a players profile, whether they have played a lot of games or not. For example, last season my CM played nearly every game for me and it still said that he needed more match experience. Also, i get this when i have a young player (17/18) who i play regularly - 20 games a season, which should be enough?

I find this message will appear unless the player has played a lot of matches. Even if they play every 2nd match, your assistants will report that the players development has stalled due to lack of match experience. I don't think it means that the player has stopped progressing (ins some cases it might), I think it means that the player is not developing on a path to reach his full potential.

I find this message will appear unless the player has played a lot of matches. Even if they play every 2nd match, your assistants will report that the players development has stalled due to lack of match experience. I don't think it means that the player has stopped progressing (ins some cases it might), I think it means that the player is not developing on a path to reach his full potential.

But with 17/18 year olds, surely 20 games a season in the premier league should be enough, until he is 20 and ready for the first team?

Archived