MLS International Slots

I've been experiancing a bit of an issue in the MLS where other clubs offer one of their international slots and then no matter how long i leave it after accepting the player never responds to the contract offer (whereas normally they just immiediately accept the same day and move). It happens wiht every player im wondering if its a bug or just me.

Also a few years into the game and a lot of the teams now seem to be 50% greyed out players, i think the guys coming through in the draft might be a bit too "naff" for the clubs to actually hold on to them. I feel as a whole the MLS could do with a lot of work, but im just seeing if anyone else has had these issues.

I find that when accept offers in the MLS, it is best to go to the transfer center and click the green tick after viewing the offer. Normally works then. The AI likes MLS squads much smaller. I built a large and very strong Portland side in 2020. In one season it was great, but then the new manager came in and dismantled it all. Financial reasons I guess.

Pacman's got it- there's a known bug with accepting offers from the "view offer" screen. Either accept the offer in the news item or go to the transfer center and highlight the offer, then press the green check mark.

As for the draft...do what I do and use FMRTE to edit the 150 players and give them a shot at hanging around in the league.

ah right ill start doing that then cheers guys. And yeah think i will start using FMRTE to boost their starting CA a bit so the teams dont get too empty.

It's not so much an issue of low CA- it's just the random nature of their attribute distribution that really kills the newgens. Far too many sub-10 stamina ratings, or midfielders with 4 dribbling. On the flip side, I had a Canadian newgen central defender who, despite being slow (9 pace and accel) was decent defensively, and I ended up selling him for $675,000. Later looked in FMRTE and his CA/PA was only 97/101. With a decent distribution of attributes (think 10s and 11s instead of 15s and up) players with PAs anywhere over 100 can make for good role players.

Pacman's got it- there's a known bug with accepting offers from the "view offer" screen. Either accept the offer in the news item or go to the transfer center and highlight the offer, then press the green check mark.

As for the draft...do what I do and use FMRTE to edit the 150 players and give them a shot at hanging around in the league.

Is there any way to do that without actually going through 150 players by hand? It'd be cool if a program could randomly update 150 of the draft class, which would still leave a little bit of mystery as to who's good when I'm actually drafting.

Unfortunately, no...though you can generally skip editing the players that aren't on a team when the draft list is announced as they're generally older (23 or 24) and aren't very good. Honestly, though, as long as you don't pay too much attention to the player names when you edit them, you'll likely forget who had good PA.

Archived