Anyone ever had a decent takeover?

At West Ham Gold and Sullivan did ok for me with their transfer budget for a couple of years and then at the start of season four I had a takeover. Once I managed to stay in my job I looked forward to a bit more financial input which was ok for their first season but the last two seasons I have had a poxy transfer budget of around £800 K. I have tried offloading players to bring more funds in but even my England Internationals won't sell for decent prices. The last straw came when I had a couple of decent free's who wanted to join but I could only offer them about 800 quid a week despite being well under my wage budget!

I can't understand it, I had a couple of decent Euro runs and decent TV money but it's like it's vansihed! It's like Venky's have taken over!!!

Is there any real point in the game to allowing take overs by people who have absolutely no money to put into the Club?! Sooner or later I will have to bury the Reserve team or win the Champions League!!

Anyone had any luck with a decent takeover at all?

yes i have had with my basingstoke save. got taken over first season in the premier league (had speculation over the course before of a takeover only to collapse). i havent got a sugardaddy but whenever there is a million or few in the black he will increase my budget on average im getting £15-£25 million as a budget but as i got a few wonderkids coming up through my ranks im not really spending. this is a fair reflection on life though with takeovers to be fair. sunderland got taken over in my game promised £200 million on stadium and transfers but finances and signings suggest otherwise. biggest signing for them is £3 million since that happened and no stadium.

Got a massive tycoon (year was about 2030) when I was at Kilmarnock in FM10.

Was already challenging the Old Firm, so I didn't really need it.

Recklessly spent £24m on a Brazilian striker, before fortunately selling him on a year later for £26m.

Invested in youth after that and made the club bigger than Celtic/Rangers.

Big stadium, youth network improvements, etc.

Good fun.

Archived