Player's Value: How is it calculated?

As per the thread title, how does the game calculate a player's value?

Obviously when a player is transferred, his value becomes the paid transfer fee. But after a while this value will eventually change, and what I want to know is what determines this?

I think he means(correct me if i`m wrong) if i signed a 23-25 year old for 15m quid and he has 1-2 good seasons averaging around 7.75 for the 2 seasons but his value drops to around 9-11m?

He has now become a leading premier league star but when i purchased him, he was a good premier league player and his CA has risen 20 ?

Maybe?

I think this has something to do with club reputation.

I have never managed Real Madrid before amd i saw, on a regular basis, players value increases alot, with signings similar to the one above but the club i was using before was a top 6 side in the EPL so maybe rep has a big part to play in the value increasing.

Aye, that is why I'm asking the question. Although obviously it works both ways. You see players brought on the cheap, who perform poorly but their value rises.

I assumed it's an algorithm that ties in club reputation, player reputation, age, wage & remaining length of contract (and perhaps CA), but I was kind of hoping that someone might definitively be able to lift the lid on the exact equation.

I constantly think my squad is undervalued but I guess it is mostly to do with reputation as that would make sense in my head. Country, club, league and player. I guess CA and PA also lend a hand :)

I am currently in league 1 and I think my squad is highly undervalued, I can only get rid of players for free yet for me they win back to back league titles!

Something that really bothers me is that sometimes you can have a 20-22 year old worldbeater with 4-5 years on contract and winning awards constantly but still you have 31 year old sitting on the bench, 1 year left on contract, performing mediocre, not winning anything and still be worth twice as much

I remember a game with leeds I bought a unknown player from Ireland 17 years old, bought for £50K. He went on to play more than 300 PL matches and winning countless leagues and cups and european cups. also made team of the year on several occasions.. but still he was never worth more than £5m.. IMO he should have been worth £20m at least in his prime. Problem was that his CA was probably not very high, but his attributes were just optimally set for a DC, so his defensive attributes were 15-20 while most others were 5-12. But in the game he was in top5 best DC in the game, yet his value suggested he was more like in the bottom of a top250.

Archived