Bosman Transfers on FM12

Hi there,

I'm currently in Feb 2012 (in the game, before you make a joke) and I'm trying to get some players in on free transfers when their contracts expire at the end of the season. However, it won't yet let me offer any contracts without making a bid, it's telling me I need to have a bid accepted first. Anybody know what to do? Never had this problem on any other FM games,

Thanks,

Tom

Presuming you are playing in England you can only offer contracts 30 days/1 month before their current one expires, previously this was 6 months.

EDIT

Sorry, should clarify this is for English based players. For players in other countries I believe you can approach them 6 months before still.

I think you have to wait until they have less than six months left on their existing contracts. You can always scout them and have a look at the report and it will say when you should make an offer, also look at the transfer screen and use the filter by picking contract expiring 6 months etc and that should give you a list of players whoes contracts are coming to an end.

Archived