holding on

Fight fire with fire. Thats what i do, counter the changes you see them make. Sitting back when playing a team better than you rarely works for me as the better players always seem to find that extra yard of space.

Make sure if you go defensive your players are well trained with that as well.

maybe its just luck but i find 'retain possesion' works a treat , i always use that from about the 75th minute if i'm winning but worried. And sycstorm's advice about switching a AMC for DMC is good as well , just make sure you have that tactic trained as one of your 3 tactics.

And of course sub anyone not doing there job , if someone's crap in the 75th minute chances are they are a problem waitng to happen.

• Administrators

Keep an eye out for an opposition that pushes into a very attacking formation (say a 4-2-4) and as others have said, then the decision to either fight fire with fire and counter comes, or as I normally do, drop a third CB back into a back five. If you can keep possession brilliant, but if you go narrow it'll force them either down the flanks which gives you more chance to clear or hopeful long shots. It's when the hopeful long shot flies into the top corner when you want to cry :(

Archived